Notification

Icon
Error

The Halo Bulletin: 11.27.13

Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins
Thanks for the Bulletin. The Turkey Bowl looks like it will be a gong show and a lot of fun.

Many things for which to be thankful. May everyone have safe travels and good times this weekend.
Flippin' 'Eck! A double Screenshot feature?! I didn't even think that was possible! Thanks a tonne for choosing those two! :D

Turkey Bowl eh? Should be fun to play, although no chance of field goal scores? Shame...ah well.

And Longbow gets my vote for Race! On a similar note, will we be able to submit racetracks for Matmchmaking consideration?
Turkey Bowl, sounds fun :).

I wish all the 343 team a wonderful thanksgiving weekend <3
I must ask, why has it taken so long to implement a Race game type into matchmaking? Why Impliment it Now? Why Impliment it at all?
B is for Bravo;2796830 wrote:

Being a football player in high school, I think I'm gunna go with my position; corner back. Oh wait, it's not on here, damn. I guess I will have to settle for wide receiver.

On a serious note, I think forge maps are better for race. The maps in halo 4 are far to cluttered and tight for such a gametype. Reach had maps like hemorrhage, where you were just so free to go wherever you wanted, and rocket race was a dream on this map, same thing goes for sandtrap in halo 3. Halo 4 would force me to go slow and make turns every few meters, I also have to follow a path on maps like long bow or even worse, meltdown. We need wide open maps. I think rocket race on vanilla forge island would be interesting.
xAmberlampSx;2796902 wrote:
B is for Bravo;2796830 wrote:

Being a football player in high school, I think I'm gunna go with my position; corner back. Oh wait, it's not on here, damn. I guess I will have to settle for wide receiver.

On a serious note, I think forge maps are better for race. The maps in halo 4 are far to cluttered and tight for such a gametype. Reach had maps like hemorrhage, where you were just so free to go wherever you wanted, and rocket race was a dream on this map, same thing goes for sandtrap in halo 3. Halo 4 would force me to go slow and make turns every few meters, I also have to follow a path on maps like long bow or even worse, meltdown. We need wide open maps. I think rocket race on vanilla forge island would be interesting.

Turkey Bowl, huh? Well, I guess I can also employ my position from my year on the high school football team; Defensive/Offensive Linebacker.
Hehehehe.

Thanks for the bulletin!
And nice helmet Bravo.
The gametype looks promising.

Is it possible to kill other mongooses in race bravo?
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
Hey happy thanksgiving to 343,

I am very grateful for the game and the entertainment it will provide (along with the distraction from annoying relatives) this weekend. I just wanted to ask nicely for something that I've been asking for... and for a while now, and its really just something that I think would bring a lot of missing players back to the game. Here is story of an experience I recently had trying to get my little brother back into playing Halo... Didn't work out so well and it has to do with the only issue I ever complain about. Lack of map variety, and lack of ability to play the DLC maps while in matchmaking.

First of all I bought the game for myself, and being the true Halo fan I am I bought all the map packs to go with the game because I thought that they were so amazing. As I was playing them about a month ago I thought to myself... my little brother would love to play this game, and it might peel him away from COD and other games that are not nearly as beautiful or as FUN as Halo and this might be the right time to try and bring him over from the darkside.

So last month I spent the money all over again and bought Halo 4 Game of the Year for my little brother to get him into halo (and draw him away from COD) because this deal had ALL the DLC included in the game and I was sure he would see how much better Halo is from ANY other FPS.

To my extreme sadness and he recently called me to tell me that while he appreciated what I did for him, he had decided to SELL halo 4 because (according to him) there was "just not as much variety in maps as COD had" and then he told me "dude I just get bored after playing on the SAME few maps every time" He recently sold Halo 4 and used the money to buy the new Battlefield. I was WRECKED over this! SELL HALO to buy another boring easily reproduced military action game???

This is the same issue I have had with this game, and its SO disappointing to see people snub Halo in favor of a poorer quality game... which is really just the same game rehashed and redone over and over again (COD/Battlefield) with a different plot!

Please 343 find a way to give the people who bought ALL your DLC's the ability to use those DLC's in matchmaking more than one DLC game every 50 to 100 matches.

I still love the game and will continue to play...Happy Thanksgiving,

CMBZ1

P.S. sorry if this message is a downer, but I just wanted to share my story.
Being a Vikings fan, I don't know if my heart could take being on the green/gold team. Then again, it would make me the happiest guy on Earth to be on the blue/white team! i hope that didn't sound too psychopathic
Great Bulletin. Still looking for more info on the weapons tuning update. I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving. Here is my video overview of some of the news this week.

http://youtu.be/kEu0je4C0y8
I love how the ranking depicts Frankie at the top, Bravo Second, then everyone else...and then BS Angel...lol really guys!
The Turkey Bowl Playlist sounds awesome but unfortunately I missed it. Does anyone know where I can download the map and gametype please?