Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»30 Pages
Last Updated: 03.21.14
Next Playdate: Approx. early May

Classic Map Remakes - Halo 4

- No more tracking down Forge remakes of your favorite Halo maps -

Everybody loves playing Forge remakes of some of their favorite Halo maps, but many don't know where to start when tracking them down. Which one is the most accurate? Which one has the best performance? Which one supports my favorite gametypes? Well, we're going to answer all of those for you. This project of ours, which we started back in Halo: Reach, will be a full list of the top classic Halo maps remade through Forge that we're able to track down from all across the Forging community. Our goal is to collect faithful recreations of every classic Halo map for the community to enjoy and possibly get integrated into matchmaking like w/ Halo: Reach's Team Classic playlist.

Submissions:
If you found/built an awesome classic map remake, then please post a link to it in this thread. Screenshots, ForgeHub threads, and gameplay videos are all welcomed as well. We regularly check sites like ForgeHub, MLG, etc. to catch as many maps as we can, but some will always slip by and we'd hate to see great work go unnoticed. We only ask that you please do not submit any crossovers or spiritual-successors as we're only accepting faithful classic map remakes. We'll be updating this thread regularly as we get more remakes submitted to us.

Playdates:
What would the point be in us doing all of this work if we never played on these maps? All dates and times for custom game lobbies will be posted here. Of course, you don't have to wait for us to host them to play. If you plan on hosting a lobby yourself then let us know and we'll help spread the word.

Spotlights:
1) AstroTurf (Turf) - nillapuddin626
2) Carousel (Derelict) - ANEVILSPAR7AN
Halo: Combat Evolved

Latest Additions:
  • Ice Fields - Slavoj L Zizek
  • DRY-CREEK 1.1 - TextbookStoner
  • Halo 2

Latest Additions:
  • Cruiser - JollyRoger18
  • Safe Haven - DERK 91
  • Sanctuary 2557 - Ahtzee
  • Ascension - CXssCX Darkness
  • Defense - Tim vdB3
  • Groundwork - Vlad356
  • Witch - TextbookStoner
  • Transit - JDHarbs
  • Halo 3

Latest Additions:
  • Construct - GoD Of FoRgE
  • Narrowing 2.0 - DERK 91
  • Re-Constructed - DERK 91
  • H3 MLG Pit - JayMack Sticks
  • Halo: Reach

Latest Additions:
  • UN-Iron-OXide v2 (The Cage) - Kenjamin1 MI
  • Countdown - a Polish Korean
  • Changelog:

You forgot the gametypes segment xD
    Thumb W4rrior;1633971 wrote:

We'll be creating our own classic gametypes instead of taking submissions this time around and they'll be hosted in the OP. We've got lots of info gathered from various tests we've run comparing each game's gameplay so we'll be making our own (un)official classic gametypes for everyone to be sure that they are as accurate as can be. If people disagree with our settings then they can tweak them as they wish, but I don't quite see the need for a list of slightly different variants of the same gametypes.
    JDHarbs19;1634046 wrote:

We'll be creating our own classic gametypes instead of taking submissions this time around and they'll be hosted in the OP. We've got lots of info gathered from various tests we've run comparing each game's gameplay so we'll be making our own (un)official classic gametypes for everyone to be sure that they are as accurate as can be. If people disagree with our settings then they can tweak them as they wish, but I don't quite see the need for a list of slightly different variants of the same gametypes.

What's gonna be the deal with Sprint? Are you just gonna ignore it with regards to movement settings or are you gonna slow down base movement to accomodate?
    Thumb W4rrior;1634115 wrote:
    JDHarbs19;1634046 wrote:

What's gonna be the deal with Sprint? Are you just gonna ignore it with regards to movement settings or are you gonna slow down base movement to accomodate?

There will be no way around sprint until 343i drops a patched gametype that allows us to disable it so until then everyone will just have to play w/ honor rules in regards to sprinting. We will NOT be decreasing base movement to make up for sprint though, I can guarantee that base movement will mirror that of classic Halo titles.
    JDHarbs19;1634197 wrote:
    Thumb W4rrior;1634115 wrote:
    JDHarbs19;1634046 wrote:

There will be no way around sprint until 343i drops a patched gametype that allows us to disable it so until then everyone will just have to play w/ honor rules in regards to sprinting. We will NOT be decreasing base movement to make up for sprint though, I can guarantee that base movement will mirror that of classic Halo titles.

With regards to turning off Sprint, I made a post in the Halo 4 forums regarding what the community'd like to see in the next update and came up with a couple of ideas that would really benefit Classic users. Check it out and show your support!
    LINK: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst127603_What-Do-You-Want-to-See-in-TU1.aspx
    Ill have Halo 4 early by tomorrow morning and will already be making my Classic Throwback settings and pretty much already know what im doing with it thanks to bunny having it early and testing stuff for me.

