Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»161 Pages
Good news: The vast majority of you reading this will never need to post in this thread.

Bad news: If you are checking this page because of an in-game message, it is likely that you have been banned for violating the terms of use and/or committing a code of conduct violation. It is also possible in the case of an especially egregious violation, that your Xbox 360 system itself is now banned from Matchmaking. The duration of this ban will be based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation. In most cases, Custom Games will still be available. In extreme cases, they will not.

Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:

• Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
• Modifying your Xbox 360 hardware or game software and services in any way.
• Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
• Impersonating a Bungie, 343, or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.

The following things will not result in a visit from the Banhammer:

• Lag (poor or intermittent network performance).
• Occasional disconnects due to inconsistent network conditions.

Please note that while this process is automated, it is accurate. Bans are almost certainly legitimate, and will stay in force for their stated duration. To keep your matchmaking privileges in good standing, immediately cease any unsociable behavior and wait out the ban. Either way, there will be no response communication from this process.

Below are some sample questions and answers.

I shouldn't be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must've logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?

If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?

No. Like it says above, our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong. Case closed.

Will posting in this thread guarantee my ban will be lifted and that someone will respond personally to every post?

Unfortunately, no. We simply don't have enough eyes, ears and typing hands to respond to every single post. However, the community will help keep you honest. You have a public game history for everyone to see. If you post you were banned unjustly, the community is in their rights to check out your history to confirm or deny your claims. Please, just keep it clean.

The purpose of this thread is to keep all questions pertaining to bans in one place. Without a megathread for such questions, the rest of the forum will almost certainly turn into a cavalcade of ban questions.

If you were banned and think you have a case, this is the ONLY thread you should post in. If other moderators see posts pertaining to bans in other threads, they will either be deleted outright or a kind-hearted mod might just move the posts to this thread.

If any users are caught habitually spamming ban threads in other threads, we will consider that a violation of the forum Terms of Use. You will risk being banned here as well. We don't want to have to ban anyone, but we do want an open, honest and positive place to post about all things Halo, so a thread like this is necessary.
I have a question, the first mission of Spartan Ops, are we allowed to continue playing that for XP?

Not really boosting, it's just grinding. -- I'd appreciate a reply back as soon as possible. I'm just curious, as it's a way to get Wheelman commendation, and probably a few other commendations.

It isn't cheating or boosting, like I said it is grinding. You guys were not strict with the macro custom challenges, so I doubt you'd be strict about this.
Wondering why I received an XP ban? I was not receiving any XP on the morning of 11/09/12, however later on in the day I was able to gain it again. However, tonight, I received an XP ban notification and have no idea where this came from? I had purchased plenty of cases of mountain dew to use the double XP codes. Is this why? If so, why would a company ban someone from obtaining a gift they are marketing? Gamertag - Dark Portal 38
Got banned for boosting apparently? Any idea on how long its gunna last?
Heh, okay, in the middle of a big team game on exile with friends and i randomly get a message saying i got temp xp banned. honestly, im wondering What the hell i did to get it. before that game and a couple games before that i was experiencing Lag from choosing the game type and i kept going back to the infinity menu, like i would go into war games with my party, and get lagged back to the menu, then when i would finally get into war games i would choose Big team, and it would keep said that we had aborted matchmaking because of networking failures. what is this nonsense? and on top of that i could of been a SR-34 or even a 35 right now because ive just been winning games, and unlocking commendations. BUT no, that wont happen for a while because this automated system seeks out BS and Bans for a laggy connection. the damn game has been laggy since the first game ive played, wether it be a really bad one where people are jumping around and randomly dying, or a minor lag where a guy wouldnt get shields down or die until after i died. Please, i really enjoy playing this game, and i want my XP for playing it.
I'm kinda confused in some part of the reasons for banning. Why is there join in process if you get banned for quitting. I don't understand. Also how are people getting voiced banned and being unsocialble what does that mean.

What happens of someone talks trash to you will the get banned (lso how can you prove this.) I don't know any rules can someone help me understand this thread. Its not very clear.

Please pm or msg my tag I need these answers.
Ok well there is one big detail being skipped here how long are the bans. no matter what the story who did what with who lvl caps or what ever we want to know how long please tell us before some lose intrest in our call of duty with spartans game with great graphics goes back to gamestop on the used section.
"You have been banned from voice chat for 1 week."
Really, 343i? I don't even HAVE a headset to talk into, c'mon now. I have Kinect but have it always set on "MUTE". Epic fail, way to ruin this game. Banning like this after launch isn't a great way to 'promote' your game. So yes, I'm a perfect example of the voice ban system being faux. I have played other games with kids, who yell into their mics, and I beat them, and they tea bag me constantly. Then a few games later I get: "Banned from voice chat". LOL... they probably all just filed complaints on me because I beat them, and I don't even have a headset to talk smack, on top of that I'm 28 years old and don't feel the need to talk trash.

