Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >3 Pages
The Halo Bulletin: 10.9.13

Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins
I think a simple solution to the DLC dilemma is to simply make a full DLC only playlist.

A someone who owns all the maps Adrift and Haven are getting on my nerves
Rather upset to see the Majestic requirement go. Any chance you'll test again after the GOTY launch to compare the two numbers?

Also, first
I would like to open up the bidding on the banana with a Xbox live trial code (slightly used).
Plunderfull;2754747 wrote:
I would like to open up the bidding on the banana with a Xbox live trial code (slightly used).

Could have a winning bid right here.
As we've yet to get an answer for this, I must ask again:

When did you guys (anyone at 343i who can answer) first know that the DLC for the champions bundle would not be available in Spartan Ops?

and, why was it kept from the community?

With the population still plummeting, do you guys not understand what this continuing lack of honesty is doing to you?
It's a shame to see the DLC requirement disappear from Team Slayer but I understand why. However, I do have some suggestions for DLC required playlists in future.

- Squad DLC (4v4 or 5v5). Slayer and objective on the bullseye map pack and the majestic map pack.
- Big Team DLC (6v6 or 8v8). Slayer and objective on the crimson map pack and the castle map pack.
- Rotational playlists should also require at least one DLC map pack.

Also, I'm looking forward to Oddball returning! :P
Musashi Orboro;2754751 wrote:
As we've yet to get an answer for this, I must ask again:

When did you guys (anyone at 343i who can answer) first know that the DLC for the champions bundle would not be available in Spartan Ops?

and, why was it kept from the community?

With the population still plummeting, do you guys not understand what this continuing lack of honesty is doing to you?

Speaking of SPARTAN Ops, another week of Grunt Birthday Party? Really?

SPARTAN Ops was your baby. Why do you hate it?

Is the GOTY edition available to retailers ? I heard it wasn't.

I like that the DLC won't be required anymore.

Although here is an idea for a DLC required playlist would be a 4v4-6v6 slayer and objective based. It has Team Slayer, Legendary slayer, LD BRs, CTF , KOTH , and oddball. Maybe majestic and castle would be needed or just one. If its 5v5 or higher make everyone spawn with one grenade to reduce grenade spamming on the smaller maps.
Nice bulletin !

P.s. Keep an eye on that narrative team though. Don't give them too much room. Never know what they might do next ! I don't want Halsey in a wheel chair.

Lol
Just browsing while composing

Update 8. Halo 3 Disc, 2
Halo Sheet Music Collection Thread
Alright. Should have mentioned that initiation 3 came out.

Today's lesson shall be long. The playdate is once again the format I do not like. I was hoping for an invite event like before on Reach. Let's talk about community interaction. As many have pointed out, it's important. But what do people want? Let's take a look into the past. A long time ago, in 2010, these forums were created. I was one of the first members to join in. I thought it was great it was starting. It was early and I wanted to be part of a community, founding it. So who was there? Cocopjojo, who now works at Bungie and xGlpyhx. They used to moderate halo wars forum as well. It was before merging halo wars and waypoint forums, which as a result have the halo wars exclusive avatar we were given for the merge. They posted a fair amount here, very good. I think I add glyph a guta named sunshine since he said he wanted that. I gimped a picture of a guta before reach came out. And it was fun.

Bs angel arrives, she is also active. Frequently engaging in discussions, we had a back and forth conversation at some point were I posted eventually about how we had the same teddy bear avatar from halo legends. So before the merge. Reach did come out. There were community held playdates, they evolved into what's called, WCCNs. Waypoint community carnage nights. Ninja Ocra used to host it, averyeasytarget too. Bs angel was known to show up for these events. I first played with her on a forge island map. She talked about her Kinect she had gotten. Basically, she used to show up, we had this fun, close knit community, friendly. Others such as David Ellis, verohime, vociferous, Alison used to post very often. There were playdates, sampand and verohime used to be together during playdates often. Very friendly. Aw Kyle and how many times did bs angel answer a question by answering a question I think. I used to talk and remind Davis Ellis about the sparkast a lot. Another thing you guys haven't done often anymore. Basically.

The community interaction was so fun and good. So friendly, so funny, so nice, so common. Alison stroll has said I am her Nero. Once on a thread about 343i's version of ling ling, I suggested my gamertag being put in every map you guys made, Alison replied with DONE, I replied with :), bs angel posted earlier. There were also times were people who helped make the motion comics would go on the forums and we could ask questions. Bs angel used to even come to the cruel legacey's race nights. Back then there used to be Community leaders who later chosen to become the first moderators along with others. There was this joke snout CL standing for cruel legacy.

There was this waypoint culture as well. While I know about unicorns, on waypoint, <4 used to be a thing. It's like <3 but with a waypoint twist. We had even voted for our community name. I suggested Reclaimer, and it's the one that won. Also, fun fact, the official waypoint Squeaker? I had the highest pitched voice on waypoint. Originates from that. So there was halo fest and all that, announced waypoint knights. However, it was feared that one day a large influx of people would come and that things would be different. We compared it to bungie.net forums, say reach forums. Of course we still tried being friendly. Our fears became true. Slowly, less and less community interaction. The gamenights stopped, sparkasts stopped.

