Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
What does upstream bandwidth even mean? My NAT and Packet Loss Rating show both green but the upstream bandwidth has said warning since I bought reach last year! Can someone give me a brief definition of what this means and how to fix this problem?
I dont know what it means. But im sure most people have it. I know i do.

<4 <343
There has to be a reason why it says its slow. My router is relatively fast but changes speed quite often. I guess it might be the cause of campaign and firefight to have a huge delay while playing with others online, but thats just a solid guess.
My upstream bandwidth was always good, i.e. green. That changed the day before yesterday and I have no idea why. I've had the same ISP for 2 1/2 years now, and my ISP didn't change anything. Neither did I change my router or modem, and they both still work 100% fine. Various UL/DL/ping speed tests provide the same results like they did half a year ago, so I really have no idea why I'm now getting a warning about my bandwidth.
im not clear on what it is exactly, but as long as you have been able to play w/o issues then it isnt really a big deal

the NAT is what you have to be weary of, if that is moderate or closed then you will be unable to connect/communicate with certain players who have the same setting- and it is a fairly common thing...
if you have a old router then that may be why?. I just had a problem with me Nat and I just tested my connection and it came up green again. this might help your upstream bandwith
The Prox I am King on the side of the mountain!!1
Its massively buggy dont worry about it. If your connection speed is still the same then you have nothing to worry about.
I've just been over to B.net and there are quite a few people complaining about the very same thing. Seems like there's something wrong on Bungie's side and not ours. Still annoying, though.
Reach's system for sensing bandwidth isn't accurate at all. My friend has a 20Mb down cable connection. While I don't know his upstream speed, it's got to be pretty good. Point is, even his says "Warning!" I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you're not lagging in-game you're fine.
"x GangsterNo1 x" wrote:
I've just been over to B.net and there are quite a few people complaining about the very same thing. Seems like there's something wrong on Bungie's side and not ours. Still annoying, though.

Past 2 weeks I've noticed it, every firefight matchmaking game I join about 1 or 2 minutes in it starts lagging to hell. Then it says connecting to new host, starting game, and everyone quits but me. Check the b.net site after and it says i DNF. Noticed my bandwidth usage was in the red today. Up until the 2 weeks ago or so I had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. Any hope I had of completing my commendations is now out the window, at least it is for the Backup one. Meanwhile matchmaking is totally fine, no problems at all. This can't be something on my side. So what is it? Until it is fixed a huge part of matchmaking reach is disabled for me. And seeing as how membership to use it isn't free I should think that however is screwing with it should get it right. Or they could give me a refund, because frankly I'd demand it if all of the online portion of reach was lagging out.
"KrazyDan26" wrote:
"x GangsterNo1 x" wrote:

Past 2 weeks I've noticed it, every firefight matchmaking game I join about 1 or 2 minutes in it starts lagging to hell. Then it says connecting to new host, starting game, and everyone quits but me. Check the b.net site after and it says i DNF. Noticed my bandwidth usage was in the red today. Up until the 2 weeks ago or so I had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. Any hope I had of completing my commendations is now out the window, at least it is for the Backup one. Meanwhile matchmaking is totally fine, no problems at all. This can't be something on my side. So what is it? Until it is fixed a huge part of matchmaking reach is disabled for me. And seeing as how membership to use it isn't free I should think that however is screwing with it should get it right. Or they could give me a refund, because frankly I'd demand it if all of the online portion of reach was lagging out.
alright here's your problem(s).
first off first, bandwidth has nothing to do with anything, it's been saying warning for me since i had the game and it does not effect me at all.
second, try to reset your router, if you don't know what that means is that you unplug your router and plug it back in.
thirdly, if that doesn't work try to use internet on your computer or something, if your having problems than you simply need a new and better router
*annoying double post*
Yours is the best advice so far, so thanks, I'll try that when I can.
Im not sure what it means, but they led me to believe it doesnt matter if it says warning or not. What i did notice, is that when it was green i never lagged, but when it says warning, i lag like hell when someone gets on the internet. So if yours says warning you r gonna lag in you got other people on ur internet. Im not sure but so far it seems to b right. I just want to find out how to change it to green again.
I have a huge problem with this. My upstream bandwidth says warning and I never get connection host. Firefight is unplayable and there is noticeable delay when I headshot someone and when they die. My client says I've moved sufficiently behind cover in time, but to the host I am still in pursuit of cover and as a result I get killed through walls.
How can I possibly have this warning with a connection like this:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2260956012.png
?
YouTube

Skip to 5 min in... Some times being shot through a wall has nothing to do with connection.
No advise here was helpful. Everyone else, I Found Better on Google. Just type in exactly the problem and you will find it.
ixXThePlagueXxi;2167647 wrote:
No advise here was helpful. Everyone else, I Found Better on Google. Just type in exactly the problem and you will find it.

Then why did you feel the need to necro bump this old thread?
I was told by a gamer that works for a computer repair shop that the game is as fast as its slowest internet connection player. If your playing with someone that has a slow connection like dial up or dish in the sticks (YES they do actually play on here!!) then everyone will play at that speed.
To the post above:
Firefight is completely different from matchmaking (unless it is firefight matchmaking) in terms of lag.
In firefight, EVERYONE must have a good connection, or else the game has input lag (you press a button and 1 second later the game responds)
In matchmaking, the game will only lag if the selected host lives on Mars.
I have no clue how the host is selected, or why the game selects the laggiest host, so don't ask me that.
12Next >2 Pages