Notification

Icon
Error

Halo 4 TU Change List 3.28.13

The 3.28.13 Halo 4 Title Update is live!

Click here to read the entire article.
But bravo, [:(] this X is not what people wanted.

Here is what people wanted.

1. •A red X (this is for visibility, halo 4 has a lot of white and it can get lost if its white on white)

2. •The X to be static, as in it stays at the location where players die (this is so people can say, shotgun enemy on my X. If you get shotgunned off the map, your body will fall and team mates can't know where the x is)

3. •The duration of the X to be longer, as long as the one on the motion tracker would be good. (This is because the X disappears too quickly right now. If you're looking at the red base in monolith and a team mate looks dies at the blue base and says rockets on my x. By the time you turn, it will be gone.)

I hope this gets fixed Bravo. [:(]
Think of it this way: if something is released and doesn't work too well, aren't there meetings and don't people want to avoid meetings? So by making stuff right, less meetings! But I guess there needs to be a meeting for this again... [:(]

I also hope the backend weapon tuning will be done accordingly and that the data provided from your servers will help as well as player feedback.

Thank you.
Official Waypoint Squeaker!
Principles and ethics
E♥A A+S
While I am happy that the X-Markers have been implemented, unfortunately I think 343 Industries has really missed the mark (no pun intended).

I am fine with the marker being white, not a huge issue to me. However, I very adamantly do not like these new X-Markers. Here are the 2 main reasons:

First, it seems silly to me that the X-Marker should follow the body, which could be shot away by a rocket or off a cliff. It would be much more simple and serving of the X-Markers purpose to have a static X-Marker. I understand that possibly there were some programming issues with this. However, if that is not the case, I would very much like for it to change.

Secondly, the more important of the two, the X-Marker does not stay visible for long enough. It seems to stay maybe a second or a second and a half before fading out. This is entirely against the point of the X-Marker. The reason the community wants the X-Marker is so we can see where the battle is going on in the battlefield. Being able to see where your teammates just died is imperative to this. Hence, having the X-Marker disappear so quickly does not get the job done. If someone shouts "One Shot On My X!", in most cases it would appear that the X-Marker would already be gone before teammates could see it.

This would not seem to be a programming issue as it is clear that a set time to fade out has already been implemented with this TU.

Without this kind of X-Marker, it's very difficult to be aware of what's going on in the battlefield other than sound and mic communication. In past Halo games, even the your teammates waypoint would light up when they fired their gun, showing other teammates that they were shooting someone or were near the enemy.

The Halo community wanted the X-Marker from past Halo games, that would be static upon death and would last at least 4-5 seconds. I am extremely disheartened by the path 343 Industries has chosen to take concerning the X-Marker and truly hope that a change can be made as soon as possible.

Also, I guess backend tuning hasn't been implemented with this TU as it wasn't on the change list that was posted? Some clarification would be nice.

Thank you for your time and please take my post to heart. I've always been rooting for you, 343 Industries, I want you to succeed. This X-Marker addition has really been a blow to my faith in you, I hope you can restore it.
Does this mean that:
A-the gauss warthog won't dominate as much
B-I won't spawn with an assault rifle in flood
C-I'm not going to be told that my ordnance is a Splaser when it's a sticky nade.
Has there been any word when the Matchmaking system will stop pulling 6-player lobbies apart into 4v2 matches? It's infuriating to have it happen without fail every time the number of players dwindles in the pregame lobby. Hell, the 5-player split of 4v1 is even more infuriating.
RoundMantella93;2404250 wrote:
Does this mean that:
A-the gauss warthog won't dominate as much

The Gauss Hog Cannon's damage, auto-aim, and magnetism have been reduced for balance reasons. While the vehicle's weapon is still a viable strategic option, it will no longer be as powerful or dominant as before.
Tag and Frag;2404298 wrote:
Has there been any word when the Matchmaking system will stop pulling 6-player lobbies apart into 4v2 matches? It's infuriating to have it happen without fail every time the number of players dwindles in the pregame lobby. Hell, the 5-player split of 4v1 is even more infuriating.

I think that's because the teams are set up before anyone has a chance to back out or vote for a map, so it's just bad luck when 3 players quit from one team. I cannot understate the frustration I have with this lobby issue.
Did we lose the weapon balancing hotfix ability that was supposed to be included or is that change list just incomplete?
Funny... there was a 7th item listed on 3/20.. that was kind of important:

"Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning"
Veive257;2404408 wrote:

That still stands. This gives them the ability to alter the sandbox in weekly MM updates without needing a whole TU. I'm pretty sure they said that weapon adjustments won't happen in this TU, but we should expect to see some in the coming weeks.
Veive257;2404408 wrote:

A very important item indeed - it has been added to this list as well. Thanks for the catch!
Dear Bravo,

Thanks for the "X". It's a great addition. :-) I too, though, have noticed that the "X" does not stay long enough. It would be good if the "X" stayed until the downed teammate respawned. This would not only allow teammates to more easily find the "X" and find the action and the weapons that would have been dropped in that location, but it would also allow you to know that your teammate is still down and that he/she has not respawned back in yet. Once the teammate respawns back in, that's when the "X" should go away. :-)

Thanks!
Hoonerbean;2406045 wrote:
Dear Bravo,

Once the teammate respawns back in, that's when the "X" should go away. :-)

Thanks!

I think that's pretty much how it works except we have instant respawn so that's why it disappears so quickly :/