Notification

Icon
Error

< Previous12345Next >5 Pages
This would definitely be better than nothing in game.
Str8 theoryyy;2418600 wrote:
LEGENDdm654;2418471 wrote:
Someone already suggested and idea like this before, and Bs angel personally said that it was a good idea but mentioned UI limitations and lack of time. Sorry.

what you are saying is through the eyes of 343i, my mock up is proof that there is room, and my knowledge of coding leads me to believe that its very possible (3 months of work tops) to roll this out in a TU.

What i am saying is that they will not do it.
GeorgiaKushMan;2418985 wrote:
Someone already suggested and idea like this before, and Bs angel personally said that it was a good idea but mentioned UI limitations and lack of time. Sorry.

Bs Angel is BSing you guys. lol

I thought it was bs when i read it. i am just saying that others have brought up similar ideas and have been shot down
LEGENDdm654;2419183 wrote:
GeorgiaKushMan;2418985 wrote:

Bs Angel is BSing you guys. lol

I thought it was bs when i read it. i am just saying that others have brought up similar ideas and have been shot down

shot down because they dont bring the ace in the hole. I have trumped their technical limitations BS, that is where my idea is different. If you read the thread properly, you would have seen this. you most likely TL;DR'd
I really like this idea, and don't really see any reason this could fail.

I wish 343i would atleast reply to this.
CON3Z;2420266 wrote:
I really like this idea, and don't really see any reason this could fail.

I wish 343i would atleast reply to this.

they wont reply to it until they can come up with some new -Yoink!- excuse, like they are too broke to pay the coding team to make it happen.
Ok so yesterday I tweeted Bsangel for you guys and the people over at /r/HaloCompetitive.

She responded Here

I would have posted this sooner but I've been on my phone and finally was able to hop on my PC to post this properly.
My theory is that there are no technical and UI limitations. I think 343i is fully capable of implementing an in-game ranking system but they don't want to because the people running the company don't understand the importance of Halo's competitive environment. At the GDC Panel a representative said "We want to make Halo more accessible and easier to succeed at" and "Halo always had a steep learning curve that threw players off, we wanted to change that". These suggest that it was never their intention to include ranks in Halo 4.

They're just saying it's not possible so it'll appear as though they're "in touch" with their community, pretending they want ranks just as badly as we do, while getting us to shut up about ranks. This is my theory, of course. I'll know I'm right when Halo 5 doesn't have ranks and they use the same "UI limitations" excuse, as if they didn't have plenty of time to correct it and learn from previous mistakes. Halo 5 will determine whether or not I leave the Halo franchise forever.
Zhins;2420991 wrote:
My theory is that there are no technical and UI limitations. I think 343i is fully capable of implementing an in-game ranking system but they don't want to because the people running the company don't understand the importance of Halo's competitive environment. At the GDC Panel a representative said "We want to make Halo more accessible and easier to succeed at" and "Halo always had a steep learning curve that threw players off, we wanted to change that". These suggest that it was never their intention to include ranks in Halo 4.

They're just saying it's not possible so it'll appear as though they're "in touch" with their community, pretending they want ranks just as badly as we do, while getting us to shut up about ranks. This is my theory, of course. I'll know I'm right when Halo 5 doesn't have ranks and they use the same "UI limitations" excuse, as if they didn't have plenty of time to correct it and learn from previous mistakes. Halo 5 will determine whether or not I leave the Halo franchise forever.

I am 100% honest when I say I will not purchase Halo 5 if a VIGSR does not show up in 4. I spent $100 on 4, $150 on reach and I believe $75 on Halo 3. The games have gotten more expensive and only worse over time.

I cant believe I spent $100 on halo 4 and got literally nothing at all for it, but thats a rant for a different day.
Edited by Moderator - Please do not call out or flame/attack individuals.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.
Str8 theoryyy;2421021 wrote:

Threatening and insulting 343 Staff solves nothing and makes them ignore this. The only way for them to work with us is to be civil. Just sayin.

I understand that wasn't the response you wanted but wait until she looks into it before we get the "pitchforks" lol.
The only drawback that I see is the fact that the Specialization Code is written to be progressive and thus it wouldn't de-rank a player once a rank is earned. If I am a 30 that has been playing like a 25 for a few days, it would still show me as a 30. How hard is it to change that code?

Also, sorry if someone already asked that question.
FuelledSpirit;2413206 wrote:
I'm just going to put my CSR as my spartan ID, as I've heard somebody else say on here. Everybody should do the same. Then not only will we be able to see a rank in game, but above players heads in matches.

Clever idea. The only problems:
1) One would have to check and switch their CSR between every match (annoying and time-consuming)
2) Players in a match would have similar CSR numbers so calling out IDs would add a bit of confusion.