Also im going to start turning Ragnarok in to Valhalla right away to. So expect both those to be up in my file share on launch day.
    JD you might have your waterworks remake, ill take this one on since you were asking, I noticed that erosion has a perfectly ideal spot in the map for doing this.....but if you know me you know it would have to be done a certain way since it has a limit on the natural side. i gave up on reach becasue it was difficult getting the top and sides while making it look correct. if done correctly i can get it for you in halo 4
    Xsjados;1658323 wrote:
    Ill have Halo 4 early by tomorrow morning and will already be making my Classic Throwback settings and pretty much already know what im doing with it thanks to bunny having it early and testing stuff for me.

Also im going to start turning Ragnarok in to Valhalla right away to. So expect both those to be up in my file share on launch day.

I planned on doing a Valhalla variant of Ragnarok as well so I've been preparing a few overhead maps where I went into Halo 3 forge and marked the locations of all the spawns/objectives/weapons/zones/etc. so I can pop out Valhalla by tomorrow while you get the gametypes going.

lordcrusnik1986;1661112 wrote:
    JD you might have your waterworks remake, ill take this one on since you were asking, I noticed that erosion has a perfectly ideal spot in the map for doing this.....but if you know me you know it would have to be done a certain way since it has a limit on the natural side. i gave up on reach becasue it was difficult getting the top and sides while making it look correct. if done correctly i can get it for you in halo 4

With Halo 4 practically pushing the 360 to it's limits, I'm not so sure doing maps "that way" would be the best thing. I only ask that you at least try a normal variant first. You'd probably be surprised at just how far you can take the map without any "extra help". BTB maps are going to be quite difficult to pull off in Halo 4 compared to Reach so it's okay if it's got inaccuracies. I'm not expecting great remakes of any BTB maps. As long as they resemble the layout of the original and have good performance then they'll end up on the thread here.
    We currently have someone working on a remake of The Pit, and I'm gonna drop that Valhalla remake out tomorrow.

Anyone else working on anything yet?
    I agree its time to get the ball rolling Im already finishing up the Gametypes to the best we have to work with... now its time to get some maps to play them on :D
    Have any of you guys heard of this yet? Just want to make sure all you great forgers out there get a chance to enter your remake maps in this contest.

I myself am not a forger but have been following this thread since Reach and am looking forward to checking out all the cool stuff you guys come up with for H4. Anyway, here's the link to the remake contest:

Forge Hub “Forgotten Treasures III” Forge Remake Contest

Oh, and I thought you guys might appreciate some Halo 4 Lockout footage. Just found this on YouTube:

HALO 4 Lockout Remake Gameplay
    Anyone mind remaking Stand off, Sandtrap, Sandbox, Foundry, or High grounds? These are my personal favorites, and id love to see them return
    Just curious, has anyone uploaded any maps to their file share yet? Can't seem to find any maps at all on the file share.
    I'll be hosting our first gamenight this Friday (tomorrow). We've got Xsjados's classic gametypes to test on in-progress maps like The Pit, and a Valhalla variant of Ragnarok. Everyone is free to join.

K3N0S1S wrote:
    Have any of you guys heard of this yet? Just want to make sure all you great forgers out there get a chance to enter your remake maps in this contest.

I myself am not a forger but have been following this thread since Reach and am looking forward to checking out all the cool stuff you guys come up with for H4. Anyway, here's the link to the remake contest:

Forge Hub “Forgotten Treasures III” Forge Remake Contest

Oh, and I thought you guys might appreciate some Halo 4 Lockout footage. Just found this on YouTube:

HALO 4 Lockout Remake Gameplay

Yeah, we definitely keep an eye out on what is happening on all of the main forging sites (ForgeHub, XForgery, etc.). This contest in particular will definitely help kick off our remakes initiative and you will most likely see many of the maps entered end up on this thread in the near future. We'll just need to playtest them to make sure they're up to par with their originals in terms of accuracy and performance.

That Lockout looks good so far from what I've seen on the video, but if I could walk around in it myself then I could give a better opinion of it. Happen to know where to download it from?

TaunTaun 22 wrote:
    Anyone mind remaking Stand off, Sandtrap, Sandbox, Foundry, or High grounds? These are my personal favorites, and id love to see them return

Most of the BTB maps will be almost impossible to remake until we get a larger forge environment to work with, but I could see Sandbox and Foundry being done without problems. It will just take some time first before anyone gets around to less-popular maps like that.

K3N0S1S wrote:
    Just curious, has anyone uploaded any maps to their file share yet? Can't seem to find any maps at all on the file share.

The game has only been out for a few days and most people are still getting their feet wet with the campaign and multiplayer before they head into Forge so it might take some time before you can really find any maps yet. Otherwise, all of the traffic right now could be causing problems with the servers, but I'm not positive on this one.
    123Next >»30 Pages