Notification

Icon
Error

The Halo Bulletin: 12.11.13

Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins
Quote:
2.3 – Heavies
Big guns, big vehicles, big fun. 6 vs. 6.

Please tell me this is a mistake. :(

EDIT: After the Heavies playlist is done, put it in Big team Battle. It would make the playlist more interesting, along with Big team Swat, just put it in the third slot, and uncommon. Also Dominion :).

Medal Madness sounds like it can be an Action Sack gametype, and we all know how badly that needs updating.

Please just make a 5v5 Objective playlist with Extraction, Dominion CTF, KotH, and others. I want to get my objective fix, and Halo 4 is making it really difficult to get that "fix". If you have to, add in a Slayer gametype, like Legendary.

Halo 4 has really grown since last year, but still has a way to go.
Thoroughly enjoyed ALL of that bulletin and the live stream too.
Ozzy Onya A2Z;2806069 wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed ALL of that bulletin and the live stream too.

Really glad to hear that. It was a great pleasure for us to be able to bring so many studio members on stream (especially people we rarely get to talk to in a live setting) and talk about a wide variety of topics. Thanks for watching and reading!
Hey Bravo, I have a question. Team DLC and Squad Slayer look to be great additions, as I can finally play on DLC maps that have been collecting dust for so long, and I might even get around to buying the Castle Map Pack so I can finish this game's achievements. However, are there any plans for a permanent DLC playlist?

Both Reach and H4 have had DLC options go in and out, but currently there is no way to play DLC more than 1/50 games, and even then only where it is implemented in the specific playlist's map selection.

I understand the concern over low population. Naturally, DLC playlists will be less populated as not all of the population has DLC. But with good maps (already largely taken care of due to quality of DLC maps) and solid settings, much of the DLC-owning population could be incentivized to actually USE the DLC they own. I am sure that with solid settings, the playlist could be more heavily populated than at least Team Throwdown, and maybe others like Rumble Pit or Action Sack.

Thanks for reading :)

Loved that bulletin, as I'm very excited about the seasonal playlists and playlist rotation from now until April.
I'm Dutch so the stream was too late to watch all of it.

DID make it till Josh Holmes though!

P.S. Will we get a Halo Christmas card ?

Like this one ?

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120123031923/halo/images/2/27/Holiday_Card_2010.jpg
Just browsing while composing

Update 8. Halo 3 Disc, 2
Halo Sheet Music Collection Thread
Thank you for the Bulletin. A few comments:

1. Race continues to have issues. The MM Systems Team says they don't have time to repair them, but is it possible to remove JIP?

2. Rather than taking up valuable space in the Rotational Playlist, many of the planned gametypes could easily be integrated into voting slots in regular matchmaking. What, if any, rational force is driving the decision-making process?

3. Judging by the calendar, it looks like we won't see Race and Rocket Race again until long after St. Swithin's Day.

Please add a permanent Race/Rocket Race playlist to matchmaking immediately. As is the case with Grifball and Throwdown, R/RR have dedicated followings so, its addition will not adversely affect the "overall health of matchmaking." In fact, I'll strongly argue that it will bring back a number of players who have left the game.
Great Bulletin! Really looking forward to the additions in the Rotational Playlist. A bit disappointed that Dominion wasn't included. It was fun playing it again the other week and I was hoping that it would be a Rotational staple that many of us could look forward to.

Any chance Team Regicide can enter rotation? I would like a chance to get the skinned version of EOD. I've only seen Regicide a handful of times in BTB and not many people vote for it. And I'm not good enough to win in Rumble Pit. Just a suggestion for future considerations.
Plastic Hassle wrote:
1. Race continues to have issues. The MM Systems Team says they don't have time to repair them, but is it possible to remove JIP?

I think the JIP issue is probably problem number 1b and it should definitely get address ASAP as it couldn't be that involved or could it? I'd also add that problems 1a (the scoring glitch) and 1c (equipped grenades on some of the maps) should also get addressed ASAP (at least before Race departs). The grenade problem also shouldn't be a massive time/resource consuming issue to fix, but the scoring glitch may be another story; however, 343i has mentioned they're already working on a fix for that problem in relation to the upcoming Rocket Race playlist so what I don't understand is the minute they develop the fix for Rocket Race's implementation why can't the Race playlist get updated with it too? Can there be some clear answers to these questions 343i? If these things do indeed require and involve a lot more work then I'm making it out to be then please explain in detail why that is because I and I'm sure many others are very curious... thank you.

