Notification

Icon
Error

«< Previous678910Next >»17 Pages
No visible CSR in-game. What a tragedy. I'm a bit puzzled as to why so many people are upset, seeing as how it has been said that in-game skill ranks will not make a return, ever. I got that impression from the forums before Reach was released. I remember posting in Bnet that it was a good move.

I am concerned that no one from 343i will give the reason. It's only fair to those that don't understand. When my son grew up I had to tell him about Santa Claus. He got over it.

I'm not a 343i employee so I can handle the flame, and those that want visible-in-game CSR won't believe me anyway, but for the benefit of the more level-headed members of the community I will offer the explanation. For further understanding one should Google TrueSkill to find out how it works.

The simple fact is that when people that are not "skilled" play using an account that achieved a high level, it skews the resulting calculations for everyone else that gets in a match with that player. If you are at the top or bottom you will not notice the difference (and that's why you don't care). The people in the middle trying to do things legitimately suffer (again, you don't care because you're not one of them). That's why they took it out, and that's why they're not putting it back in.

Again, it was not because of boosting or trash talking. It was account selling. Period.

If you don't like that answer, you're going to hate what I have to say about the Tooth Fairy.
Berserker Gutts;2206829 wrote:
I really wish this game had been delayed 4 or 5 months in order to be completed instead of sacrificing quality in order hit the xmas release date. I can see Halo 4 being really fun again a year or so after its release, but at this point its just left too sour a taste in my mouth and has honestly left me feeling kind of betrayed and disappointed.

CSR still months away, also will be invisible and won't really matter.
Any sort of custom game fix at least 6 months away, if ever.
No word on Forge fixes
No word on whether or not we'll ever see features like Campaign scoring or theater.
No word on competitive playlists or classic playlists.
No time frame on the badly needed TU with weapon balance fixes.

Very little hope that I'll get a chance to really enjoy Halo 4 or find any reason to buy Halo 5.

God I wish I liked Call of Duty...

I wouldn't be surprised if they released Halo 4 to compete with Black Ops 2 which failed. I personally wouldn't mind waiting longer for a finished game.
Oh look 343i stands their ground in being the only ones who don't want in game ranks.

I'll allow this as it'd probably be a nightmare to actually do that with an update and not accidentally cause some unintended ill at this point. Besides there's more important things that need to be dealt with.

Halo 5 Start with the CRS in game. Not an after thought put it in.
Alot of community backlash can be avoided by simply not removing things but only making what is there better.

Don't add stuff improve on what is already there.
Can you give us any details on what doubles will be like such as what game types and if there will be personal loadouts or not.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.


*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
I saw a bit about DLC, please remember about making fun and enjoyable achievements 343i.
It's not camping, that word has negative connotations, it's about holding the power position.

Spawn killing is just pre-emptive aiming too, gotta get the terminology right.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.


*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
I can't wait to fight on Infinity

Maybe I can pester Commander Lasky into letting me fire the MACs....

>.>

<.<
Stardriver 1;2208298 wrote:
No visible CSR in-game. What a tragedy. I'm a bit puzzled as to why so many people are upset, seeing as how it has been said that in-game skill ranks will not make a return, ever. I got that impression from the forums before Reach was released. I remember posting in Bnet that it was a good move.

I am concerned that no one from 343i will give the reason. It's only fair to those that don't understand. When my son grew up I had to tell him about Santa Claus. He got over it.

I'm not a 343i employee so I can handle the flame, and those that want visible-in-game CSR won't believe me anyway, but for the benefit of the more level-headed members of the community I will offer the explanation. For further understanding one should Google TrueSkill to find out how it works.

The simple fact is that when people that are not "skilled" play using an account that achieved a high level, it skews the resulting calculations for everyone else that gets in a match with that player. If you are at the top or bottom you will not notice the difference (and that's why you don't care). The people in the middle trying to do things legitimately suffer (again, you don't care because you're not one of them). That's why they took it out, and that's why they're not putting it back in.

Again, it was not because of boosting or trash talking. It was account selling. Period.

If you don't like that answer, you're going to hate what I have to say about the Tooth Fairy.



all of your arrogance beside, you are wrong to a point. The reason visible CSR went away, is correct. The reason they will not bring it back when people are asking is incorrect.

People want it back, they "improved" it from the old one, these should be an easy sell right? wrong..

what wrench do we throw into the equation? Halo Waypoint. Its so painfully obvious the reason they are only allowing this on waypoint is to increase traffic to the app/website. They want to compete with call of duty elite, and its horrible how they are doing it.

why hush the voice of the community in order to boost website traffic? seems like shady business...
You guys are so disappointing. CSR is going to be so pointless. Do you even realize that most of the audience doesn't even get on Waypoint what so ever? They won't even know it exists other than the little messages you throw in game but they will over look it and not care. Way to fail.

