Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
This is a crazy theory, but here me out. In this concept art for Halo 4 http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/04/23/the-world-of-halo-4.aspx (look at 6th art piece on the article), the artifact is clearly Forerunner in origin. Could this possibly be a Cryptum that the Didact could be in? Maybe he put himself in one after he fired the Halo Array. Maybe the UNSC needs the Guilty Spark duplicate on how to open the Cryptum. Maybe they need him to help them. This is just my theory on what that artifact could be, what do you think?
Busted link. But if you are talking about the concept art where they have some Forerunner artifact inside a ship, I would say it is one of the War Sphinxes.
I agree with the OP's theory. Would provide the basis for the plotline of Spartan Ops and establish ties between the events of Halo 4 with Halo: Primordium. And, it looks like a Cryptum to me.
Yes, BUT, assuming this is a Cryptum, who says it lies within the Infinity? Hmm?
FA W4R M4CHIN3;870544 wrote:
Yes, BUT, assuming this is a Cryptum, who says it lies within the Infinity? Hmm?

That's true, it could be on something completely different. I'm just speculating it's on the Infinity since the surroundings were mainly UNSC and it's like the technological platform for the fleet that would be the most apt equipped to deal with such an advanced machine.

Wait, are you saying that the UNSC stuff was built around the artifact? Cause then yeah, it probably would not be the Infinity. I'm guessing they hauled it up to the Infinity.
haha you beat me to it OP. Didnt they say in the article that it was indeed aboard the infinity? I know Frankie definately said it relates to multiplayer... And i believe the Infinity was indeed built around forerunner technology, the first of its kind.

Also we know that ONI suddenly have a significant interest in the Didact for some unknown reason, so this would make sense if it is a cryptum containing him...

how that ties into MP i do not know
It's not a cyrptum. From the book, Cryptums are huge, almost like Temples. The thing in the concept art looks like a ship or Forerunner cryo-pod.

I hope its just some artifact that will play a big role.
Toa Freak;870670 wrote:
It's not a cyrptum. From the book, Cryptums are huge, almost like Temples. The thing in the concept art looks like a ship or Forerunner cryo-pod.

I like my Cryptum idea... but your probably right. However, the technology did improve since the original Didact had one and til the end of the 2nd Didact's lifetime, so it could be just smaller...
how bout a precursor sarcophagus?

has no one said that yet?

cmon, precursors were gigantic, and that would be a perfect size to hold one. wouldn't that be...interesting...if they unknowingly were holding one of the last remaining precursors locked in cryo?
Spectre Jaguar;870678 wrote:
Toa Freak;870670 wrote:

I like my Cryptum idea... but your probably right. However, the technology did improve since the original Didact had one and til the end of the 2nd Didact's lifetime, so it could be just smaller...

I'm just hoping its not a Cryptum or cryo-pod or anything that could contain a living Forerunner, much less the Didact.
Toa Freak;870684 wrote:
Spectre Jaguar;870678 wrote:
Toa Freak;870670 wrote:

I'm just hoping its not a Cryptum or cryo-pod or anything that could contain a living Forerunner, much less the Didact.

not only that, but if there are multiple arks...who is to say that the Didact or other living forerunners wouldn't be on there? or even on requiem, since it was designed to withstand the impact of the rings...

...i like my idea of an encased precursor...

Actually, now that I have re-read the caption beneath the picture in the article, it do believe it is aboard the Infinity. If you look carefully, you can see some distinctive elements that tell you the environment is man-made in nature, and the caption says it ties in with multiplayer, which everyone now knows means something to do with the Infinity. As to what it is? Not a clue.
pApA SmerFO1;870682 wrote:

cmon, precursors were gigantic, and that would be a perfect size to hold one. wouldn't that be...interesting...if they unknowingly were holding one of the last remaining precursors locked in cryo?

I was thinking of the same thing.
BlueFlash;870695 wrote:

I was thinking of the same thing.

heh, me and a few other members had an interesting discussion on how mendicant bias might just not be totally done yet last night...it was interesting...

but yeah, reading up on precursors...it really seems as though that would explain the size of it. also, there are few UNSC that even know the precursors existed, so the idea that a cryo-prison encasing one of the last precursors being mistaken for a simple (large) artifact is entirely possible.

with that idea, my how halo 4 gets interesting.

EDIT: also, the way it is designed, look at how it would fit the physique of what we think are precursors. wide at the top, draping down to a much thinner bottom. you could definitely put a body in there.
NZ Thanatos;870659 wrote:
haha you beat me to it OP. Didnt they say in the article that it was indeed aboard the infinity? I know Frankie definately said it relates to multiplayer... And i believe the Infinity was indeed built around forerunner technology, the first of its kind.

Also we know that ONI suddenly have a significant interest in the Didact for some unknown reason, so this would make sense if it is a cryptum containing him...

Where was that mentioned? Id like to read more about it.
SquattingTurtle;870705 wrote:

i think it was in primordium.

an ONI team recovers Guilty Spark and interrogates him. he takes control of their ship and...well i dont remember. i think it was left for interpretation...

either bringing them to the forerunners or something else...

Yea, but it has the Forerunner art style.
pApA SmerFO1;870708 wrote:

an ONI team recovers Guilty Spark and interrogates him. he takes control of their ship and...well i dont remember. i think it was left for interpretation...

Oh yah! i think that was in the beggining of the book! (I havnet finished reading it yet... end of the semester, plus i'm confused)
Im pretty set on the idea that the big forerunner artifact is holding a precursor, the size is right for one.
SquattingTurtle;870725 wrote:
pApA SmerFO1;870708 wrote:

Oh yah! i think that was in the beggining of the book! (I havnet finished reading it yet... end of the semester, plus i'm confused)

haha i wont spoil anything for you then, but yeah throughout the book it has more of the interrogation scenes, involving asking lots of questions about the didact
12Next >2 Pages