Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
The Halo Bulletin: 10.2.13


Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins
COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!!
Actually considering picking up GotY when it drops over here. I noticed the other day that my Halo 4 disc is a little scratched (ok a lot scratched) :( plus I'd gain a few extra codes I can give away to folk :)
On a random note, I noticed there are now 117 items tagged "The Halo Bulletin" :P
stckrboy;2747841 wrote:

On a random note, I noticed there are now 117 items tagged "The Halo Bulletin" :P


This calls for a celebration. What shall we do?
Well I was not expecting my Screenie to be the front page piccy for this Bulletin! Thanks guys and gals!

Love the calendar, I'll need to find a way to print that off so I can put it up on my wall. The details on how to make Race too are very welcome.

Countdown...ahhh the memories...

And Bravo, I think the only appropriate celebration is a mass Halo playing spree! Care to join me for some Ricochet? :P
I have a few questions to ask:

Firstly, why have you guys waited so long to implement race into matchmaking? A lot of people have been asking for this gametype since day one. Why are we only getting it now?

Also, when did you guys first find out (Bravo, BS Angel, anyone at 343i) that the champions bundle content would not be available in Spartan Ops?

Lastly, with the multiplayer population nose diving towards 10K, what are you guys doing to regain the trust of the Halo Community?
So what's the whole point of removing the Dominion play list and just putting into bi-weekly rotation thing? I still need to get some commendations for that game type and used to been one of my favorites.

It's great to see Race coming a come back. Hope this means some gametypes could return *cough* Invasion *cough* and finally make progress on that Mongoose commendation when Rocket Race is up.
Good. I am pleased to know that there is discussion on how to get the pre-order DLC alternatively. I guess you've read my posts on the matter and know that this is good news to me.

I also think that the method of inviting players instead of joining up on the playlist is a better idea. It used to be like that with the 343i playdate and last time, despite me being able to know when you guys were in a game or in the lobby, I wasn't able to play a single match with you guys. I like the invitation mode better. Its more tedious but guarantees more community interaction, which you should be prepared to take the good and the bad. I haven't played with bs angel in like over a year.

I've been playing some king of the hill. I want to win 8 games per day minimum. I need one more and I've got until midnight so about one more and I have to stop. I want to master that. I hope I can get mongoose kills with the rocket race gametype. My focus is on king of the hill right now. Since most of my friends don't play halo often anymore, its harder but I want to get it... I'm the person who plays the most halo on my friends list.

Now, another lesson. Reputation. Reputation can be a very important part of a company. What it has done before can affect future sales. While investing resources in a past project might seem counter productive for a newer project, it can yield results. If good reputation is gained by the maintenance of said previous project, then it can and will very likely influence the future project sales positively. A good way to have good reputation is honesty and transparency. Lies and words to mask things yield negatively on reputation.



It look like I'm not going to win my last game... I keep getting paired up with bad team mates while enemies keep working well... why does this happen to me? Third game lost in a row, or is this the fourth?
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
RECEPTOR 17;2747873 wrote:
Well I was not expecting my Screenie to be the front page piccy for this Bulletin! Thanks guys and gals!

Love the calendar, I'll need to find a way to print that off so I can put it up on my wall. The details on how to make Race too are very welcome.

Countdown...ahhh the memories...

And Bravo, I think the only appropriate celebration is a mass Halo playing spree! Care to join me for some Ricochet? :P


That screenshot is just too cool. It's striking, different, and absolutely front-page worthy!

Ricochet? Sounds good. As I said, I am absolutely willing to risk a few days out of the office.
B is for Bravo;2747849 wrote:
stckrboy;2747841 wrote:

On a random note, I noticed there are now 117 items tagged "The Halo Bulletin" :P


This calls for a celebration. What shall we do?

There's only one thing we can do at a time like this... PAARRRTTAAAYYY!!!
Any news on fixing the Champions bundle glitches?
Musashi Orboro;2747874 wrote:
Lastly, with the multiplayer population nose diving towards ten thousand, what are you guys doing to regain the trust of the Halo Community?

What are you talking about? In regard to this subject, little was done to regain players during the Halo Reach time period, so I don't see 343 Industries doing the same for Halo 4.
B is for Bravo;2747949 wrote:

That screenshot is just too cool. It's striking, different, and absolutely front-page worthy!