On a positive note, happy to see we're finally getting Griffball after three fricking months of waiting for it.
Str8 theoryyy;2208864 wrote:
Stardriver 1;2208298 wrote:


The simple fact is that when people that are not "skilled" play using an account that achieved a high level, it skews the resulting calculations for everyone else that gets in a match with that player. If you are at the top or bottom you will not notice the difference (and that's why you don't care). The people in the middle trying to do things legitimately suffer (again, you don't care because you're not one of them). That's why they took it out, and that's why they're not putting it back in.



all of your arrogance beside, you are wrong to a point. The reason visible CSR went away, is correct. The reason they will not bring it back when people are asking is incorrect.

People want it back, they "improved" it from the old one, these should be an easy sell right? wrong..

what wrench do we throw into the equation? Halo Waypoint. Its so painfully obvious the reason they are only allowing this on waypoint is to increase traffic to the app/website. They want to compete with call of duty elite, and its horrible how they are doing it.

why hush the voice of the community in order to boost website traffic? seems like shady business...
I don't know what's arrogant about stating Bungie's position on visible CSR but hey, it is what it is.


Actually, after reading what I wrote it does sound somewhat arrogant. My apologies.

As to the "improvements", if they figured out a way to have an accurate skill based rank that is not rooted in TrueSkill then I am indeed incorrect and there would be no reason not to make it visible in-game.

I'll have to leave it up to 343i to explain how this new rank is calculated and, if it's not tied to TrueSkill, why it's not visible in-game.
"You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist."
• "Your highest CSR across all playlists will be promoted in the player profile on Halo Waypoint." for those of you who think your rank will only be visible on waypoint read the bulletpoints again.

"You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist" from the first bulletpoint how i understood it was that in the individual playlists you will see your CSR in that playlist as in the quote it says "visible" but as per the second bulletpoint your highest CSR will be promoted on your waypoint account. so i think we will see each others different CSR levels in the different playerlists but what i can't say for sure (because the article doesn't actually say)is if we can also (in game) see each others highest CSR. well i think i have read these bulletpoints for what they are but yea i could be totally wrong haha happy gaming everyone i'll see you on halo :)
Charlesvania;2207633 wrote:
When are you guys going to FIX SPLIT-SCREEN?!?!?!

The texture pop-ins and frame rate lag are horrendous!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!! Also when are weapons going to be balanced???

343 if you keep just afking (just like most people in matchmaking) through this games short life span, then more and more people will continue to stop playing. I used to play halo everyday, but now its down to maybe a couple of games every several weeks. Ughh so terrible


I second this.
omega 1z8;2209264 wrote:
Charlesvania;2207633 wrote:
When are you guys going to FIX SPLIT-SCREEN?!?!?!

The texture pop-ins and frame rate lag are horrendous!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!! Also when are weapons going to be balanced???

343 if you keep just afking (just like most people in matchmaking) through this games short life span, then more and more people will continue to stop playing. I used to play halo everyday, but now its down to maybe a couple of games every several weeks. Ughh so terrible


I second this.


^^ I third this

In split screen, half of the textures don't even load, and most of the multiplayer maps are unplayable due to the frame rate lag, this is a huge problem!!!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.


*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Does that mean with CSR I'll lose all my progress on leveling up from before or is this a separate competitive ranking system?
Stop making "playlist rotational" MAKE THEM like we are used to. Playing Halo always and you guys needed to ruin something that wasn't needed to be touched!
RunLikeVick;2206469 wrote:
Why isn't CSR visible in game? I've yet to see 343 answer this question.


We are focused on creating a seamless companion for pro and expert players without making a highly visible attractive nuisance for casual abusers and cheats. I asked the team to make a mock-up (which is attached to this post), but please note this is not final.
bs angel attached the following image(s):
playercard-win8phone.png (160kb) downloaded 1,163 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
bs angel wrote:
RunLikeVick;2206469 wrote:
Why isn't CSR visible in game? I've yet to see 343 answer this question.


We are focused on creating a seamless companion for pro and expert players without making a highly visible attractive nuisance for casual abusers and cheats.


BS Angel, we appreciate your feedback. That being said, could you please address my previous question: why are the CSR rankings "starting fresh" in April instead of representing our cumulative efforts since November 6th?

I love Halo 4, and have averaged over three hours of game time per day since it launched! I have played over 1200 matchinging games and will definitely be over 2000 by the time CSR is implemented. But, it really is disappointing to think that over 2000 games worth of time and effort won't count towards my CSR rating.
«< Previous678910Next >»17 Pages