Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
Halo itself is a fun game BUT sometimes you just wanna take a break from playing against people online and just destroy some BOTS instead! imagine always being able to have a full game of 16 players some human, some BOTS and being able to change the difficulty of the bots to test your limits. Now I for one think this would be a great addition to the Halo games, We somewhat saw this with the addition of Firefight into the games but Firefight got boring after sitting through a few waves of enemies. Its a good Idea just not as much fun as you would expect BUT if all the BOTS were to be Spartans with Battle Rifles playing a game of CTF against you now that would be fun! would also make for some decent training games for people who aren't so good at Halo.
Imagine you and a few of your friends going up against 10 Spartans on Legendary difficulty now would be a nice challenge! or playing a game of OddBall against BOTS sounds pretty fun to me. So lets take a vote and see if we cant get 343 to add custom games with BOTS into the mix.

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO GO TO THE POLLING BOOTH WHERE THE VOTE IS TAKING PLACE.


http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst63932_halo-4--With-Bots.aspx
iBATTLE PHALANX;652911 wrote:
Halo itself is a fun game BUT sometimes you just wanna take a break from playing against people online and just destroy some BOTS instead! imagine always being able to have a full game of 16 players some human, some BOTS and being able to change the difficulty of the bots to test your limits. Now I for one think this would be a great addition to the Halo games, We somewhat saw this with the addition of Firefight into the games but Firefight got boring after sitting through a few waves of enemies. Its a good Idea just not as much fun as you would expect BUT if all the BOTS were to be Spartans with Battle Rifles playing a game of CTF against you now that would be fun! would also make for some decent training games for people who aren't so good at Halo.
Imagine you and a few of your friends going up against 10 Spartans on Legendary difficulty now would be a nice challenge! or playing a game of OddBall against BOTS sounds pretty fun to me. So lets take a vote and see if we cant get 343 to add custom games with BOTS into the mix.


I agree and have wanted this since I first heard of Halo 4.

Not only for the reasons you stated above, but also for the implementation within Firefight friendly AI.
ilexia;652943 wrote:
iBATTLE PHALANX;652911 wrote:
Halo itself is a fun game BUT sometimes you just wanna take a break from playing against people online and just destroy some BOTS instead! imagine always being able to have a full game of 16 players some human, some BOTS and being able to change the difficulty of the bots to test your limits. Now I for one think this would be a great addition to the Halo games, We somewhat saw this with the addition of Firefight into the games but Firefight got boring after sitting through a few waves of enemies. Its a good Idea just not as much fun as you would expect BUT if all the BOTS were to be Spartans with Battle Rifles playing a game of CTF against you now that would be fun! would also make for some decent training games for people who aren't so good at Halo.
Imagine you and a few of your friends going up against 10 Spartans on Legendary difficulty now would be a nice challenge! or playing a game of OddBall against BOTS sounds pretty fun to me. So lets take a vote and see if we cant get 343 to add custom games with BOTS into the mix.


I agree and have wanted this since I first heard of Halo 4.

Not only for the reasons you stated above, but also for the implementation within Firefight friendly AI.




Yea why not have as many things as possible in the game? it will only make the game more fun for everyone and give us more options besides just matchmaking and custom games.
iBATTLE PHALANX;653054 wrote:
ilexia;652943 wrote:
iBATTLE PHALANX;652911 wrote:
Halo itself is a fun game BUT sometimes you just wanna take a break from playing against people online and just destroy some BOTS instead! imagine always being able to have a full game of 16 players some human, some BOTS and being able to change the difficulty of the bots to test your limits. Now I for one think this would be a great addition to the Halo games, We somewhat saw this with the addition of Firefight into the games but Firefight got boring after sitting through a few waves of enemies. Its a good Idea just not as much fun as you would expect BUT if all the BOTS were to be Spartans with Battle Rifles playing a game of CTF against you now that would be fun! would also make for some decent training games for people who aren't so good at Halo.
Imagine you and a few of your friends going up against 10 Spartans on Legendary difficulty now would be a nice challenge! or playing a game of OddBall against BOTS sounds pretty fun to me. So lets take a vote and see if we cant get 343 to add custom games with BOTS into the mix.


I agree and have wanted this since I first heard of Halo 4.

Not only for the reasons you stated above, but also for the implementation within Firefight friendly AI.




Yea why not have as many things as possible in the game? it will only make the game more fun for everyone and give us more options besides just matchmaking and custom games.


Well, I don't want them to throw half developed concepts into the game. We want quality not quantity, essentially both.

A lot of games these days seem to have this bot or AI vs modes. I'm not familiar with the function and physics of bots but i'm sure if they effectively produce a decent Matchmaking simulation with bots, much like (don't hate) Gears' online bot replacements, I'm pretty confident they can use the same formula in other modes. e.g. Firefight
Been wishing for a bots feature in every release of Halo, never happened yet, sure hope 343 will do it.
ilexia;653078 wrote:
iBATTLE PHALANX;653054 wrote:
ilexia;652943 wrote:
iBATTLE PHALANX;652911 wrote:
Halo itself is a fun game BUT sometimes you just wanna take a break from playing against people online and just destroy some BOTS instead! imagine always being able to have a full game of 16 players some human, some BOTS and being able to change the difficulty of the bots to test your limits. Now I for one think this would be a great addition to the Halo games, We somewhat saw this with the addition of Firefight into the games but Firefight got boring after sitting through a few waves of enemies. Its a good Idea just not as much fun as you would expect BUT if all the BOTS were to be Spartans with Battle Rifles playing a game of CTF against you now that would be fun! would also make for some decent training games for people who aren't so good at Halo.
Imagine you and a few of your friends going up against 10 Spartans on Legendary difficulty now would be a nice challenge! or playing a game of OddBall against BOTS sounds pretty fun to me. So lets take a vote and see if we cant get 343 to add custom games with BOTS into the mix.


