Notification

Icon
Error

NEWS: Halo 4 Matchmaking Update: 5.20.13

Today's Halo 4 Matchmaking update welcomes the addition of the Community Forge Island playlist, as well as some additional game modes to existing playlists.

Click here to read the entire article.
Is there going to be an explanation on why the maps in the forge playlist are missing pieces? And not only that but how it got past testing before the playlist went live?

I think it would honestly be best if the playlist is removed until the proper maps with all the pieces are added to the playlist. This makes me very weary about future updates...

Until the maps are replaced, it just makes forges look incompetent when they are not really at fault.

Really the very least you could do is inform the general population that the update was wrong, and that these maps are broken. I say amend the matchmaking update and do some additional PR, so people don't think the problems on these maps are intentional.
Slayer Pro in BTB?...less exile and rag and instead Complex?....Keep it up, you're gonna be out of the top 20 soon...
I'm not trying to be a downer here, but why does it take over half a year to not only recognize a problem in two of the most popular playlists, but also implement the wrong fix to the problems.

One thing I disliked the most about Slayer Pro was the blandness on most of the maps. The lack of variety in global static weapon spawns(By variety I mean lack of shotguns/snipers/rocket dynamic). If that part has been fixed it's great, but the problem with your update is, Slayer Pro should not be in the main social/casual Infinity Slayer and ISBTB.

No radar makes changes the general gameplay too much for many people, for instance most of the people who I play with are in their mid-40`s and don`t like that level of competition which no radar brings. What you are basically doing is putting Halo 3`s MLG gametypes into Social Slayer.

What I feel should have been done is simply bring in gametypes akin to Team Slayer, or at the very least Social Slayer from Halo 3. They are basically the same, except one being a bit more competitive over the other, but either of them are far more player-friendly.

Lastly, if Slayer Pro had a home to be in, it would be in Throwdown, not BTB and Infinity Slayer.

In other news, when can we hear word of Legendary Slayer? I have a couple friends which refuse to play Halo 4 until "They take AA's out and personal ordinance".

I've been telling them that Legendary Slayer is supposed to be similar to Team Slayer from Halo 3, though I honestly don't know anymore; I just want SOMETHING that plays like it's related, a brother even, to Halo 3's Social or Team Slayer.
"Complex removed from map rotation."
*looks up to the sky*
THANK YOU!
Is the 'Community Forge Island' CSR based on Individual Score or Team Win/Lose?

:P
Bring Back Complex!!!
Furiousn00b;2530679 wrote:
Is the 'Community Forge Island' CSR based on Individual Score or Team Win/Lose?

:P

Individual scoring
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
B is for Bravo;2529964 wrote:
NEWS: Halo 4 Matchmaking Update: 5.20.13

Today's Halo 4 Matchmaking update welcomes the addition of the Community Forge Island playlist, as well as some additional game modes to existing playlists.

Click here to read the entire article.

HONESTLY I DONT LIKE THE CHANGES THAT YOU ARE MAKING... CHANGIN TE PLAY EXPERIENCES.. SLAYER PRO?? WTF... I LOVE HALO AND PLAY INFINITY SLAYER.. BUT..THA CHANGES MAKE ME FEEL LIKE YOU JUST DONT CONECT WITH THE GAMERS FEEL... HOPE YOU GET IT BACK TO THE THINGS USE TO BE
I don't see any useful updates on that page. All they've done is ruin the play experience for split-screeners who moved to BTB (to avoid that dreadful map 'Complex') and made it harder for casual gamers to play Slayer.

This game is garbage until they realize they can't just throw gametypes into an established playlist, and the fact that they still won't address the frame-rate issues with a voluntary graphics patch for split screen users is ridiculous.

They're pretending to fix problems that don't exist and ignoring the ones that do. Can't wait until Destiny comes out and overshadows the blemish 343i has left on the Halo name.
You guys complaining about gametypes being added to the slayer playlists seem a little blind to me. These playlists need variety. Maybe slayer pro wasn't the best choice but it's a step in the right direction. Many many longtime die hard halo fans quit this game because everything new in infinity, for those players slayer pro is much easier to swallow, so maybe, finally we will start to see a slight population increase in this game even if it is just for a short while. Saying that the slayer playlists don't need a variety of gametypes is completely ingnorant of the population and other fans of this game.

I don't think slayer pro was necissarily the right choice for the casual playlists that are infinity slayer and BTIS though. We just need plain old team slayer to return, I I'm really starting to feel like 343 is just totally inept becuase they continue to fail to do this. There are too many random casuals to rely on call outs, so no radar simply doesn't work for non-competitve matchmaking, especially for BTB.

Take slayer pro: replace secondaries with automatics and add a motion tracker. Problem solved. Call it team slayer.

