Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»262 Pages
Edit with permission from Time Glitch: given Halo 4's age, it's unlikely we'll see major fixes for Customs. Therefore, we should focus our efforts on the next game, and continue the discussion here.

CUSTOM GAMES OPTIONS BROWSER BY DAVIDJCOBB:

A tremendous amount of effort went into the development of this web app that shows a complete list of custom game options, and which of them are missing from Halo 4. It's really something, and it shows you in real-time just how much we're missing from customs in Halo 4.

Please take a moment to check it out and read his thread:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst180701_Custom-Game-Option-Browser.aspx

343 should have a look at this... And frankly feel a little ashamed while doing so.

OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM BS_ANGEL.

It had to get to a boiling point, but finally, finally finally finally, bs_angel responds via twitter:

I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/289227234785501184
https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/289227336149245952

Quote:
We absolutely know that (we read the thread regularly). We are investigating various options behind the scenes, but we are not at a point where we have anything we can share. Many, many apologies for that.

This is hardly new information, but it's an acknowledgement. It's something.

I don't regret anything I've said, and I think that it had to get to a boiling point before we saw anything from 343 on the matter.

But, there you have it. From the horse's mouth.

She has also responded in this very thread:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2153033_Custom-game-options-are-unacceptable--343.aspx#post2153033

THANK IT. Let them know we appreciate the response!

We need to have a talk, 343. You and the customs community. We need to sit down and have a real man-to-man on this one. Because what you've been up to with customs and Halo 4? It needs to stop. We need to nip this in the bud before it gets any worse.

It's our turn to talk, because we haven't gotten our say in yet. Listen. Listen very carefully. Here is what you have done with Halo 4:

- Removed Assault, Juggernaut, and Race.
- Failed to bring back VIP.
- Removed the ability to change Infected weapons and appearance in Flood.
- Cannot disable sprint.
- Cannot disable your new flag settings.
- Removed the Custom Powerup.
- (Big one here!) NO WAYPOINT SUPPORT FOR FILE SHARE ITEMS.

And that's just what I can remember off of the top of my head. I'm sure I'll add more as time goes on, but this needs to be said now: The changes you have made are leading us down a path where custom games are even more restricted than they were in Halo Reach. This is a problem. This is not something to ignore.

These decisions need to be reversed and rectified as soon as possible. These decisions, and decisions like them, are adversely effecting our ability to customize and create new content for Halo 4. And it's not just affecting us. The entire MLG community is absolutely dumbfounded that they cannot revert the flag settings to a more competitive state. These decisions are actively hurting one of the biggest, if not the biggest, Halo community out there. We need more options and gametypes, not less.

The best example is Race. You have literally killed an entire community of players by not including any options for a Race gametype. We don't even have VIP! Do you understand that entire communities are now left without any options because of this decision? Do you know how many players are now missing a huge chunk of their Halo experience?

Here is where you really need to tune in, 343. Custom gamers exist. We are a BIG community that, at one time, were thriving in happy in the Halo series. Ever since the end of Halo 3, we have been shoved aside and ignored. We thought you were different, but so far all we've seen is a further reduction in our ability to enjoy Halo in our own way.

You need to acknowledge us. You need to talk to us. You need to engage us in a meaningful way, because we are tired of being ignored. The outrage over the lack of options is finally making its way to this forum, and it is justified. This is the breaking point. You have kicked the hornet's nest, and the swarm is waking up.

Turn this around. Make this right. Acknowledge us.

And help us help you make your game better for everyone.

Thank you.

Patch List.

Quote:

Edit:

From the creator of BattleTracks, and pretty much the father of the Racing community:

x DREAM 76 x;1716611 wrote:
I really feel like crying and this decision that 343 made really divided the custom games community and will ultimately destroy the longevity of Halo 4.

