Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
The Halo Bulletin: 7.31.13

Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins
Good stuff.

Regarding players getting an invite from AGL, will these players (if applicable) be removed from the top four placing each week of the online tournament? Would love to see some possibly non-pro players make an appearance in the finals.

I was hoping to see a Spartan Assault info-graphic, similar to the launch of the other Halo titles/DLCs ect. For example:

• players purchased
  • unique players
  • game finished/progress
  • ratio of gaso/gold/silver/bronze medals.
  • gold/gaso finishers
  • etc.

Any chance of this next week?

Access Denied by RECEPTOR 17 is my favourite picture this week.
Furiousn00b;2656817 wrote:
Good stuff.

Reading now!

Bravo next week be sure to work on legendary slayer dont forget it try adding br start voting option and removing shutout for ar starts and making it only br starts.

Also add a magnum to secondary for ar starts.

I know this probly wont happen but try to remove sprint with modded game type and add remakes from the community like midship and warlock and guardian than take out adrift abandon and haven and solace and put those maps in that would make me love 343 100x more if u guys did all these updates thank you :)

Reply back so i feel like im talking to nothing
Good stuff.

Regarding players getting an invite from AGL, will these players (if applicable) be removed from the top four placing each week of the online tournament? Would love to see some possibly non-pro players make an appearance.

I was hoping to see a Spartan Assault info-graphic, similar to the launch of the other Halo titles/DLCs ect. For example:

• players purchased
  • unique players
  • game finished/progress
  • gold/gaso finishers
  • etc.

We'll absolutely look into more Spartan Assault info for future weeks. Thanks for the suggestion! We'll also have more info about AGL invites, the finals format, and more in the coming weeks.

ASlaughterFest;2656827 wrote:
Good stuff.

Reading now!

Bravo next week be sure to work on legendary slayer dont forget it try adding br start voting option and removing shutout for ar starts and making it only br starts.

I know this probly wont happen but try to remove sprint with modded game type and add remakes from the community like midship and warlock and guardian than take out adrift abandon and haven and solace and put those maps in that would make me love 343 100x more if u guys did all these updates thank you :)

After the Global Championship online qualifier concludes, we'll be giving attention to several playlists and optimizing them in terms of game types, settings, maps, and more. We've kept a very close eye on community feedback and are always working on improving the experiences offered in Matchmaking. As always, we'll post details on what's next each week.
Well there's not much in this bulletin for me... I like the new checkmark playlist and I think you guys should do more of them. Why don't you guys also have overhead maps that show weapon spawns, vehicles, objectives, timers and such?

I think I'm going to play that playlist just to increase my objectives wins. I want to reach 100% commendations. I'm at like 92%?
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
Looking through this bulletin, something caught my eye:

Under the Oddball settings, you have Automatic Pickup set as Enabled.

Does this mean that it is possible to disable automatic pickup in regular Oddball? Is it possible for something similar to be added to CTF, such as the ability to pick up the flag using X, or the ability to drop the flag without needing to be poleaxed first?
Musashi Orboro;2656910 wrote:

Does this mean that it is possible to disable automatic pickup in regular Oddball? Is it possible for something similar to be added to CTF, such as the ability to pick up the flag using X, or the ability to drop the flag without needing to be poleaxed first?

Yes, Oddball has the option to have auto-pickup enabled or disabled. Capture the Flag's custom settings do not have this option, and there is currently no plan to change the auto-pickup / "Flag + Magnum" (affectionately referred to as the Flagnum) setting in this game type.
B is for Bravo;2656939 wrote:
Musashi Orboro;2656910 wrote:

Yes, Oddball has the option to have auto-pickup enabled or disabled. Capture the Flag's custom settings do not have this option, and there is currently no plan to change the auto-pickup / "Flag + Magnum" (affectionately referred to as the Flagnum) setting in this game type.

