Notification

Icon
Error

Halo 4 Matchmaking Update: 3.4.13

This week, we are proud to introduce the Extraction playlist, as well as several other tweaks and Matchmaking improvements.

Click here to read the entire article
Sweet merciful Bravo. Thank you so much for including a small JIP window in Team Throwdown. I was getting absolutely sick and tired of players backing out of a game before it even started.

Also really excited to see the Extraction playlist and the revamped CTF maps.
Nice to see the community concerns reflected in an update! Looking forward to hitting the Extraxtion playlist tonight.
Thanks for the update, Bravo. You've been on a roll ever since you joined the 343 staff. Keep up the good work!
Great idea for the JIP window Bravo.

Although this doesnt address the original problem, which is that the next pre-game lobby starts waaaay too early.

After a game, I want to check my stats, see how I went, how my team went, commendations etc. However by the time I finish with this, the pre-game lobby has already started, with players already locked in. I didnt want to play another game in this playlist (or maybe Im finished for the night) so I back out. Its allowed, as I havent voted for a map yet.

That is the main problem.

If you allow people to back out of lobbies before they vote for a map, then they could see who they are playing, how good they are, and decide whether they want to play A) against better players or B)on the map which has been voted for by others.

If they don't like the selections/enemies, then they back out, giving a hug disadvantage to the remaining people on the team they quit. It's not fun at all.

I hate to say this, but previous games have had it fine. Give a 15-20 second window for players to check their stats and back out, then close off the lobby for a new game, where noone can back out unless they go to Dashboard, turn off the Xbox or whatever. If there arent enough players, then search for more.

The number of times I've started a game with 4 people on my team and 0 on the other is quite a few. The game ends as soon as it begins!

TL;DR Extend post-game lobby times, and prevent backing out once the pre-game lobby has been locked in.
Thanks for finally putting a gametype into matchmaking almost half a year after the game was released.
Too bad I've already traded in my copy.
still missing variety in all playlists. its almost a joke how boring halo 4 is not to mention how annoying it is to have to switch playlists just to play a different gametype with the downside of having so few players btb needs to return
Friends as a beloved halo fan please don't be a halo follower be a bungie follower and supporter. I am sad to say now that 343 has molded are loved halo into what they think could be the next step has turn into halos fall and farewell! There was told much on this plate for 343 to just take over as it now and has started to show. I will ask you this. Did bungie ever disappoint us when it came to story, gameplay, match making, skill and fun? Now ask yourself the same about 343? As we all know destiny is the new title bungie has in store for the world. They also have teamed up with the publishers from call of duty. Witch now sells more than halo! So if your taking the two top publishers of first person shooters and team them up to make one game together, well how amazing do you think that game will be? Don't forget halo and remember it has the halo bungie made not this hot mess 343 thinks is great those -Yoinking!- -Yoinks!-!
How's about we have another update where the voting system is changed to veto system so the only map we play isn't exile or ragnarok. Please
Can we please remove the community forge maps until you include better textures for the building blocks. The maps look like -Yoink!-. As if everyone ran out of paint or wall paper so we're left with everything looking like drywall. They are beyond ugly. Added to that is the general horrible layout.

I have only liked ONE forge map and it was one I played on last night. It's on a cliff side. The outdoor stuff looks fantastic. But as usual, the structures look like ultimate crap.

If you don't want to get rid of them, use them in their own playlists so that I'm not forced to play them because they are the only 3 maps that come up for a vote.

Not a SINGLE Forge map, even the poorly designed ones from Reach and Halo 3 looked as disgusting as these maps.
DUS Xenharmonic;2346668 wrote:

That is the main problem.

If you allow people to back out of lobbies before they vote for a map, then they could see who they are playing, how good they are, and decide whether they want to play A) against better players or B)on the map which has been voted for by others.

If they don't like the selections/enemies, then they back out, giving a hug disadvantage to the remaining people on the team they quit. It's not fun at all.

The number of times I've started a game with 4 people on my team and 0 on the other is quite a few. The game ends as soon as it begins!

TL;DR Extend post-game lobby times, and prevent backing out once the pre-game lobby has been locked in.

Not allowing people to back out will only delay the inevitable. They'll quit when the game starts or dashboard the game.
Blu3Lit3Sp3cial;2347673 wrote:
Friends as a beloved halo fan please don't be a halo follower be a bungie follower and supporter. I am sad to say now that 343 has molded are loved halo into what they think could be the next step has turn into halos fall and farewell! There was told much on this plate for 343 to just take over as it now and has started to show. I will ask you this. Did bungie ever disappoint us when it came to story, gameplay, match making, skill and fun? Now ask yourself the same about 343? As we all know destiny is the new title bungie has in store for the world. They also have teamed up with the publishers from call of duty. Witch now sells more than halo! So if your taking the two top publishers of first person shooters and team them up to make one game together, well how amazing do you think that game will be? Don't forget halo and remember it has the halo bungie made not this hot mess 343 thinks is great those -Yoinking!- -Yoinks!-!

I'm going to provide a very simple defense of 343 taking over Halo. Without them taking over Halo, there would be no more Halo.

I'm happy with the work they have done and happy to see the Halo story continue.

And I'll be happy to see Bungie make a new game too.
NinjaKirby1322;2346416 wrote:
Sweet merciful Bravo. Thank you so much for including a small JIP window in Team Throwdown. I was getting absolutely sick and tired of players backing out of a game before it even started.

Also really excited to see the Extraction playlist and the revamped CTF maps.

but this wont stop the game from starting with lop sided teams. It would be nice if the game would just be put on pause at the start if its lop sided and wait for it to fill up before it starts.

On another note, most the time people get stuck in lobbys because they just finished a game and get locked into a new one so fast they dont have time to look at their stats or anything. Some times you finish a game and you auto-locked into another game which sucks because you might want to play with a friend who just got on or play some thing else. I know people dont start up games just to get a DNF, they get those DNFs because most have little choice in the matter.