Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»37 Pages
As we first told you in the 12.12.12 Halo Bulletin, ( http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/12/12/The-Halo-Bulletin-121212.aspx ) we have been hard at work on a competitive playlist featuring heavily modified versions of Slayer, CTF, Extraction and King of the Hill. This playlist will launch before CSR (mid-February) and we envision it as both the go-to place for competitive play and the premier playlist to get your 50 in. We’ve been paying close attention to the competitive community’s settings while building this playlist, and will continue to do so both pre- and post-playlist launch. We will share the first outline of the settings next week to collect community feedback and perfect the competitive playlist before going live. The name of this playlist is still TBD - please feel free to give us suggestions.

Some early details on this playlist:

4 vs 4
    Pre-set game loadouts
    Forced respawn timers
    No instant respawn
    Ordnance on re-supply timers
    Join-in-progress off
    No split-screen play
    Friendly fire on
    Max party size 4 with big party matching enforced
    No guests allowed

We’ll be keeping a close eye on AGL this weekend and the settings they are using at this tournament. Please continue to provide feedback as it helps us fine-tune and perfect your Matchmaking experience, and thank you, as always, for your continued support.

^KF
Awesome, I am excited for this gametype to come out, will certainly be my favorite gametype once launched.

Thanks for helping out the competitive community this time around!
This all looks great. Hopefully you guys use the v1 settings by Ghostayame with maybe a few extra maps (like Lockout, Pit, Sanctuary, Station 9, Lotus, etc).

As for the name of the playlist I hope it doesn't get branded like the MLG Playlist in H3 and Reach. It just needs to be called "Competitive" or "Team Hardcore" like in H2 and early H3.
zBelieveTheHype;2213115 wrote:
This all looks great. Hopefully you guys use the v1 settings by Ghostayame with maybe a few extra maps (like Lockout, Pit, Sanctuary, Station 9, Lotus, etc).

As for the name of the playlist I hope it doesn't get branded like the MLG Playlist in H3 and Reach. It just needs to be called "Competitive" or "Team Hardcore" like in H2 and early H3.

How about just... "Team Slayer" and "objective"

Oh.. It will all be in one playlist. That's why. Idk why but I'll give it a shot.
Now that's what I'm talking about.

Inb4 the Waypoint moaners.
YES! YES!
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
yay =)
Having friendly fire on doesn't seem like a good idea. I can see a lot of betrayals occuring.
Sounds awesome expecially if my rank is visible in game
what ordnance will be on the respawn timer??????????
Holy Yoink!, this sounds good and finally like a playlist I want.

Love to you Bravo if this comes out
please add flinching again!!!
THANK YOU! I CANNOT WAIT.

If you guys threw in an AGL Hopper. THAT would be awesome too.
CobaltArctic;2213134 wrote:
Having friendly fire on doesn't seem like a good idea. I can see a lot of betrayals occuring.

Most "competitive" players aren't like that.
YESSSS
Looking good! It could be called 'Team Slayer' but that's just me. :D
M0N5TERCAT;2213136 wrote:
what ordnance will be on the respawn timer??????????

World ordinance... The weapons on the map will be on predictable timers.
Thanks SOO much for updating us. Being kept in the dark is very painful. Use the settings that everybody has been using, found in ghostamye's fileshare. Speak to ghostayame about settings (GT: oghostayame | twitter: @GH057ayame) As for the name of the playlist, Team Hardcore would be perfect. Team Competitive would work as well, but I feel that Team Hardcore would be a better name. Don't name it AGL or MLG or VG or anything else. Keep it general, but use the settings that ghost has as well as those maps. His gametypes are used by MLG, AGL, as well as gamebattles. If none of this sounds familiar, just know that the whole competitive community is behind him and he has won mlg events in the past as well as he has experience helping forge halo maps/spawns/settings in the past.

edit: Talk to Bravo, he'll know exactly what settings to use. If he doesn't tell him to talk to his old friend eric (ghostayame)
CobaltArctic;2213134 wrote:

Friendly Fire and accidental betrayals have been part of the Halo competitive experience since the days when we had to take our CRT TV sets to other people's basements and wreck their circuit breakers. Shoot straight son.
123Next >»37 Pages