Notification

Icon
Error

Halo 4 File Browser on Waypoint Web

We are happy to announce that we have just rolled out new features for your Halo 4 Waypoint experience! Now you can add your in-game creations, as well as track and share your favorite works of art made by your friends and fellow Halo 4 players. Take a look at some of the new offerings that are now available.

Click here to read the entire article
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

I for one am absolutely ECSTATIC that the file browser is finally here! How I've missed you so. :') I like what you've done as far as the interface goes too. Very user friendly. Keep it this way please. :)
This is horrendous. First off there's no way to link to the files online. Second there is no way to know how many downloads there have been. Keep working and when you make it the way Bungie had it let us know!

This is by going to my fileshare btw There is no add file option! There is no count of downloads.
If we cannot link to the file on the web from other websites then this thing is useless!!! Likes are great and all but barely anybody usually clicks it, download amounts are what tell developers whats popular not likes!

Hello. 343, I am very glad you were able to get this feature on the website. I realize it is very hard to get everything in at launch. So thanks! I do have one question though. I'm sure you can't talk about this, but are you planning on including Campaign Theater and Scoring in future Halo games? I speak for all the speedrunning, tricking, jumping, high-scoring, and other communities when I say we need this. Thank you.
I can click on my file share videos but cannot watch, am i missing something or is this feature not here yet?
Forum Team;2332276 wrote:
We are happy to announce that we have just rolled out new features for your Halo 4 Waypoint experience! Now you can add your in-game creations, as well as track and share your favorite works of art made by your friends and fellow Halo 4 players.

Do you have any plans for allowing us to render film clips? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would greatly appreciate that feature which was available for Halo 3 and Halo: Reach.

I believe it was possible to press a "Download to xbox" type button, even on waypoint's version of the fileshare for halo reach files. Did y'all move that button around or hide it someplace else? Or maybe was that way too convenient and wouldn't fit with the rest of the design philosophy?

Though it is nice to have recent screenshots maybe working.
Reaper3bot0;2333969 wrote:
First off there's no way to link to the files online.
This is a little convoluted (which I agree is an issue), but here's how to get a link to a file:

1. Click the file to full-view it.
2. Copy the now-very-bloated URL in your Address Bar.
3. Paste that URL into a new tab and go to it.
4. The URL will shorten itself to something more manageable as the page loads.
5. Copy that new, shortened URL.

Reaper3bot0;2333969 wrote:
Second there is no way to know how many downloads there have been.
Confirmed: download counts are only shown for screenshots. How strange.

TrueFlyingCow;2335484 wrote:
I believe it was possible to press a "Download to xbox" type button, even on waypoint's version of the fileshare for halo reach files. Did y'all move that button around or hide it someplace else?
This feature is being worked on.

hey thanks for this option its great that we can share our creations.

im having an issue though, ive tried many times to download a couple of flies (gametype and map varient) that go together, but they dont seem to be making it to my xbox. I have tried it with my xbox both on and off and haven't been able to find them in my files. is this a rights management issue? my xbox was replaced with a refirbished one but halo reach files worked? i have assigned the rights management to my current xbox recently because i noticed items i redeemed on xbox.com wouldn't directly download but that transfer seems to have resolved that issue. any help, tips would be appreciated thanks.