Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»76 Pages
Me and some friends have just spent the whole morning playing halo 4. it was...AWSOME. nothing but Aussies and NZ players and it was great fun. However now all the Europeans have jumped on. Which is fine. Nothing against that. however either im a total noob and cant find the option OR 343 has not included a 'good connection' search option. If someone can please provide information as to whether this option has or has not been removed Id really appreciate it. I can say for sure though if there isnt this option and its not implemented again soon. A large percentage of Aussies will be returning their halo 4 game because it totally ruins the experience for us always getting the terrible lag associated with playing people from overseas given our slower internet connection. Someone please provide any legit info the have on this matter. Much appreciated!
U Fear JJ;1662625 wrote:
Me and some friends have just spent the whole morning playing halo 4. it was...AWSOME. nothing but Aussies and NZ players and it was great fun. However now all the Europeans have jumped on. Which is fine. Nothing against that. however either im a total noob and cant find the option OR 343 has not included a 'good connection' search option. If someone can please provide information as to whether this option has or has not been removed Id really appreciate it. I can say for sure though if there isnt this option and its not implemented again soon. A large percentage of Aussies will be returning their halo 4 game because it totally ruins the experience for us always getting the terrible lag associated with playing people from overseas given our slower internet connection. Someone please provide any legit info the have on this matter. Much appreciated!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Concord Dawn;1663038 wrote:
U Fear JJ;1662625 wrote:

Is it at all surprising? - You guys only just got broadband, you're not scheduled for fibre until 2025

Tie that kangaroo down, sport.

Maybe so, aside from the fibre thing as there is a nation wide fibre network going in right now so that every person in the country can get a fibre optic connection. One bonus is that we do get the game, and all other big games, before you do. I've had mine since monday afternoon which is still sunday in the US.
captain howdy69;1663279 wrote:
Concord Dawn;1663038 wrote:
U Fear JJ;1662625 wrote:

Is it at all surprising? - You guys only just got broadband, you're not scheduled for fibre until 2025

Tie that kangaroo down, sport.

Maybe so, aside from the fibre thing as there is a nation wide fibre network going in right now so that every person in the country can get a fibre optic connection. One bonus is that we do get the game, and all other big games, before you do. I've had mine since monday afternoon which is still sunday in the US.

Jokes aside, it should theoretically even out once most people have the game
I am also from Australia, and am pretty angry at this being missed out. It not only affects Aussies, but every country in the world, including the USA. When US players gets into one our Aussie games, they get the horrible lag and it frustrates them.
It results in people dropping out of games, abuse being hurled and a terrible game experience all around.

I heard a couple of French guys getting frustrated in one of our Aus games this morning as well, it affects EVERYONE.
343 WTF ARE YOU DOING!
This was the game to get my mates off COD, but this will kill Halo in their eyes. They want to jump into a lag free fun game, and at the moment Halo does not offer this due to the lag issues.
P.S majority of Australia has had broadband since 2000 (Urban areas before that) ;)
Australia just generally has lower connection speeds and limited Internet options. Nothing can be done about it.
This has nothing to do with it.
A 512/128 connection is enough to play Halo, most people in Aus have ADSL2 at 20000. It is more than enough download speed.
Speed has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Light can only travel as fast as light, so when playing a person on another continent there is no way to avoid lag. Even US Drones flying over Pakistan have a lag similiar to what we have on online games as there is no way light can travel faster.
Regional matchmaking is all thats needed, so people who are geographically close, get put together. As long as there is a decent host in the game with a decent upload speed, all is well.
We have been playing COD for years without issue due to regional matchmaking.

And US guys get off your high horse. Your internet is marginally better these days. I have lived in the US for 3 months this year and used many suburban internet connections and they are comparable to built up areas in Australia.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
LH Justin;1664177 wrote:
Australia just generally has lower connection speeds and limited Internet options. Nothing can be done about it.

Guys, if you don't know what you are talking about don't post. The internet doesn't purely work off 'speed' please refer to above post.