Plastic Hassle wrote:
2. Rather than taking up valuable space in the Rotational Playlist, many of the planned gametypes could easily be integrated into voting slots in regular matchmaking. What, if any, rational force is driving the decision-making process?

I've often thought that a better streamlining of the playlists/game-types would serve the player base well, but everyone has their opinion on what a "better" streamlined playlist should look like without overcrowding a particular playlist too; something that'll provide access to a multitude of game-types without making it too difficult to play what you want when you want. Overall though the War Games' playlist offering isn't all that terrible given the game's population numbers, but I still think that my proposal is a pretty good one... A War Games' Consolidation Plan.

Plastic Hassle wrote:
3. Judging by the calendar, it looks like we won't see Race and Rocket Race again until long after St. Swithin's Day.

Yeah, I too am pretty disappointed that Race's return is uncertain and if it were to return it'll be quite a while from now; however, on the bright side I am pretty excited about all of the upcoming rotational playlists except for Big Rumble which I think is stupid considering Rumble Pit already is an overcrowded FFA game-type and giving us a 12 player FFA will likely just end up being a spawn camping chaotic mess of a game. I'd much rather of seen something mentioning a playlist for the community made Conversion game-type instead of that.

Plastic Hassle wrote:
Please add a permanent Race/Rocket Race playlist to matchmaking immediately. As is the case with Grifball and Throwdown, R/RR have dedicated followings so, its addition will not adversely affect the "overall health of matchmaking." In fact, I'll strongly argue that it will bring back a number of players who have left the game.

Yeah, agreed. It's also kind of strange how the Throwdown playlist is given preferential treatment even though its population numbers are god awful; but, at the same time I'm glad it's there for those who want to play its settings specifically. It's toward this side of the argument that I do think a Race playlist should be given consideration for staying available as a long-term playlist because I believe it serves a specific nitch of the community and by having it available 24/7 it won't likely dilute the population numbers for any of the other playlists but maybe actually add to them because the Race playlist might actually draw players to Halo's matchmaking games that would normally elect to play other games or maybe just play custom games instead.
Okay. I hope a team objective with consolidation of CTF will be implemented, including dominion in it.

I hope rocket race will allow you to get mongoose kills.

I hope we'll be able to kill more scorpion tanks in heavies.

Some of these things are interesting.

Good interviews but I wish we could get questions asked to them.
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
THANK YOU 343i for the DLC PLAYLISTS COMING... AHHHHHHHHH (so excited)... this is amazing and now all my complaints have been addressed! This game and this company has listened to my ONLY gripe and I just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

You have no idea how awesome this is gonna be for the people like me that have stood by and supported you guys at 343i by buying your GORGEOUS AND WONDERFUL DLC MAP PACKS... We are gonna have so much fun and I know that you will see people in there in record numbers. Its gonna be a party like 1999 (but with a waaayy better KDR going on)!

Honestly I think the people who don't support 343i and DON'T buy the DLC maps (because they're obviously stupid) will finally get to see that they're gonna be missing out on a HUGE chance to see how much fun Halo 4 can REALLY be when you not stuck between 4-6 maps

YOU GUYS AT 343i ARE EFFING AWESOME!!! To let you know how important this is to me... I would hug and kiss you guys if you were here right now!

THANK YOU GODS OF HALO ONCE AGAIN FOR LISTENING TO OUR MEAGER REQUESTS

From Your Humble BOOT LICKER
CMBZ1
What?

No innuendo incognito. What functions does Ms. Angel perform now?

Weekly Updates have been so dang jolly as of late which can mean one of three things:

1. Everybody at 343 is really just that god dang jolly and comfortable. This is negative because conflict and struggle are progress' guide. Yes, you read right. That is in the possessive. And you might politely remind Mr. Frank about what happened to George Lucas and his beloved franchise when he promoted a despotic culture of closed-ended dialogue.

2. There is a pervasive abstention from camaraderie. The jolliness is just a mere front for a dilapidated pit of growing low morale.

3. There is conflict within the studio and you choose to abstain from reporting on such matters. The fanbase deems these things interesting and worthy of discussion. This would explain the inactive forums.

Care to respond?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
what I want to know is when do we get notified about the commando helmet, specifically if we've been awarded it.
XRaiderV17;2809019 wrote:
what I want to know is when do we get notified about the commando helmet, specifically if we've been awarded it.

Check your armory. I had mine unlocked and received no notification.