Some edits had to be removed due to character limits.
Agreed, Time Glitch! Custom Games is a big part of Halo, yet I feel 343i has shoved it aside. The worst part is that they have refused to talk about Custom Games and their options in the past few weeks. No VIP is one thing (that I am disappointed about... again) but, no real options for Flood to have something like infection so that we can create gametypes like Fat Kid, Omega Journey and Cops and Robbers? No options for CTF to make it closer to the classic experience people loved? No Assault? No Race?

This is basic stuff and I thought we would at the least have the amount of options that we had in Halo 3 with whatever good options were added in Reach, but sadly it looks like we don't. I was looking forward to playing Custom Games in Halo 4, but sadly, they have restricted it further and further.

*sigh*
I guess we're just going to have to deal with the fact that custom games are no longer customizable. :(
It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now...
Have you noticed all of those things are classic elements of previous Halo games? It seems like 343 is trying to force the new way upon all of us when this is already an established community and not a new franchise. You dont change 10+year traditions and then not have an option to revert it, you would not get away with that in any other franchise so why should Halo players have to accept it?
TTRESS;1627425 wrote:
Have you noticed all of those things are classic elements of previous Halo games? It seems like 343 is trying to force the new way upon all of us when this is already an established community and not a new franchise. You dont change 10+year traditions and then not have an option to revert it, you would not get away with that in any other franchise so why should Halo players have to accept it?

Because (from what I've observed) a lot of people on this site are willing to completely throw out the old for the new, even if it's stuff that worked well. And if you ask for options... you'll get flamed for not submitting to 343i's word. You either agree completely and fall in line or you don't. There's no in-between. It's pretty absolutist here.

But again, that's my personal opinion.
"Custom games are now fully customizable". I can't be the only one who heard this a thousand times back in the REAL waiting days of Halo 4. Did they lie to us?
TTRESS;1627425 wrote:
Have you noticed all of those things are classic elements of previous Halo games? It seems like 343 is trying to force the new way upon all of us when this is already an established community and not a new franchise. You don't change 10+year traditions and then not have an option to revert it, you would not get away with that in any other franchise so why should Halo players have to accept it?

In all honesty, no one is forcing you to accept anything. You are your own person. While I agree with the gripe, to a point, I firmly believe at some point these elements may be added at a later date. Unfortunately, patience is needed.
JU5TINCREDIBLE;1627462 wrote:
TTRESS;1627425 wrote:
Have you noticed all of those things are classic elements of previous Halo games? It seems like 343 is trying to force the new way upon all of us when this is already an established community and not a new franchise. You don't change 10+year traditions and then not have an option to revert it, you would not get away with that in any other franchise so why should Halo players have to accept it?

In all honesty, no one is forcing you to accept anything. You are your own person. While I agree with the gripe, to a point, I firmly believe at some point these elements may be added at a later date. Unfortunately, patience is needed.

But that's the thing. Why do we have to wait for custom game options that we had in the past Halo titles? Options that may or may not come? It makes no sense! Options these basic should be available at launch! There's no good justifiable reason to restrict Custom Games this much.
uhhh what? i could swear 343i said they were making halo 4 more customizable then before..
We really need to stop being "OKAY" with what they are changing. They have the power to change things the way we want them, bungie did it many times. We should not settle for crap like this.

Lets keep this thread alive as a beacon for 343i to listen tio us.

We want to be heard.
The Haunted Gun;1627491 wrote:
uhhh what? i could swear 343i said they were making halo 4 more customizable then before..

They were just talking about your dumb spartan colors and armor, thats it.
GreenDragon37;1627480 wrote:
TTRESS;1627425 wrote:

But that's the thing. Why do we have to wait for custom game options that we had in the past Halo titles? Options that may or may not come? It makes no sense! Options these basic should be available at launch! There's no good justifiable reason to restrict custom games this much.

What you and me may think isn't justifiable, may be deemed justifiable to 343. I'm sure they have their reasons whether we would agree with them or not. Look on the bright side, at least there is a chance they can be implemented later, rather than never at all.
o The Snazzer o;1627503 wrote:

so what they ment by more really means less?
Time Glitch;1627346 wrote:
We need to have a talk, 343. You and the customs community. We need to sit down and have a real man-to-man on this one. Because what you've been up to with customs and Halo 4? It needs to stop. We need to nip this in the bud before it gets any worse.