Things were looking grim as halo 4 launched. less and less. I met up with bs angel recently by chance. We played two games. Some people said some rude things and she left. This might be what you are trying to avoid by having random searching and some one way interaction. However it does more bad than good. While there might be rudeness, rekindling this closeness is important. Take a look at the past, bravo's case, learn from the others before and this, and do like how it was done. Rekindle this <4 in people. Maybe have a few games where its on an invite basis this playdate, a sign up thread? Direct two way community interaction. Be the 343i I believed in.

Oh yeah, to narrative team, please don't sacrifice realism or maturity to tell stories. Keep all consistent. Figure out how things work and apply them. A good story is also believable one. Make sure the realistic halo aspects remain consistent. Review material often.
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
Stickyball: I'm a sucker for interesting and unique gametypes.

nsx0r;2754743 wrote:
I think a simple solution to the DLC dilemma is to simply make a full DLC only playlist.

Still leaves DLC buyers the short end of the stick. A true solution to the DLC dilemma is to stop walking into the problem.

I can't think of a single option that is going to improve the DLC situation. Somebody somewhere is going to end up getting the short end of the stick. CoD can pull off DLC maps because they have the population for it. Taking a population hit due to people just not wanting to buy the maps isn't going to cause that much of a problem because they have plenty to spare to keep matchmaking quality up.

Halo isn't going to have a substantially large population anymore. We can't do the Map DLC thing anymore. The only true solution is to stop making Map DLC and start making other DLCs instead. DLCs that don't require everyone in the lobby to have purchased before it'll even show up: Armors, skins, weapons, vehicles.

And on that note: I'm not sure how feasible the Champions Bundle workaround really is. Last I heard 343 patched the game so that when it pulls the files from the maps to generate all the objects in it, it also pulls from the Champions Bundle as well. This allows said skins and armors to work for everyone.

If it's not, we need a way to be able to insert said armors, skins, etc into the game with people only having to download a smallish compatibility patch.
HurryingCandy;2754761 wrote:
Nice bulletin !

P.s. Keep an eye on that narrative team though. Don't give them too much room. Never know what they might do next ! I don't want Halsey in a wheel chair.

I'll keep an eye on 'em. Good call.

erickyboo;2754766 wrote:
Be the 343i I believed in.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be using different formats for each Community Playdate, and are also working on several different community initiatives.

For this playdate, as we're celebrating the launch of a featured playlist, the best format is to actually hop into the playlist ourselves. In the future, custom lobbies may indeed work better for smaller groups and non-Matchmaking events.

As you can imagine, a summer full of non-stop events and the Halo 4 Global Championship required a lot of work from the community team, and we're looking forward to putting more opportunities for community interaction on our calendar over the next few months.

Methew;2754770 wrote:
Stickyball: I'm a sucker for interesting and unique gametypes.

We played quite a bit today. "One more game" ended up being a bit more like ten more games. Glad to hear that you're looking forward to the game type!
Stoked on v5 ric
Have you guys concidered whether or not to update btb? It was brought up a few bulletins back that you would take a look at feedback
GNARIZARD RZPP;2754774 wrote:
Stoked on v5 ric
Have you guys concidered whether or not to update btb? It was brought up a few bulletins back that you would take a look at feefback

We're always keeping an eye on feedback and building appropriate changes into our upcoming updates, but we do not currently have a date for the next Big Team Battle Update. As soon we do, we'll let you know!
Thanks for the reply also just an idea but would it be possible in the future to bring back the reach veto system with 6 options? This game has grown a lot in maps game types and variants since launch and with all the consolidation I know a lot of people would love to see it
GNARIZARD RZPP;2754786 wrote:
Thanks for the reply also just an idea but would it be possible in the future to bring back the reach veto system with 6 options? This game has grown a lot in maps game types and variants since launch and with all the consolidation I know a lot of people would love to see it

This would not only require a major change to the UI, but also the functionality of the Matchmaking lobby and game selection systems. This being true, we do not have plans to modify the pre-game lobby functionality. We will, however, continue to monitor the voting option layout for each playlist to ensure that each has the correct mix of variety and game types.
Love that GH057ayame guy!
Twitter: @Greenskull
YouTube: ReadyUpLive
nsx0r;2754743 wrote:

Agreed.

I suggest that you could also do an "All maps" playlist and give the DLC maps a priority.
B is for Bravo;2754789 wrote:
GNARIZARD RZPP;2754786 wrote:

This would not only require a major change to the UI, but also the functionality of the Matchmaking lobby and game selection systems. This being true, we do not have plans to modify the pre-game lobby functionality. We will, however, continue to monitor the voting option layout for each playlist to ensure that each has the correct mix of variety and game types.

If I may ask, how long do you think such a change to the UI and matchmaking systems would take, were you to implement it?
123Next >3 Pages