Notification

Icon
Error

Our tournament announcement has been delayed. In the meantime, we want those of you who are attending RTX (Rooster Teeth Expo) this weekend to be able to practice and prepare for the tournament we are hosting on the show floor, so we have posted all of the information you need to know!

Check out the full article here.
Lobby size? 6 or 8?
Viral Elegy;2603982 wrote:
Lobby size? 6 or 8?

FFA matches will feature 8 players.
Do we need a 3-day RTX pass in order to participate? Because that Yoink! is going for $200+ on Ebay, man.
Crushy EDUCATES;2604003 wrote:
Do we need a 3-day RTX pass in order to participate? Because that Yoink! is going for $200+ on Ebay, man.

Yes, the tournament spans over all three days.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
Alright, last question. Will this tournament consist of the $500,000 prize pool?
I hope we can assume these will be the settings that are going to be used in the online portion right? Assuming that's still a thing.

Also why 8 players I seriously wonder if you guys even read the Rumble Pit feedback thread pretty much EVERY single post is asking to reduce the player count to six players that or you just ignore our feedback.
Crushy EDUCATES;2604041 wrote:
Alright, last question. Will this tournament consist of the $500,000 prize pool?

Nope, that's going to be the tournament this summer.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
The Little Moa;2604199 wrote:

Since you're not an actual 343i employee, I'll just question this statement. The RTX event will be holding a FFA tournament, and it is summer. Are you 100% sure about this?

Edit: Also, is this RTX tournament the qualifiers to the $500,000 tournament later this summer?
Crushy EDUCATES;2604212 wrote:
The Little Moa;2604199 wrote:

Since you're not an actual 343i employee, I'll just question this statement. The RTX event will be holding a FFA tournament, and it is summer. Are you 100% sure about this?

Edit: Also, is this RTX tournament the qualifiers to the $500,000 tournament later this summer?

Yes, the RTX tournament is indeed part of the entire summer tournament. As stated in the article, we'll have full details coming shortly - stay tuned!
Is there an age restriction? My son wants to do it and he's 14.