Notification

Icon
Error

This week the Team Snipers playlist returns new and improved, Team Objective premieres for the first time, and Team Doubles receives some updates.

Click here to read the entire article
Awesome news. Good to see you on the team Bravo! We expect good things out of you with matchmaking. No instant respawn in Doubles is awesome.
I'm new the the Halo universe, but why is instant respawn a bad thing..? I'm in the game to play. I know that getting killed is a part of that experience, and since I'm not anywhere near as good as most others, that happens a lot. Yet, I want to get right back into the game...not sit there while some timer counts down.
Only one thing needs to be added to Team Snipers..MOAR BEAM RIFLE!!! The greatest snapshot(no scoping) weapon ever made...love it. Would love a human sniper/Beam secondary load out, of course almost no one would use the human sniper at that point....
MarathonMan1959;2274645 wrote:
I'm new the the Halo universe, but why is instant respawn a bad thing..? I'm in the game to play. I know that getting killed is a part of that experience, and since I'm not anywhere near as good as most others, that happens a lot. Yet, I want to get right back into the game...not sit there while some timer counts down.

Instaspawn is simply not Halo, plus that death cam provides an opportunity to still call out to your team mates where the enemy is and where they are going. Plus, it is frustrating in Doubles to get a double kill on the other team and then they instaspawn and get you before your shields can recharge....
I've read a few posts about this now, and understand. The VERY experienced players count on the "death penalty" to make their strategies work. It isn't enough that they bounce around like demented rabbits and seem to win nearly every firefight when shields are even...now they want me to sit out for a few seconds so they can "regroup"...? Sorry, but this sounds a lot like "Poor me...now I can't completely dominate the game against players with less ability than myself". Oh well, at least I understand why the stink is being raised. I still like the instant respawn though...if you are that good, just kill me again. :-)
MarathonMan1959;2274758 wrote:
I've read a few posts about this now, and understand. The VERY experienced players count on the "death penalty" to make their strategies work. It isn't enough that they bounce around like demented rabbits and seem to win nearly every firefight when shields are even...now they want me to sit out for a few seconds so they can "regroup"...? Sorry, but this sounds a lot like "Poor me...now I can't completely dominate the game against players with less ability than myself". Oh well, at least I understand why the stink is being raised. I still like the instant respawn though...if you are that good, just kill me again. :-)

I understand what you are saying, its just that this is the first time Halo has ever had instaspawn and it really changes the flow of the game we have become accustomed to the past 10 years. I think having instaspawn in Big Team is a must...I don't mind it in Infinity Slayer, but removing it from Doubles is a very good thing.
Instant respawn fits some playlists and game types very well, but as with other game features, may not fit as well in others. Some game types work best with instant respawn, others with 3, and other with 7 or 10 second respawn - we're happy that we can offer different respawn times across various playlists and game types to create the best gameplay experiences.
As a person with software development experience, as well as just being a new player, I wanted to make one thing clear. I TRULY appreciate all the hard work that has been put into this game, and all the options to tweak it here and there as an AMAZING plus to the game. This has brought me many, many hours of enjoyment thus far, and like anything else, once my skill level improves, my outlook on this issue (and many others no doubt) will change. Thank you for making a great game !!!!
Great points there...thanks for your insight :-)