This system is just out of hand and I feel for anyone who actually has a headset on here seeing as how unjust the system is. Good job guys, keep up the 'good work' on your clearly faulty system.
As for the "XP Bans", I think that's rediculous. Why would you ban something you are marketing? A better idea would be to just limit how many double XP matches a person can have in a day. That plus the XP cap would keep the 'progressive integrity' of your game a lot better off. Just some ideas. And voice banning is just rediculous to leave to a 'system', voice bans should be left up to Microsoft and should be reviewed as apparent with my situation. Banned from voice for a week, yet I don't even own a headset and have never talked once in game. I beat a few children earlier who were screaming obnoxious things, and they got salty with me apparently, so now I'm the one who gets a 'voiceban'. It doesn't affect me one way or another, I don't like using mics and never will. But, none the less, it shows how badly people who may use mics can get messed over. Sad, but very true.
I have a question also which is very important.
Due to finding foreign hosts the majority of the time, usually during game I will go into blackscreen and the only way to fix it is to leave. I have a fair amount of leaves because of this already and am curious as this counts towards habitual quitting. Because as it stands, it can't be helped and is unfair. This also happens to almost everyone on my friends list whenever we search big team, or well, try too.
Realy habitual quitting in a game with join mid games can still result in a ban, lol.
You can get banned for quitting? You guys implement the disgusting join in progress feature and now expect us to stay in matches we joined mid game when the team is horrible? Well aren't you guys just the smartest people ever.
The only thing they should be looking to ban is pirates or modders. Leave the rest to Microsoft. As for XP bans, that's the worst one I've heard. Hasn't happened to me, but it actually hurts Mountain Dew and Doritos and others who are promoting this "Double XP" idea. If you're going to limit it (and I understand that) then limit how many double XP matches someone can have in 24 hours. Don't throw out bans! JEEZ.

2 games ago I was playing oddball and they were using a lag switch. We were way ahead in the game and then all of a sudden the game started lagging and then it lagged for the rest of the game yet the game did not migrate hosts or something. The other team was teleporting and my shots weren't even doing damage. Can you get banned for lag switching?
Johnny C4ge;1707156 wrote:
"You have been banned from voice chat for 1 week."
Really, 343i? I don't even HAVE a headset to talk into, c'mon now. I have Kinect but have it always set on "MUTE". Epic fail, way to ruin this game. Banning like this after launch isn't a great way to 'promote' your game. So yes, I'm a perfect example of the voice ban system being faux. I have played other games with kids, who yell into their mics, and I beat them, and they tea bag me constantly. Then a few games later I get: "Banned from voice chat". LOL... they probably all just filed complaints on me because I beat them, and I don't even have a headset to talk smack, on top of that I'm 28 years old and don't feel the need to talk trash.

This system is just out of hand and I feel for anyone who actually has a headset on here seeing as how unjust the system is. Good job guys, keep up the 'good work' on your clearly faulty system.

If you never talk, why do you care?
If they do not tell you about the duration of the ban you should assume its either 1 or 2 days depending on if its your first infraction. If it is more than 48 hours they will most likely inform you of the duration. Also XP bans and communication bans are enforced when you have been caught boosting, best way to prevent that is to not be talking to anyone on the other team or just group up with your friends so you don't end up going against them.

For those of you who are actually cheating and trying to play dumb maybe you should just not cheat, I for one am super happy to see them bringing down the banhammer super hard after so many years of people cheating at halo and nothing ever being done about it. They are weeding out the cheaters in the first week, love it. Also, better watch for this level of banhappy banhammers when CoD is released, jfyi.
I don't. It doesn't affect me what so ever. None the less, it pointed out how laughably awful the system is and proves that if a certain quota of people report you with no proof you're toast. I'm not upset at all really, I just think it's stupid to have it in place. There's just too many bans going around with out any due cause. In any case, I'm more upset about hearing about XP bans. That's what's got me in a real tiff with 343 right now. Hasn't happened to me, but disappointing to hear it.
Leadership;1707438 wrote:
I have a question also which is very important.
Due to finding foreign hosts the majority of the time, usually during game I will go into blackscreen and the only way to fix it is to leave. I have a fair amount of leaves because of this already and am curious as this counts towards habitual quitting. Because as it stands, it can't be helped and is unfair. This also happens to almost everyone on my friends list whenever we search big team, or well, try too.

Your problem sounds like a connection issue on your end.
Pluudo;1707813 wrote:
2 games ago I was playing oddball and they were using a lag switch. We were way ahead in the game and then all of a sudden the game started lagging and then it lagged for the rest of the game yet the game did not migrate hosts or something. The other team was teleporting and my shots weren't even doing damage. Can you get banned for lag switching?

This is actually happening to a lot of people, its not a lag switch it is lag within the server its self. A lag switch that bad will most definitely force the host out of the match. Every time it has happened to me no one got any kills at all and I've had them last for up to a minute with everyone just teleporting around and not being able to do anything.

And to answer your question, yes, lag switching is bannable...at least I hope it is, thought I'm not a mod so I can't give a 100% answer to that.
I have not done anything against the terms for getting ban??
123Next >»161 Pages