But I must say, this is a unique idea that I would use(even given the minor issues I highlighted).
Str8 theoryyy;2421014 wrote:
Zhins;2420991 wrote:

I am 100% honest when I say I will not purchase Halo 5 if a VIGSR does not show up in 4. I spent $100 on 4, $150 on reach and I believe $75 on Halo 3. The games have gotten more expensive and only worse over time.

I cant believe I spent $100 on halo 4 and got literally nothing at all for it, but thats a rant for a different day.

I am impressed that bsangel is going to take a look at your idea. I congratulate you on your efforts for this community. I understand your feelings, but we all now that the chances of halo 4 getting visible ranks this late is very unlikely. I believe that halo 5 is halo 5, and that what they plan to do with it and learning from their mistakes should determine whether or not it is bought not a rank for a previous game.
LEGENDdm654;2421806 wrote:
Str8 theoryyy;2421014 wrote:
Zhins;2420991 wrote:

I am impressed that bsangel is going to take a look at your idea. I congratulate you on your efforts for this community. I understand your feelings, but we all now that the chances of halo 4 getting visible ranks this late is very unlikely. I believe that halo 5 is halo 5, and that what they plan to do with it and learning from their mistakes should determine whether or not it is bought not a rank for a previous game.

thank you sir. The reality of this game is that if 343i does not do something NOW, nobody will trust them to purchase 5. I honestly believe that. The younger generation does not buy halo, they buy call of duty. WE grew up with halo on XBL, we are the ones that will continue the franchise, it should be at minimum 200k-250k people online playing. What 343i has done to the game has dragged this down to 40k, I think team deathmatch in call of duty has 40k on a wednesday at 2pm.

To end that rant and get to my point, they really really need to look into the mirror and nip this in the butt now. Dont give us a "we will fix this in 5" BS comment. They need to fix this game NOW, before the summer hits. If you fix this game before summer you are
A: Showing you care enough about the community to step up and deliver
B: Giving us the piece of mind that when its time to purchase 5, you really do understand what the community wants, and you will work hard to make it happen.

its so obvious that I have a hard time believing them when they say anything anymore. Seriously, Halo is my favorite game franchise ever, and to see a company take over and completely ruin it is like a knife to the heart. Its really hard to say these things, and yet I continue to have faith. I even do their job for them in the form of this thread, I seriously spend time out of my day to come up with ideas on how to fix their blunder.

I seriously believe that VISGR and some playlist tweaking will double if not triple the population, and put more money in 343is pockets. They wont understand how wrong they were until the accountant calls and lets them know they are going to get some nice fat bonus checks come december.
NIGHTSHADExx86;2421217 wrote:
The only drawback that I see is the fact that the Specialization Code is written to be progressive and thus it wouldn't de-rank a player once a rank is earned. If I am a 30 that has been playing like a 25 for a few days, it would still show me as a 30. How hard is it to change that code?

Also, sorry if someone already asked that question.

I think that since the specializations are updated online and in game at the same time the CSR would be as well if it replaced the specs.

If 343 were to add the rank into the specialization spot and it's online as well, it would most likely rank up and down with the online stats.

I have to agree with Str8 theoryyy. I am a software developer and I write code for a living. The fact that this is a "UI Limitation" and that it's "too difficult" is utter !-Yoink-! and is a total lie. It's not that they can't do it, it's that they won't. Heck, not knowing the code at all, I'd estimate it would take me a MAX of 2 months to get it working, and that's including learning the code.

Now imagine that for the people who actually know wrote the code. Yeah, makes your stomach churn. The only reason they haven't done it yet is because either they don't plan on doing it, they're hiring coders who lie to them and they believe them, or they're hiring coders who are terrible at what they do. I don't mean to offend anybody, but seriously, anyone who codes for a living knows that these so called "UI Limitations" are simply false.
SC Nelson;2423114 wrote:
I have to agree with Str8 theoryyy. I am a software developer and I write code for a living. The fact that this is a "UI Limitation" and that it's "too difficult" is utter !-Yoink-! and is a total lie. It's not that they can't do it, it's that they won't. Heck, not knowing the code at all, I'd estimate it would take me a MAX of 2 months to get it working, and that's including learning the code.

Now imagine that for the people who actually know wrote the code. Yeah, makes your stomach churn. The only reason they haven't done it yet is because either they don't plan on doing it, they're hiring coders who lie to them and they believe them, or they're hiring coders who are terrible at what they do. I don't mean to offend anybody, but seriously, anyone who codes for a living knows that these so called "UI Limitations" are simply false.

Well, that's good to hear, but I'd like to think they're not lying to us.
I would totally be for this idea. Guaranteed it won't happen but it's still a nice mock up you made.
Probably already said, but if they could patch in the word 'Mastery' on the your player card, they can patch in your CSR rank also. Simply put 'CSR: [variable for CSR rank that references your rank from the server and fetches it]'.
< Previous12345Next >5 Pages