Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»5 Pages
Give us more variety in the control schemes so we can all have a control scheme to fit each of our likings.

Everybody who has really payed any attention to the controls knows how much people have been pushing for this EXACT control scheme, it's different enough from the others to validate adding it to the game, what bad can adding this do? I along with MANY, MANY others want this:

Here it is, in picture form. Thanks guys.

Classic

LB: Armor Ability
RB: Sprint (Either way will work, LB for Sprint to be more like Reach, or like this)
X: Action/Reload
B: Melee
A: Jump
Y: Switch Weapons
D-Pad: Switch Grenade Type
RT: Shoot
LT: Grenade
RS: Aim/Zoom (Like normal)
LS: Move/Crouch (Again, like normal)

It's perfect if you used the Defaults in Halo 1, 2, (I think Recon in Halo 3) and Recon in Halo Reach. It fills this very apparent gap in the layouts given to us as of now, a true classic Halo control scheme that works well.

It requires no tweaking of any other layouts, all you have to do is throw this one in there, and nearly every type of player will be satisfied:

Halo 3 guys have Recon, BJ users have their new-and-improved Bumper Jumper, Fishstick is for those other FPS guys, Default is for newcomers, Green Thumb/Boxer are for those minorities who like that stuff. And Classic, for all the people used to the originals, and it would feel great to have it in the game, and pick up the controller and be comfortable with the game the second I pick it up..
I like it. But I still perfer melee to be on the bumpers but I don't use bumper jumper.
Should be default
Yeah, this would be ideal, but it's far too late to implement it now. :(
It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now...
LotsaJam;1345977 wrote:
Should be default

Want.
This is EXACTLY what I want. Though I'd like LB Sprint, RB AA, since I used almost exclusively sprint in Reach.

Seriously 343 guys, this is the perfect layout for players who've played every game on Default/(Recon on Reach)
So, this?

Link

Picture submitted by SUB JANI.
Lehnaru;1345997 wrote:

Implementing a one new control scheme into Halo 4 would take one of their many developers 10-15 minutes. I wouldn't say it's too late.
In my opinion, Reach's default scheme is the best of them all. Melee on Right Bumper is great for combat. However, we lived with the classic Halo 2 controls, so how could they not work well in Halo 4.

2 Added Buttons that are much more convenient to use than the Black and White buttons.

And 2 added features that are much more central to the way the game is played Sprint and Armor Abilities. It just makes sense in my opinion. :l
Come on guys, we need to keep this popular so it has a chance at being seen.
SOME BEEF;1346244 wrote:
Come on guys, we need to keep this popular so it has a chance at being seen.

There are other topics about it as well. However more means a higher chance of being seen I guess.
Yeah, I feel like a jerk, but we're going to need to keep spamming these types of topics if we want to be seen.

And if we want it to happen, we're going to need to keep it up for a while.
We should be allowed custom button mapping, and if not we should have a few more button control layouts like the ones mentioned above. I want my controls to feel fluid and somewhat classic, but not clunky like crouch not on the movement stick. So in short I would like the one in this topic or Boxer with the melee and grenade swapped.
PREDSKULL;1346491 wrote:
We should be allowed custom button mapping,

Yes, I think every console game should, while only PC seems to have that. (And Star Wars Battlefront)

And as a long time Halo player, B will always be melee. Which is a real shame as only Recon has that, and X for sprint is absolutely horrible. How are you supposed to run without your thumb on the left stick?

But I also believe reload/action is better on RB. It makes reloading faster but also allows you to run up to a weapon or vehicle holding RB without taking your hands of the sticks. From what I have seen most of the AAs are toggle, so I don't understand why they HAVE to have a shoulder button.
This control scheme should be default. The current default scheme is the worst control scheme ever added to Halo, there shouldn't be a single scheme where the left stick isn't crouch. I want a non-awful scheme as the default scheme in Halo 4, unlike Reach.

I'm so tired of having to switch the scheme to Recon every freaking time I play Reach on someone else's console, or whenever I have a guest they have to switch it, when Recon should have been the default control scheme all along, instead of Reach's awful default.
Reloading is one button press, AA's have to be used at precise moments and often held, Sprint is more important than reloading in terms of playing the game, because it requires you to have to aim while moving, taking your finger off of the stick for even half a second can get annoying because you'll probably have to Sprint more than Reloading is important, but not Shoulder Button Worthy.

Classic would keep the controls the same as Halo 1, 2, (and the newer games, Recon) with just having LB and RB have the tactic and maneuvering altering features in those, it makes sense.

Also, Classic is supposed to be a throwback to Halo 1 and 2, while also integrating the new additions, Sprint and AA's. RB for Melee was by far more useful than RB for Reloading, but I can live with them going back to B and X respectively.
I wish for a Halo Reach style layout. It was easier for me to use. Just put sprint where the armor ability used to be and put the AA on a d-pad button. It would be perfect. Sadly, no custom control layout............
LEGEND ST;1346012 wrote:
Lehnaru;1345997 wrote:

Implementing a one new control scheme into Halo 4 would take one of their many developers 10-15 minutes. I wouldn't say it's too late.

Good point!
It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now...
123Next >»5 Pages