Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
NEWS: Halo 4 Matchmaking Update: 5.6.13

Today's Halo 4 Matchmaking update welcomes the addition of new maps into existing playlists, as well as some other fixes and optimization across various game modes.

Click here to read the entire article.
When I got on earlier today, Episode 6 of Matchmaking was available in Spartan Ops and not Episode 5.

Is this going to be corrected anytime soon or are we just going to flat out skip Episode 5 in the encore?

Apologies if this issue has already been corrected.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
We're working on this now and expect to have Episode 5 available today. Thanks!
4 thanks for this post
B is for Bravo;2503170 wrote:
We're working on this now and expect to have Episode 5 available today. Thanks!

Thanks for the info!
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
The Playlists page should be updated to incorporate the changes.
Plastic Hassle;2503665 wrote:
The Playlists page should be updated to incorporate the changes.


We've got the Waypoint team working on updating with appropriate changes. Thanks!
Why did you remove the Grunt Birthday Party Effect from Fiesta Classic? Was there complaints? That was fun.
Fraidy Cat 5;2503752 wrote:
Why did you remove the Grunt Birthday Party Effect from Fiesta Classic? Was there complaints? That was fun.


Oh yes. Lots of complaints.
Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
@misplacedyank
Fraidy Cat 5;2503752 wrote:
Why did you remove the Grunt Birthday Party Effect from Fiesta Classic? Was there complaints? That was fun.



Pew Pew Pew YAY! BOOM YAY! Pew Pew YAY! YAY! YAY!

It was never a good idea. lol
Fraidy Cat 5;2503752 wrote:
Why did you remove the Grunt Birthday Party Effect from Fiesta Classic? Was there complaints? That was fun.

Hooray!

I agree, it was goofy and fun while it lasted and I'm sorry to see it go.
Fraidy Cat 5;2503752 wrote:
Why did you remove the Grunt Birthday Party Effect from Fiesta Classic? Was there complaints? That was fun.

It was probably louder than any other sound in the game, it was deafening to be honest.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
I didn't realize people didn't like the sound/effect of GBP. It just seemed to me that it fit, seeing as this is Action Sack, after all.

And before any Grammar Nazi's get me, I meant to say "Were there complaints?" instead of "Was there complaints?" in my earlier post.
Fraidy Cat 5;2503922 wrote:
I didn't realize people didn't like the sound/effect of GBP. It just seemed to me that it fit, seeing as this is Action Sack, after all.

And before any Grammar Nazi's get me, I meant to say "Were there complaints?" instead of "Was there complaints?" in my earlier post.

The main complaint was how loud it was, not the effect itself. I loved it in Halo: Reach because you couldn't hear it across Haven for example at max volume.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
In the next Matchmaking update you guys should remove custom load-outs from Big Team. This would eliminate the problem we have with players spawning with plasma pistols/plasma grenade combo, which is killing vehicle game-play. Replace this with game-types that are: BR Starts, DMR Starts, or AR Starts.

This would allow more "Halo like" vehicle game-play. Of course you would have to add weapons on the map that spawn in set locations at set times. Gee, that is such a good idea, I don't know why it was never in Halo, oh wait, it was in every Halo except this one.

Also this would improve player's map movement on Big Team games, because it would encourage the use of something other than the DMR, thus players would not be DMRed to death constantly upon re-spawn. In fact, these changes would cause the use of weapons to be more versatile, making this not the "one gun game" that it currently is.

Encouraging more variety makes the game more interesting, more fun and less boring. This is the most boring Halo ever. Run around with the DMR, shoot, die, re-spawn instantly, repeat. It gets old fast folks. Come to think of it, maybe these changes should be implemented in all game types, and the whole Infinity game-type, with the personal ordinance and such, and personal load-outs should be scrapped.
2 thanks for this post
Possum84;2504018 wrote:
In the next Matchmaking update you guys should remove custom load-outs from Big Team. This would eliminate the problem we have with players spawning with plasma pistols/plasma grenade combo, which is killing vehicle game-play. Replace this with game-types that are: BR Starts, DMR Starts, or AR Starts.

This would allow more "Halo like" vehicle game-play. Of course you would have to add weapons on the map that spawn in set locations at set times. Gee, that is such a good idea, I don't know why it was never in Halo, oh wait, it was in every Halo except this one.

Also this would improve player's map movement on Big Team games, because it would encourage the use of something other than the DMR, thus players would not be DMRed to death constantly upon re-spawn. In fact, these changes would cause the use of weapons to be more versatile, making this not the "one gun game" that it currently is.

Encouraging more variety makes the game more interesting, more fun and less boring. This is the most boring Halo ever. Run around with the DMR, shoot, die, re-spawn instantly, repeat. It gets old fast folks. Come to think of it, maybe these changes should be implemented in all game types, and the whole Infinity game-type, with the personal ordinance and such, and personal load-outs should be scrapped.

IIRC, the Matchmaking team have stated they are interested in working with BTB.net to possibly get their settings in Matchmaking in the near future and I'm sure that Plasma grenades & pistols won't be options in loadouts for those gametypes.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
The Little Moa;2504024 wrote:
[quote=Possum84;2504018]
IIRC, the Matchmaking team have stated they are interested in working with BTB.net to possibly get their settings in Matchmaking in the near future and I'm sure that Plasma grenades & pistols won't be options in loadouts for those gametypes.


Sounds like a fantastic idea. Vehicles are such a large part of the Halo experience and it's sad to see how ineffective they are in Halo 4. Glad to see they are getting some love from 343i.
What I don't understand is why all these different game types keep getting cool new maps while Big Team Infinity Slayer, which consistently has several thousand more players at any given time, has only gotten Settler since Halo 4 was released. There are so many large maps that have been kept out of the BTIS lineup and honestly I cant think of why. The Castle DLC game type barely has enough active players to even warrant its existence, with two out of three of those maps being perfect candidates to be dropped into BTIS.
I understand that the new maps incentive is used to attract players to the other game types, but the numbers simply don't lie. Some of us (usually more than population of all the other game types combined) actually like blowing up vehicles, so please oh please give us some new maps too.
Is there any Chance on Getting a flythrough Or any Other Kind of overview for the New added forge Maps?
Also please add at least some Ghosts on Settler. The Map is screaming for some splatter Action (in general vehicular gameplay)

WTH? Why?? Why add slayer pro to BTB?? Why not make a BTB pro list instead and leave BTB alone, I freaking hate that change and so do about 20 of my friends that play this playlist exclusively. You keep making changes in the hopes that you will retain the number of players that still play, but all you are doing is giving them a reason to stop playing altogether...COME ON! You keep making the wrong decisions here. It has not even been a year since this game came out and the playlists are practically deserted. Take a lesson from Halo 3, two years after it came out it still had a huge number of people playing online. Leave the more successful playlists alone and instead tweak the ones that are not doing so well. BTB is becoming nothing more than a rush in and throw grenades type of game reminiscent of COD garbage. Why even have custom loadouts if every freaking map selection now seems to have slayer pro as the only option? I tried playing and kept getting the same game types, when regular infinity slayer map is an option everyone selects it no matter what the map is...this should tell you something. BTB players don't like it, the only ones that may enjoy it are the ones who play regular slayer as it more closely resembles their style of play which is....run in guns blazing and lob grenades!!!
The only maps I am getting for BTB are Shatter, Vortex and Wreckage now. None of which I like, and at least 2/3 of them are Slayer Pro every time. It's too bad, I was having a lot of fun with BTB until this update and now I am not interested in playing at all.
12Next >2 Pages