More casual players won't be as mad about it as pro. Pro players will be playing throwdown anyway so it's not as if they need and infinity slayer pro option, and players looking for a more default classic experience will finally have the best of what the current custom game options can offer. Seems simple to me.

Oh, i almost forgot! ADD weapons on the map to slayer pro and/or team slayer.
I don't think it's so much consternation over new variants being added to IS but rather the drastic difference between the two gametypes. I think had Pro gone elsewhere or if/when they reduce the weighting it'll be a little better.
Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
@misplacedyank
Will this be a temporary thing they do with us not starting with Loadouts (such as armor ability, ordnance drops, ability) on Big Team Infinity? Because I already miss the insurance I had knowing that I had a back up load out for any situation (snipers, enemy vehicles, ect.). I am not a huge fan of starting with so little when I am use to having so much mayhem happen on the battlefield of Halo 4. To be honest I have been a fan since Halo 1, and I loved the way the new set up was so it would be awesome if it could switched backed or updated!

You should have another Slayer section allowing people to choose what kind of Live gameplay they want. One with Loadouts, one without and based more on Slayer Pro (To have two kinds of Infinity Slayer other than just with the number of players would be great, make the old school and new school players happy). The new set up is really horrible, and I am considering not playing Halo anymore just because there is no variety on the maps, the fact that no Radar is on really is a disadvantage for anyone who isn't in a vehicle (kept getting sneaked up on and killed, so BS!), and when it comes down to it I am no longer enjoying Live.

Please bring it back to the way it was suppose to be, the way you released the game!!! (Also Lagging is still an issue that must be dealt with, I don't know how many rounds I have shot someone in the face for them not to die because of Lag. Really sucks!)

Just a concerned fan looking for some answers.
Sephr1x;2532329 wrote:
Will this be a temporary thing they do with us not starting with Loadouts (such as armor ability, ordnance drops, ability) on Big Team Infinity? Because I already miss the insurance I had knowing that I had a back up load out for any situation (snipers, enemy vehicles, ect.). I am not a huge fan of starting with so little when I am use to having so much mayhem happen on the battlefield of Halo 4. To be honest I have been a fan since Halo 1, and I loved the way the new set up was so it would be awesome if it could switched backed or updated!

You can still choose your own loadouts when the Infinity gametype is chosen and not Slayer Pro.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
Absolutely agree...this is a bad choice...last times I played, felt like on reach when i ned an skill to run. Slayer pro added...goodbye to skills, less variety of weapons on equipements...think this is what makes halo 4 a great One, . Keep on, you Will be on the ranking...this two weeks... This makes the game lost variety actually.
The update is CRAP. Instead of adding new weapons or doing something new you brought back something of old and have forced it on upon the Infinity TDM. The update of Slayer Pro being an option ALL THE TIME has taken the individuality of the custom loadout out of the game, and has made everyone the same with no radar and all the same loadouts. Sounds like a communist manifesto to me. So not only is 343 "studios" an uninventive developer they are communists and totalitarian for such forced implementation of such heinous matchplay. Why not just offer Pro in another lobby? If people like it and think it is the future of Halo then let them play in their own lobby and lead the charge, and Let the nubers in the lobby speak for the favor of the game type. But I have a feeling that regular infinity slayer and BT Slayer will have the dominante numbers. MOVE PRO TO ANOTHER LOBBY or LOSE MORE PLAYERS. Every pro game is in jeopardy of running out of time before the game has ended and that is wrong and SUPER BORING. I dont play this game to dedicate 10 minuets to hunting a team or being hunted becuase of your swiss cheese online matchmaking that has existed since the start. I am angry and will not be playing this game much longer if things do not change. BOO 343 BOO. If I could, i would love to send some game tape over to the developers so they can watch the absolutely monotonous games i have played since this upadte has dropped and then I'll vote on whether they have to watch it again.
I am extremely dissatisfied with what is going on with the matchmaking and forge map updates lately. Right now if you go in to infinity slayer, if your lucky you will get to play infinity slayer on one of the 343 created maps maybe once an hour. The other 98% of the time you are stuck with no choice but slayer pro (which is puzzling every time this has been its own playlist about 2% people play it)

Stuck playing some terrible forged maps full of glitches like simplex. Jump 2 feet in the air and you suicide, or if you jump in the wrong place, there is a glitch that causes your feet to stick to objects and not move very fast.

Please create a seperate playlist for forge maps/slayer pro. I cant stand them and now I get no option at all to play infinity slayer on the regular maps. I think in the last week ive got to play infinity slayer once on haven, instead i am forced to play on the forged with pro settings
Completely agree with you 100%. I find myself avoiding Halo now and playing lousy microsoft arcade games