Also, when you do get us Aussies in a game, its not laggy because we have bad connections. Its laggy because we are so far apart. When Aussies play Aussies, its perfect. US plays US, perfect. Just because its lagging when you play us, does not mean our connections are bad. Learn the internet noobs.
So ignoring some of the HILARIOUS yanks and others in this thread. Some of you have kinda gone off topic. I have accepted that halo will have lag if your an Aussie like every other game. its been that way since I started playing on halo 3. what made it bearable was the option to hit good connection. yes matchmaking times were alot slower but alot of us are happy to chill on our pcs waiting an extra 1-2 minutes for a game with alot less lag. Im not debating or asking about internet speed . Aus - speed - sucks. Unless your rich which sadly im not. Im just asking in general SHOULD there be a good con option like the other games? to ensure that even if we wait we wont get thrown into totally laggy games where we dont stand a chance. Thats what the whole topic is about. whether halo 4 should have it. I think it should it made the game alot better
U Fear JJ;1665836 wrote:
I have accepted that halo will have lag if your an Aussie like every other game. its been that way since I started playing on halo 3. what made it bearable was the option to hit good connection. yes matchmaking times were alot slower but alot of us are happy to chill on our pcs waiting an extra 1-2 minutes for a game with alot less lag.

You shouldn't be accepting, none of the major MP games on XBOX have lag for Aussies. Gears of War, Fifa, COD and more, all have matchmaking which puts you with people who are geographically close. There is no reason we cant have seamless matchmaking like anywhere else in the world, its just a poor system. I too, am happy to wait a few extra minutes to find a quality game.

Halo 3 had this same problem, Reach fixed it as good as I'd expect to be, and now we are back to where we were 5 years ago.
Don't accept it, get on twitter, forums and make a noise so they fix it.

If you don't believe me, put in MW3, or Gears 3 and notice how much better that matchmaking is. While our internet "download speeds" are not as good as some other places, they are more than sufficent to handle the fairly small amount of bandwidth online gaming requires (unless hosting). This is an issue which was resolved 4-5 years ago by multiplayer games.
Speed doesn't have anything to do with it. Fibre optics or not the latency is not going to be altered it is usually 250-350 against yanks, so when us aussie pull host you will whine about connection and how Yoink! ours is but really it's just because we're hosting, same goes when you guys pull out. 343 needs to implement a local search option.
What!? Are you serious!?

I've only been playing the campaign so far, but if that's true then this game will be DEAD in Australia. Seriously, this is like the number 1 option that determines a multiplayers success outside US. It's gotten to the point that if the game doesn't have the option, or if it is at least automatic, then I don't play it at all.
AUSTRALlAN;1666262 wrote:
Speed doesn't have anything to do with it. Fibre optics or not the latency is not going to be altered it is usually 250-350 against yanks, so when us aussie pull host you will whine about connection and how Yoink! ours is but really it's just because we're hosting, same goes when you guys pull out. 343 needs to implement a local search option.

Ah another person making sense. Thankyou Australian!
you guys are totally right. any idea as to how to make some noise about this? I too was content but now this has really pissed me off. we shouldn't have to put up with being ignored for whatever reasons they have about ignoring our constant years on end match making issues. halo is my favourite fps but if I have to survive another game with poor conection me and a lot of my friends are returning the game 343!! ps no one rip on lack of grammar I'm typing on phone and don't much care on the net lol
x10Angry Smurfs;1666313 wrote:
you guys are totally right. any idea as to how to make some noise about this?

I have been just tweeting at them, trying to get a response as to why it hasn't been included.
@HaloWaypoint
@XboxSupport
@Xbox
@XboxAustralia
@bsangel This is Jessica Shea, part of 343

You are right, it is simply not good enough. This issue has been done to death.
And for the record, I do know that 'XBOX' as such didn't develop the game, but if they are getting enough complaints who knows they may pass it down to 343 and whatnot.
also neo is right. for us it's the biggest gateway to success in matchmaking. 343 need to specifically comment on AUS/NZ match making. tell us what they plan to do to keep their international customers. 343 are new to this so we can excuse it only if they make an effort to care
It never worked, anyway
The matchmaking system will by default, try to match you with other players from your region similar to how it did in Halo: Reach. If you are having trouble finding good connection games, try a playlist with a larger population such as Infinity Slayer.
123Next >»76 Pages