It's our turn to talk, because we haven't gotten our say in yet. Listen. Listen very carefully. Here is what you have done with Halo 4:

- Removed Assault, Juggernaut, and Race.
- Failed to bring back VIP.
- Removed the ability to change Infected weapons and appearance in Flood.
- Cannot disable sprint.
- Cannot disable your new flag settings.
- classic CTF settings is absent
- No Falcon or hornet or any unsc flying vehicle

And that's just what I ]can remember off of the top of my head. I'm sure I'll add more as time goes on, but this needs to be said now: The changes you have made are leading us down a path where custom games are even more restricted than they were in Halo Reach. This is a problem. This is not something to ignore.

These decisions need to be reversed and rectified as soon as possible. These decisions, and decisions like them, are adversely effecting our ability to customize and create new content for Halo 4. We need more options and gametypes, not less.

Here is where you really need to tune in, 343. Custom gamers exist. We are a BIG community that, at one time, were thriving in happy in the Halo series. Ever since the end of Halo 3, we have been shoved aside and ignored. We thought you were different, but so far all we've seen is a further reduction in our ability to enjoy Halo in our own way.

You need to acknowledge us. You need to talk to us. You need to engage us in a meaningful way, because we are tired of being ignored. The outrage over the lack of options is finally making its way to this forum, and it is justified. This is the breaking point. You have kicked the hornet's nest, and the swarm is waking up.

Turn this around. Make this right. Acknowledge us.

And help us help you make your game better for everyone.

Thank you.

Fixed
There should be a custom game finder. How am I supossed to join custom games when I can't find them?
That's what they want you to think.
-You can't play Assault, Territories, VIP, Juggernaut, Headhunter, Stockpile, or Race.
-You can't drop the flag no matter what, even in custom options.
-You can't disable the Flagnum
-You can't disable auto pickup in Oddball
-You can't disable Sprint
-There is no Custom Powerup
-Powerups cannot be spawned without using world ordinance
-Removed multiple vehicles
-Et cetera
Out to lunch.
| We're not rejects; We get Rejections | The real #1 Doodle fanboy! |
The Haunted Gun;1627509 wrote:
o The Snazzer o;1627503 wrote:

so what they ment by more really means less?

Thats exactly right. Don't be surprised, we only got 9 playlist at launch when we should be getting about 15, More is less in halo 4.
TTRESS;1627425 wrote:

That is what they said about Reach be patient.... then it took almost a year for any significant response and by then alot of people who loved the Halo trilogy style of play were already gone or disinterested.

Thats great that you want to focus on new players...but Halo is an older franchise with plenty of veteran fans that should be catered to as well. Dont think those hardcore Halo fans are happy about irreversible changes to the game-types they have played for years.
sounds like halo 4 is gonna be reach 2.0... its so sad that they put so much money and so many hours into working on this halo. Why put so much time into the game if your just gonna gut it.

The halo community has been built already and we should add to and build on what works. Not change it because you "want to head in a new direction" 343 has promised us things that they have not given us. If they do not fix this soon then the community is bound to dissolve and never be what it once was.
TTRESS;1627543 wrote:
TTRESS;1627425 wrote:

That is what they said about Reach be patient.... then it took almost a year for any significant response and by then alot of people who loved the Halo trilogy style of play were already gone or disinterested.

Thats great that you want to focus on new players...but Halo is an older franchise with plenty of veteran fans that should be catered to as well. Dont think those hardcore H2+H3 are happy about irreversible changes to the game-types they have played for years.

Believe me I get it, as I too have been at this since the beginning. But sometimes it's better to look at things objectively, whether you agree with them or not. The hardcore vets to which you are referring to will find a way to enjoy the game, like it or not.

Sometimes looking at this game objectively isn't a bad thing. People should really try and do it some time.
123Next >»262 Pages