Notification

Icon
Error

«< Previous1314151617Next >»76 Pages
Albatross;1705259 wrote:
It's as if they don't even give a Yoink! about their international customers!

What do you mean, "as if"?

wow what is wrong with 343, i was so excited with halo 4 i couldnt wait, the campaign and the muiltiplayer looked epic and was buying it with xbox live gold. Now seeing this i dont think i will by the xbox lvive gold jsut for this as this is a complete joke. Also i might not even consider halo 4 now, despite it looks good it has no quality muiltplayer. Way to go 343 you just lost my money
Xbox in general needs to be more transparent with how their matchmaking handles pings and information.

All the PC market really has to do is branch out and market towards more casual gamers and the Console is done for. PC's are more customizable and give players more control. Nearly every PC game has server browsers and even visible ping. Its really silly. Perhaps as the online console population matures and becomes more knowledgeable things will change, but until then they'll be happy being denied simple standard features.
15 pages of aussies + a few other countrys voicing their opinions and still 343 has no reply.

What the hell.
come on 343, the game will be dead online within a year if you dont acknowledge other countries and fix this. Seeing as noone would want to play on laggy servers, like who would. At lest gta 5 coming out soon
ACL Crux;1703594 wrote:
Also, can the thread be renamed to "Lack of Regional Filter" or some such? As other people have said, it's not just Australians that are getting shafted by the lack of a regional filter.

Cool so I changed the title. I kept good con in there for people like me who used to refer to it as that and not a regional filter. So now we have almost 350 people who have voted! over 15 pages! and no one in a position to give legitimate feedback on the issue has responded!!!! grr seriously guys.
343, who knows if you fix this more people will buy this game, coming from myself.
submitted a reddit post to try and get more exposure for the issue... dont know if it will work but it's something I thought to try
I'm bloody surprised there isn't one TBH, every online game worth it's salt should come with this from day one.
Prince Rhaego;1666389 wrote:
It never worked, anyway

Pretty much. At least, not in the US.

I don't dislike anyone from other countries or anything, but there really should be some sort of region specific host setting.
So this is a noob story. But I thought itd be funny to show how desparate I am. I found something called Peerblocker and im like HMMMMMM I can connect xbox to my laptop and use it as a wireless adaptor and block yanks etc joining me (im sure you have all already realised this is flawed but I was hopeful) ITS GENIUS. get it all setup then realise...I cant block them from joining me at all...if I could I wouldnt be able to join xbox live or anything ...sighhh. FIX THIS 343 ITS BS
Going in with a full party of 6 Australians does not even ensure an Aussie match, let alone an Aussie host. Ridiculous!
I went out on a limb and bought halo 4 for old times sake and I had high hopes that there would be some regional selection to keep me away from American games.

Well played 343i, you got my money for halo 4. However without the implementation of a system that will allow me to play games with a good connection 100% of the time (you know, like every other modern game out there), you will not be receiving a halo 5/6 purchase or a next-gen xbox console either for that matter as halo is the only console title I am interested in.

This failure of a matchmaking system really puts a layer of stink over an amazing game, which is sad.
i dont know why there has not been ANY kind of comment on this yet
I really like halo 4 but this is killing matchmaking for me. Talk to us 343, PLEASE.
what is this crap, they gotta get on there forums
Rogue Furion;1706244 wrote:
I went out on a limb and bought halo 4 for old times sake and I had high hopes that there would be some regional selection to keep me away from American games.

Well played 343i, you got my money for halo 4. However without the implementation of a system that will allow me to play games with a good connection 100% of the time (you know, like every other modern game out there), you will not be receiving a halo 5/6 purchase or a next-gen xbox console either for that matter as halo is the only console title I am interested in.

This failure of a matchmaking system really puts a layer of stink over an amazing game, which is sad.

Yeeeah, this is making me start planning a ne gamin PC to avoid the trouble completely
I'm so piss-ed off that not a single spokesperson for 343 has said anything about this. honestly fcuking pissed
Such a good game ruined by the thing we hate most. LAG. 343i I have to say, you guys stepped up in regards to continuing on the Halo series, and did a pretty neat job with it. However, you really did drop the ball with Matchmaking by not interpreting a Good Connection Search/ Regional filter option. You'll need to make something happen because you won't get people sticking around purely because of it. WE want YOU (343) to be the saviours of competitive Halo! That will happen much easier if you put the option for a GC search. I guarantee it.
U Fear JJ;1706976 wrote:
I'm so piss-ed off that not a single spokesperson for 343 has said anything about this. honestly fcuking pissed

bsangel has replied twice to questions about this on twitter you already have seen one of her replies. "We automatically do connection searching behind the scenes, but it's not quite optimal yet. Should improve over time." That was from a few days ago.

The latest about it:
"We're continuing to refine how we match players. Hopefully this will improve over time as the system learns your data."

I don't know why they only reply to twitter questions and not their own forums but I'm not a community manager either.

I've already wrote that I feel that 'Good Connection' Should be an option to be turned on and off and I have no idea where they are going with this or how long it will take.
«< Previous1314151617Next >»76 Pages