Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»40 Pages
So in one of the IGN walkthoughs the 343i representative said they would be looking on the forums for input. Now is our chance to show them what we think of the XP cap.

There's leaderboards for Halo 4 that will obviously show who's boosting / cheating and who isn't. The people on top that have an unfeasible amount of XP will get banned. Plus there's game histories that will show exactly what happened in a given game. If someone does the same thing over hundreds of times in multiple games and the only intention is earning XP, that's solid proof they're a booster and / or cheater. There will be no qualms banning those people as they will be getting what they deserve.

You can earn up to 1000XP offline daily, so that means dedicated boosters can and will reset their xbox's clock to have another 1000XP to earn. I'm sure they'll make a game that will quickly earn them 1000XP with 10min so they can easily get 10,000+ XP past the daily cap.

Considering all of this, why is there an online XP limit when boosters can still boost offline? Plus the people who boost offline will never get caught because there will be no proof unless they somehow get millions of XP. If there is a means for catching such boosters, why is there even an XP cap?

In addition to all this, the max XP you can earn in wargames is 3,000 without double XP and 6,000 in Spartan Ops. The game not only punishes people with the XP cap, it also punishes those that perform well by restricting how much you can earn. So really there's two XP caps in place.

If you play Spartan Ops for an hour then war games for two hours, you can EASILY reach the XP cap. And that's not even considering the XP rewards. If you complete multiple big XP rewards at the same time, it could very well take less than an hour to reach the XP cap.

Over 2,000 people have agreed there should be NO daily cap and I would say there's many more since people have accidentally picked "yes" instead!!!

Let me rephrase that 343i,

people want NO XP cap!!!!
Link me to where you saw that. And no, I feel like there shouldn't be one. Especially with the double xp a lot of gamers have.
Hell no. If I want to play 16 hours a day, I should get all the EXP I earned! (Not that I would...)
NO XP CAP! Please 343.
There is a cap i've hit it for the past 3 days

im starting out at lvl 1 and currenty lvl 18 atm i think ill cap around 20-25 if i recall on my other tag

please no cap i want to no life -_- :D
There wouldn't be much point for double XP because of it... Let us have no life!!!
suicide wafflez;1644601 wrote:
So in one of the IGN walkthoughs the 343i representative said they would be looking on the forums for input. Now is our chance to show them what we think of the XP cap.

you sir have the greatest user name ever, just thought i would say that.

On Topic: definitely not, i play cram sessions of halo when im not tied up with school/work and i would like them to be used to their fullest
A lot of people have given their hearts to this game.
Myself included.
If we want to play Halo 4 for 48 hours in a 24 hour period, then we should get the XP for it.
Especially for those of us using Double XP codes.

Sadly, I only have two... ):
If they're honestly going to keep it, make it some absurd amount that nobody but boosters would hit.
There should be no xp cap until after the double xp promotions are over. After that I don't really care.
xM ii L kM4N;1644673 wrote:
There wouldn't be much point for double XP because of it... Let us have no life!!!

Not only would there be no point with the Double XP, there isn't a point period. Not with this progression system. CoD never had a cap. Reach had it because Bungie didn't want people to rank up fast and lose interest, but that just backfired and people just stopped playing because it was too hard to rank.
There was initially 22 "no" answers in a row... For the people who answered "yes", post on here why think that there should be a XP cap.
It's probably people that it won't affect. People that don't have as much time as others.
xXx XDOG xXx;1644641 wrote:
Hell no. If I want to play 16 hours a day, I should get all the EXP I earned! (Not that I would...)

Pretty much this. But on the flip side I can see why there is a cap. To prevent people (read; idiots) from playing themselves to death, like some people have in the past on other games.
I took 2 days off from work and have 110 matches of double xp waiting for me when I put the game in. Having a cap renders the entire double xp program useless as well as making that double xp specialization useless.

A game of this magnitude, hype, and legacy behind it should not be hindered by the developer telling us how many hours of fun we can have in a day. I am more than certain that most of us will never reach said cap if it stays in the game but that is not the point.

We should have the freedom to earn as much as we can for as long as we can in a single sitting. 343 do you really want to set a limit as to how much time people can play your awesome awesome game?
It's just like Verizon taking away our unlimited data!
This is another reason why Reach died.
Why limit the expereince for people just because others can not rank up as fast as some this is a huge blow if you ask me.
Daily XP caps would have more of a negative effect on many of us that put many hours into the Halo series. When Reach had the caps I felt that once I hit the cap I have no reason to keep playing multiplayer. It the effect of me knowing yes I will still have fun, but i could be getting XP playing matches. Also the double XP will make it quicker for us to get to the cap which results in less time played. I have +150 Double XP Q.Q
We'll see if 343 really listens to us. This poll is a prime example of how we feel.
123Next >»40 Pages