Ricochet? Sounds good. As I said, I am absolutely willing to risk a few days out of the office.


Thanks Bravo, that means a tonne to me! It's a stupendously simple Screenshot to make to, I did put up a how I made it guide on the Screenshot thread in Community Creations, so others can try and replicate it.

Ricochet it is then, shame the time-zone difference denied me last night as it was 4:30am when I sent posted my message.
That's one nice looking calender... It should be sold in mall kiosks and Amazon :) (Or the Halo Store, just saying).
Fortune favours not the bold, the bold make their own fortune.
Check-in from time to time: http://www.twitch.tv/thy_reapermc
Seriously Race is the just a customization of Ricochet.

Sorry 343, but that is completely and utterly lame. Looks like the racing community will be sticking to the game-type the modding community gave us. Hell we'd rather use the King of the Hill variant we've been using since the beginning of Halo 4 over your game-type.

I really only have 2 questions.

1. All of the Game of the Year DLC; is it an install or a download?

2. Are there any plans to release FOTUS to the community? I'm sure people would be willing to pay for it on the Marketplace. I know I would.
When is the next weapon tuning? A bit of work still needs to be done to the Armor abilities and Weapons.

Like, active camo still needs a time boost and a larger radar jamming.
And the BR still needs a <10th of a second Rate of fire nerf...

Any Ideas 343? This is pretty reasonable.
Orionhardy84;2748205 wrote:
Seriously Race is the just a customization of Ricochet.

Sorry 343, but that is completely and utterly lame. Looks like the racing community will be sticking to the game-type the modding community gave us. Hell we'd rather use the King of the Hill variant we've been using since the beginning of Halo 4 over your game-type.



The instructions that we posted were just a method of creating Race from Ricochet for players to enjoy playing around with. We are not at all saying this is the exact way that we'll be creating the Race game type for December's rotational playlists. As we are several months out, those details will be posted closer to the release of the playlists.

Apologies for any confusion!
Spartanpuff177;2748263 wrote:
When is the next weapon tuning? A bit of work still needs to be done to the Armor abilities and Weapons.

Like, active camo still needs a time boost and a larger radar jamming.
And the BR still needs a <10th of a second Rate of fire nerf...

Any Ideas 343? This is pretty reasonable.


If anything, the BR needs a tiny bit of a buff, not a nerf. When I use it, I feel like I'm not really doing anything. It still feels a helluva lot better than before but it certainly doesn't need any nerfing.
B is for Bravo;2748317 wrote:
Orionhardy84;2748205 wrote:
Seriously Race is the just a customization of Ricochet.

Sorry 343, but that is completely and utterly lame. Looks like the racing community will be sticking to the game-type the modding community gave us. Hell we'd rather use the King of the Hill variant we've been using since the beginning of Halo 4 over your game-type.



The instructions that we posted were just a method of creating Race from Ricochet for players to enjoy playing around with. We are not at all saying this is the exact way that we'll be creating the Race game type for December's rotational playlists. As we are several months out, those details will be posted closer to the release of the playlists.

Apologies for any confusion!


OH, THANK GOD. That Race gametype sounded horrible. Glad to hear it's not going to be the official race gametype. Of course, it could be used for rally, so while I was never a fan of that it's cool that that can be recreated.

Sooo..... is there ever chance the featured playlist will ever be Conversion?

Edit:
Alzode;2748326 wrote:
Spartanpuff177;2748263 wrote:
When is the next weapon tuning? A bit of work still needs to be done to the Armor abilities and Weapons.

Like, active camo still needs a time boost and a larger radar jamming.
And the BR still needs a <10th of a second Rate of fire nerf...

Any Ideas 343? This is pretty reasonable.


If anything, the BR needs a tiny bit of a buff, not a nerf. When I use it, I feel like I'm not really doing anything. It still feels a helluva lot better than before but it certainly doesn't need any nerfing.


I'd have to disagree. It's got a fast kill time and the two shot melee. I think it's good as is, thought I might support an slight spread increase. Kinda want the DMR to have an advantage when cross-mapping on the smaller maps, but that might just be because I'm primarily a DMR user.


....343, might it be possible to release exact stats for weapons? Like minimum frames to kill, how many frames to swiitch and reload, at what ranges the average kill times for the more accurate weapons become higher than the lower range weapons?
12Next >2 Pages