Notification

Icon
Error

< Previous123Next >3 Pages
Cortana and Chief are going to stumble across more Forerunner tech right as Cortana is reaching the final stage of rampancy, bada bing bada boom, EDI style body suit for cortana. Her and the chief bump cyber nasties, gg. You heard it here first, folks.
It is possible to recover from rampancy and one AI has already done so in the halo story.
Navbuscus;887153 wrote:
It is possible to recover from rampancy and one AI has already done so in the halo story.

Who?
Bashful Brute;887167 wrote:
Navbuscus;887153 wrote:

Who?

I think he might be referring to Mendicant Bias.
javierbmr01;887174 wrote:
Bashful Brute;887167 wrote:
Navbuscus;887153 wrote:

Who?

I think he might be referring to Mendicant Bias.

Yep
Navbuscus;887153 wrote:

I really doubt they're going to toss Cortana out in Halo 4. I'm quite confident she'll be a prominent figure in all installments of the new trilogy. She's iconic to Halo.

PoliteASSASIN;887209 wrote:
Navbuscus;887153 wrote:

I really doubt they're going to toss Cortana out in Halo 4. I'm quite confident she'll be a prominent figure in all installments of the new trilogy. She's iconic to Halo.

I hope so. I just can't imagine the rest of the Reclaimer Trilogy without Cortana.
Cortana>EDI

there I said it
Did Frank... lose a tooth? His accent seems to be less pronounced, now, too.

Oh god, is Frank an AI in rampancy?
javierbmr01;887218 wrote:
PoliteASSASIN;887209 wrote:
Navbuscus;887153 wrote:

I hope so. I just can't imagine the rest of the Reclaimer Trilogy without Cortana.

Which is why I believe they'll keep her in there. Frankie hinted that they would try to accept or prevent her eventual demise, but given the fact that it's going to be a new setting for the franchise, they would probably want to keep some things from the original trilogy to keep it a bit familiar. Having Cortana give updates and input on missions is something a lot of players are used to. So here's hoping they keep her in, because as you said I can't imagine playing the rest of the trilogy with only the Chief. It'd be like having Mass Effect without Joker.
DropzOfCrimzon;887225 wrote:
Cortana>EDI

there I said it

Well duh... I'd trade twenty EDI's for one Cortana.
Maybe another AI replaces Cortana and John gets depressed due to the fact that it just isn't the same and he commits suicide at the end of Halo 6 whilst humanity gets wiped out by the Precursors/Flood/Forerunners/etc for good.

Now that's a good way to humanize John.
Vespervin;887247 wrote:
DropzOfCrimzon;887225 wrote:
Cortana>EDI

there I said it

Well duh... I'd trade twenty EDI's for one Cortana.

I'd cheat on Liara with her......totally
CLOTHIER;887248 wrote:
Maybe another AI replaces Cortana and John gets depressed due to the fact that it just isn't the same and he commits suicide at the end of Halo 6 whilst humanity gets wiped out by the Precursors/Flood/Forerunners/etc for good.

Now that's a good way to humanize John.

Maybe they can do it like Star Wars: The Clone Wars done it. R2D2 was MIA and Anakin got a replacement astromech droid that was actually working for the enemy. At the end of the episode, R2D2 and evil-droid had a showdown. Maybe the same thing could happen in Halo 4.

I'm only joking, of course.
Frankie says it as it is. I can't wait to see Cortana in action, if they decide to release some footage from the game in the next couple of mouths. And I'm looking forward to her being more of an active character in the game, and not just because she is a "beautiful naked lady" lol
javierbmr01;887030 wrote:
SON OF JUREL;887010 wrote:
I'm glad 343 are sticking within the Halo canon, but I really don't want Cortana to die. She is as important to Halo as the Chief is and the games wouldn't be the same without her.

I'm with you there. The possibility of seeing her demise in the game is just to hard to swallow. It makes me think how the rest of the "Reclaimer Trilogy" will unfold with Cortana not around.

i think they might pull off a canon reason as to why she could live. Maybe somehow transfer her intelligence into another A.I. were she has the Hologram image of the new A.I. but the intelligence and thought process of herself
Yamaha412;887382 wrote:
javierbmr01;887030 wrote:

I'm with you there. The possibility of seeing her demise in the game is just to hard to swallow. It makes me think how the rest of the "Reclaimer Trilogy" will unfold with Cortana not around.

i think they might pull off a canon reason as to why she could live. Maybe somehow transfer her intelligence into another A.I. were she has the Hologram image of the new A.I. but the intelligence and thought process of herself

Actually, it doesn't work like that. All A.I's have the ability to choose their own holographic projection that in a way fits their function.

Cortana was created from Dr. Halsey's brain and portraits some of her personality. So even if she changed her holographic projection, she still has the intelligences she has gathered from the Halo's, the Covenant, and the Flood.
i hope that she's a lot more like she was in the books...i loved learning about her action sequences in first strike...she was a total bad -Yoink!-
as I said before

I'd cheat on Liara for her
< Previous123Next >3 Pages