Are these CTF options not feasible, or are they simply not a priority?
Are there any plans to get us some more forge maps in Legendary slayer or other play lists? I would be VERY interested to see a post on what the philosophy regarding forge will be for the remainder of the game's life cycle.
What about legendary Slayer updates are the heavily requested features such as BR starts, no sprint, etc being considered.
Thdyingbreed;2656990 wrote:
What about legendary Slayer updates are the heavily requested features such as BR starts, no sprint, etc being considered.

i seriously doubt they do sprint removal. Adrift and Haven would instantly become untenable, which would eliminate fully 40% of the map selection.

Granted, the snipers have already killed Adrift.
RavensHal0;2656992 wrote:
i seriously doubt they do sprint removal. Adrift and Haven would instantly become untenable, which would eliminate fully 40% of the map selection.

Granted, the snipers have already killed Adrift.
Nah they play just fine with 120% movement speed and we need more forge maps added in there regardless don't know why they only decided to use disc maps.
Noooo my screenshot didn't get a spotlight
Super sad face :(

Anyways, I am looking forward to new map pack.
B is for Bravo;2656851 wrote:
Good stuff.

Regarding players getting an invite from AGL, will these players (if applicable) be removed from the top four placing each week of the online tournament? Would love to see some possibly non-pro players make an appearance.

• players purchased
  • unique players
  • game finished/progress
  • gold/gaso finishers
  • etc.

We'll absolutely look into more Spartan Assault info for future weeks. Thanks for the suggestion! We'll also have more info about AGL invites, the finals format, and more in the coming weeks.

ASlaughterFest;2656827 wrote:
Good stuff.

Reading now!

After the Global Championship online qualifier concludes, we'll be giving attention to several playlists and optimizing them in terms of game types, settings, maps, and more. We've kept a very close eye on community feedback and are always working on improving the experiences offered in Matchmaking. As always, we'll post details on what's next each week.

Thank you bravo your the reason halo 4 is so much better!!!!! than launch keep working for 343 and make halo 5 really good :)
I am glad that 343 is explicitly stating their movements against cheaters, however, I would really like to see some kind of statistics regarding them. For example, would you be able to give us the approximate number of cheaters that have been caught in the Championship playlist since the tournament began? As alluded to in the bulletin, I feel like it is a major issue and it would be reassuring to see some kind of concrete/numerical results.
B is for Bravo;2656851 wrote:

I find most issues regarding Halo 4 to be very time-sensitive. Why does it take such an amount of time to first acknowledge there might be an issue then take a heck amount of time to do something about it?

This is likely why Halo went from a game with an average pop of 80,000 people to a game that gets close to 30,000 which is about to take a big hit once september comes around.

Right now I'm just suggesting that with every update, you should shoot to try and optimize anything you do within a week of getting players feedback.
Good stuff.

Thanks for the compliment FuriousnOOb! I was really happy with how that Screenie turned out am am now doubly happy it made the cut this week!

If you want to make a Screenshot like that, all you need to do is find a flat, mostly single coloured wall and use your "AutoSentry" Armour Ability, so you get that orangey glow against the wall (and have roaring Spartan to boot).

Tefster;2657127 wrote:
Noooo my screenshot didn't get a spotlight
Super sad face :(

Don't lose heart Tefster, there's always a new week to try again. Plenty of opportunities and unique ideas available for this week;s subject of "Monitor".

It took me a while before I got one of mine featured a few months back so I know how you feel.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A great Update as ever Bravo! Really enjoyed reading it and thank you very much for selecting "Access Denied" this week!

Any further news on you guys popping across the Pond to visit us folks in the UK at the Eurogamer Expo potentially?

Now to move onto the newest Screenshot Challenge... To the Forge!
Please look into stopping people from backing out in lobby / quit pre game with out some kind of CSR punishment.

Full party's/Teams back out on me in BTB obj like 15+ times a day and they are all higher rank people afraid of losing or hurting the KD ..

CSR needs this to be fixed HALO 4 needs this to be fixed- what the point of matching people of equal skill if they can just backout and then go play lower skilled kids
GIVE ME DA MAPS
How about removing that fricken Majestic Map pack playlist and re-adding Castle?! I've got 6 achievements left for Castle and there hard as balls due to the map rotation never picking a dang castle map.

Dang man, I really want to get those set of achievements done before the champions bundle is released.
12Next >2 Pages