Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
The Halo Bulletin: 7.24.13


Click here to read the entire article
Click here to see all Bulletins
Were the Lasers on Adrift in Legendary Slayer intentional or just a mistake?


#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
The Little Moa;2645130 wrote:
Were the Lasers on Adrift in Legendary Slayer intentional or just a mistake?


Intentional. After reviewing community feedback, however, we've decided to switch them to Sniper Rifles to mimic similar Matchmaking experiences, as the two symmetrical rifles is not only familiar to current players, but also fits within the overall design of Legendary Slayer.
B is for Bravo;2645140 wrote:
The Little Moa;2645130 wrote:
Were the Lasers on Adrift in Legendary Slayer intentional or just a mistake?


Intentional. After reviewing community feedback, however, we've decided to switch them to Sniper Rifles to mimic similar Matchmaking experiences, as the two symmetrical rifles is not only familiar to current players, but also fits within the overall design of Legendary Slayer.
Thanks for the info and thanks for fixing the Rockets on Haven :)


#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
Nice new screens of the armor, though, why no Mark V? I assume you at 343 have a good reason, but I'm curious to know. I'm excited for the Mark V Helmet!
Why were there no other changes to Legendary slayer other then that what about the important stuff like team BR's with Br starts and Ar secondary, disabling sprint.

I really hope they didn't just ignore the rest of the feedback and we don't have to wait 6 months for important updates to come to this playlist.
The double XP tokens idea is all fine and dandy, but for players who have already reached SR130, what value is there in it? For that matter, what value is there in completing daily challenges, or player commendations?
Musashi Orboro;2645201 wrote:
The double XP tokens idea is all fine and dandy, but for players who have already reached SR130, what value is there in it? For that matter, what value is there in completing daily challenges, or player commendations?

There is none. That's why I was really bummed (and still am) that they didn't add a prestige feature for the level system.
Thanks Bravo. New armor is looking good.
The Little Moa;2645142 wrote:
Thanks for the info and thanks for fixing the Rockets on Haven :)


Yup. Good change to the rockets there. No-one has really been using the spartan lasers on Adrift either. The snipers will definitely get more use.
B is for Bravo;2645140 wrote:
The Little Moa;2645130 wrote:
Were the Lasers on Adrift in Legendary Slayer intentional or just a mistake?


Intentional. After reviewing community feedback, however, we've decided to switch them to Sniper Rifles to mimic similar Matchmaking experiences, as the two symmetrical rifles is not only familiar to current players, but also fits within the overall design of Legendary Slayer.


How are you determining what feedback to address? Spartan Lasers have been mentioned in the Legendary Slayer feedback thread 15 times. However, calls to disable sprint have been mentioned in the Legendary Slayer feedback thread well over 40 times.

What is it that makes some feedback more important than others?
Many times I disagree with things 343 does. Not the snipers on adrift! No no no no no! Why? They're pretty bad already in the other matchmaking updates. They make for a very annoying experience, on a map that scale its such a big no no. Gah I feel so underpowered, like no matter how much I write its still not going to do it. It makes me feel.. so gah!

Things like frag grenades are super annoying in that playlist. It makes me wonder, why did 343 take so much time implementing that playlist? Its just assault rifle spawns, grenade spawns, weapons on map, sprint, no ordinance. There might have been some iterations and all, okay let's give it a month, but for this long? It seems to overhyped for so little. I would have thought that legendary slayer would have taken advantage of the weapons tuning ability. Has anything other than the across-the-board changes taken advantage of it? Gah. I have 31 days, 22 hours, 40 minutes and 59 seconds of gametime in halo 4. I want this game to be awesome across the board...

On a positive note... that prefect looks awesome and I want to get it. I want forerunner armour! With the industrial lightrifle, the engine boltshot as well. To match my pulse grenade and autosentry. It'd be cool if there was an armour ability update. If the autosentry could go to places, that be cool. I like forerunner stuff.
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
1. The competition gallery screenshots are just jaw dropping good.

2. The community screenshots continue to impress.

3. Really appreciating the detail put into the championship updates, very precise and detailed.

4. You have to laugh (or go crazy otherwise) when the panel questions open up the release at hand drops by the wayside quickly and evolves into full blown Halo open forum Q&A, you all do well address fans and the franchise overall.

5. I can't wait to get my hands on Ricochet in matchmaking, yum!

6. Prefect you will be mine.

7. Fixes as always are lovingly taken for granted, thanks for the continued hard work.


Still one personal question...any news on 1-sided CTF? *crosses fingers
I wish I could take advantage of the 20 double xp codes, but sadly I'm already a sr130.Nice update anyway.I may try dominion again soon.
Well I have seen screenshots much more funny than these. "This is my new monoculars" for example is so stupid. Also "I can haz Piggyback ride?" is a little funny only if you read the line.
Musashi Orboro;2645242 wrote:
B is for Bravo;2645140 wrote:
The Little Moa;2645130 wrote:
Were the Lasers on Adrift in Legendary Slayer intentional or just a mistake?


Intentional. After reviewing community feedback, however, we've decided to switch them to Sniper Rifles to mimic similar Matchmaking experiences, as the two symmetrical rifles is not only familiar to current players, but also fits within the overall design of Legendary Slayer.


How are you determining what feedback to address? Spartan Lasers have been mentioned in the Legendary Slayer feedback thread 15 times. However, calls to disable sprint have been mentioned in the Legendary Slayer feedback thread well over 40 times.

What is it that makes some feedback more important than others?

If they take away sprint, then we will need new maps as the current maps are all designed for sprint. I don't want to play on forge maps all the time.
good changes on legendary slayer! thanks very much! love the playlist, without it my disc would still be collecting dust.

and on another note....what is frank o'connor doing at 343i still?
im sorry to say but tha ODST helmet is so ugly, why cant we have the H3 ODST game helmet :( loved tha armour on tha game, i do like however how youve added the back pack :)
Musashi Orboro;2645242 wrote:
B is for Bravo;2645140 wrote:
The Little Moa;2645130 wrote:
Were the Lasers on Adrift in Legendary Slayer intentional or just a mistake?


Intentional. After reviewing community feedback, however, we've decided to switch them to Sniper Rifles to mimic similar Matchmaking experiences, as the two symmetrical rifles is not only familiar to current players, but also fits within the overall design of Legendary Slayer.


How are you determining what feedback to address? Spartan Lasers have been mentioned in the Legendary Slayer feedback thread 15 times. However, calls to disable sprint have been mentioned in the Legendary Slayer feedback thread well over 40 times.

What is it that makes some feedback more important than others?
While I'm not happy with Sprint in Legendary Slayer, something like a weapon change (which has been proven to work well in other playlists) is something simple to fix, while removing Sprint for a playlist which was designed entirely with it in mind as well as the maps being created for Sprint.

You need to do extensive testing for different movement speeds which can take a little longer than the two weeks Legendary Slayer has been released.

Just keep asking for no Sprint and have a little patience, it'll happen eventually.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
Not so sure about the Lockdown changes. My team and I love the gametype as it is. I guess we will play and evaluate ...
12Next >2 Pages