I agree and have wanted this since I first heard of Halo 4.

Not only for the reasons you stated above, but also for the implementation within Firefight friendly AI.




Yea why not have as many things as possible in the game? it will only make the game more fun for everyone and give us more options besides just matchmaking and custom games.


Well, I don't want them to throw half developed concepts into the game. We want quality not quantity, essentially both.

A lot of games these days seem to have this bot or AI vs modes. I'm not familiar with the function and physics of bots but i'm sure if they effectively produce a decent Matchmaking simulation with bots, much like (don't hate) Gears' online bot replacements, I'm pretty confident they can use the same formula in other modes. e.g. Firefight



Yes Gears of War Bots were fun! I really did enjoy them! the only problem I had with them was that they seemed to just run behind cover a lot and sit there until you ran up to them with a shot gun lol This of course would not happen with halo as you cannot go into cover I think it would be a lot of fun in Halo and appreciate your positive feedback!
good idea but very unlikely it will work on custom games/maps.
D4RKNESS 360;653134 wrote:
good idea but very unlikely it will work on custom games/maps.



that's true but a lot of games use a Bot Feature now so it doesn't hurt to at least try and get it added into the game as it would be a great addition. Thanks for your feedback!
iBATTLE PHALANX;653156 wrote:
D4RKNESS 360;653134 wrote:
good idea but very unlikely it will work on custom games/maps.



that's true but a lot of games use a Bot Feature now so it doesn't hurt to at least try and get it added into the game as it would be a great addition. Thanks for your feedback!

but they can put bots in normal maps and gametype
well we know, at least fr/the mP map that there will be BOT BOSSES for SURE...~~~ maybe you can jump in and 'board' the bot!!
ridum;653166 wrote:
well we know, at least fr/the mP map that there will be BOT BOSSES for SURE...~~~ maybe you can jump in and 'board' the bot!!

can you talk in normal sentences, your not making any sense.
ridum;653166 wrote:
well we know, at least fr/the mP map that there will be BOT BOSSES for SURE...~~~ maybe you can jump in and 'board' the bot!!



You know what would be really cool is if on that level where the Mech is being built if you did not finish the game within a certain amount of time the Mech would come to life and start killing both teams! that would make for a very interesting game type. once the clock got down to 2 minutes left in the game the Mech came to life and it was 2 minutes of trying to kill the opposing team and fight off a giant Mech at the same time.
iBATTLE PHALANX;653185 wrote:
ridum;653166 wrote:
well we know, at least fr/the mP map that there will be BOT BOSSES for SURE...~~~ maybe you can jump in and 'board' the bot!!



You know what would be really cool is if on that level where the Mech is being built if you did not finish the game within a certain amount of time the Mech would come to life and start killing both teams! that would make for a very interesting game type. once the clock got down to 2 minutes left in the game the Mech came to life and it was 2 minutes of trying to kill the opposing team and fight off a giant Mech at the same time.

how were people able understand him, i know this is irrevelant to the topic but still?
I've been harboring a simple wishing for well-designed bots since the days of Turok: Rage Wars. They may have seemed silly, but they were dangerous.
D4RKNESS 360;653190 wrote:
iBATTLE PHALANX;653185 wrote:
ridum;653166 wrote:
well we know, at least fr/the mP map that there will be BOT BOSSES for SURE...~~~ maybe you can jump in and 'board' the bot!!



You know what would be really cool is if on that level where the Mech is being built if you did not finish the game within a certain amount of time the Mech would come to life and start killing both teams! that would make for a very interesting game type. once the clock got down to 2 minutes left in the game the Mech came to life and it was 2 minutes of trying to kill the opposing team and fight off a giant Mech at the same time.

how were people able understand him, i know this is irrevelant to the topic but still?



Honestly I just winged it lol figured it was something about the giant Mech or something like that.
mech being built in MP map? really 2+2 duh?

there will be bots of some sort in campaign for sure, hopefully able to board and hopefully some type of bot interaction in MP...

would be SICK ... call me crazy, call me a dreamer, lol but at least I'm not ranting about PERKS lol...
ridum;653234 wrote:
mech being built in MP map? really 2+2 duh?

there will be bots of some sort in campaign for sure, hopefully able to board and hopefully some type of bot interaction in MP...

would be SICK ... call me crazy, call me a dreamer, lol but at least I'm not ranting about PERKS lol...


LOL! Thanks for your feedback! being able to get inside of a Mech suit would be about the same as getting in a Banshee and destroying the other team so as long as it wasn't ridiculously overpowered and not too hard to kill then I could definitely see this working!
I agree, but what they should do is set up a file browser specifically to 343 so they can have a crack at the maps you have made and if they like those maps it should be included in matchmaking and givin bot support.
What I want is the scarab tank in multiplayer!
It would be great if they were implemented correctly. But no games have had luck with bots in MP, gears of war bots are god awful, and if someone left on your team in left 4 dead you'd automatically win because the bots see through everything and have 100% accuracy.
Im all for it in custom games/forge/firefight but Im skeptical about mp. I would rather see enemy AI (building enemies on forge maps).

I would also love to see in firefight the ability to call down an ODST drop pod for reinforcements.
12Next >2 Pages