Notification

Icon
Error

Assassinations should be in First Person. Always!
NOTE:**2nd Person Option should represent 3rd person. not 2nd*
Suggestion:Make assassinations a bit quicker than HALO-Reach.
Reason:When your on a Killing-Spree, you want to keep that momentum of being awesome to flow just right for the next 2 possible kills.
If you really want to be like that, you're better off just giving them a wack to the head and moving on.

The whole point of an assassination is a -Yoink- you! complete with badass scripted animation.

Why else would anyone bother performing them?
Reply theater that's why. Save, then watch when you want to see your awesomeness over and over again. Please Select a choice from the Poll.
3rd person is not an option listed. 2nd person perspective would be through the eyes of your target, not what Reach uses.

Furthermore, why would a animator even bother developing animations that can only be fully viewed in third person mode when the mechanic takes a first person view? I mean come on we don't even have completely 3rd person fluid weapon switching to save up disk space, taking away from that animation devalues the mechanic.
xXxS0RAxXx;949289 wrote:
3rd person is not an option listed. 2nd person perspective would be through the eyes of your target, not what Reach uses.

Added a NOTE in yellow. Please Read it. Thanks for catching that
the only first peroson assassinations I know in a shooter are from BF3, and that perfrms well.Won't break your immersion,and fast too.I say add 1st person if there are 1st person vehi views, that way, you're a;ways in first -person no matter what you do.
I think if assassinations are included in the game the they should be tied to actual gameplay better. I.E A fast assassination must be preformed by holding down the punch button in order to preform a 1 hit kill, if you dont hold it down even from behind it will be a normal 2 hit to kill.
The only time I ever assassinate people is by accident when the game thinks I held the button down instead of just tapping the button, as I always just tap the button.

edit: Just looked, and only 34% of my ninjas have been assassinations in MM. Stupid accidental assassinations that I never wanted to do.
Thomassaurus;949315 wrote:
I think if assassinations are included in the game the they should be tied to actual gameplay better. I.E A fast assassination must be preformed by holding down the punch button in order to preform a 1 hit kill, if you dont hold it down even from behind it will be a normal 2 hit to kill.

No way.

It made us remember the original trilogy of Halo assassinating. And, it also requires "skill" to pull off. The better players will always backsmack over assassinate. In fact, some players mod their controllers just for that.
It would be great ! :)
Keep it third.
1st person is boring like on battlefield, in third person you get to see the whole animation of the assassination from any angle.

Also, in first person, how is the player being assassinated supposed to know what the heck is going on when.
Jl1223 X;949326 wrote:
Thomassaurus;949315 wrote:

No way.

It made us remember the original trilogy of Halo assassinating. And, it also requires "skill" to pull off. The better players will always backsmack over assassinate. In fact, some players mod their controllers just for that.

They shouldn't build in a game mechanic that hinders your gameplay, as much as I like assassinations; they don't add anything to the game as they are in reach.
Whoever wanted 1st person most likely wanted to see closer at the knife going into the person
I think assassinations are fine as they are. You can quickly tap the B button if you don't have time or don't want to risk being killed mid-animated or you can hold it down and risk getting killed for an awesome animation, but at the same time you can view events around you. I find it to be a fair risk vs reward as it is, and I don't imagine assassinations would look good in first person.
Keep it third person. First works well in BF3, but third works better for Halo & adds potential for more variety.

~ Duck.
BananaKing0216;949446 wrote:
Whoever wanted 1st person most likely wanted to see closer at the knife going into the person

I noticed some clips of Halo 4 where Master Chief is ripping a sealed door open with bare hands and basic movement all from the view of his visor. 343 Did say they wanted to show off John 117's POWER with his new firmware update to his suite. Why not implement it in assassinations giving the user the feeling of being HIM in multiplayer?!!

If it works well in cut-scenes why not in live action.
Commando484z;949311 wrote:
the only first peroson assassinations I know in a shooter are from BF3, and that perfrms well.Won't break your immersion,and fast too.I say add 1st person if there are 1st person vehi views, that way, you're a;ways in first -person no matter what you do.

"Yeah, but 100% first person isn't what Halo is about. Ever since the first Halo, Vehicles mounted guns, and turrets have been in third person.
I personally believe it should stay like that.

For thought who want a quick kill so they can quickly move to their next target can still can use the first person beat down...but for those who want to rub a kill in someones face they can assassinate the guy and make them watch themselves die in third person.
What would 2nd person even look like!? XD
It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now...
Lehnaru;950292 wrote:
What would 2nd person even look like!? XD

Through the eyes of the assassinated person.

By the way MW2/3 and Black OPs all have these assassinations during the campaign which are all pretty darn sweet.