Notification

Icon
Error

12Next >2 Pages
*edit: It has come to the attention that I may have a biased poll. If you feel we should keep the drops all together, please make your opinion known in the comments below*

I have been a halo player and fan since 2003, and have been on the bandwagon since. It seems as if we are struggling to keep together a community of people, with more and more people disappearing daily.

A lot can be said about these problems, but this is just one of those opinions:

The Ordinance Drop: what is it, and why is it here?

The Ordinance Drop system is a new system aboard the UNSC Infinity in which weapons, grenades, power-ups, and even armor abilities can be dropped into the battle zone to assist players. One can fill their ordinance meter by doing a few in game tasks (mostly killing or assisting other spartans).

Please, for the sake of your game, and for the sake of the games thereafter: Increase the Ordinance Drop Meter by double, Create a classic playlist, or remove it completely from all non big team battle playlists.

It is strangling your game.

I can't walk around the map without running into an IC (Incineration Cannon), Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Sticky Detonator, and Railgun all at the same time, and thats on a 4v4 Infinity playlist.

You (343) have fed this game to help all 'new and comers', and have done nothing different with this game with the exception of closing the skill gap. Making the more skilled players feeling more and more frustrated, and less likely to pick up the game again after the TU in February.

I will always try and play the halo series, but you're making it difficult to enjoy it through multiplayer interactions.

Bkenji - A 10 year UNSC vet.
Ahem, it's the UNSC Infinity. Also, Ordinance Drops can't deploy Armor Abilities.
yes, they can drop armor abilities, they are everywhere in competitive halo play, and i edited it, thanks for the notice!
I agree, I don't think Ordnance drops should be in multiplayer. The less power weapons, the better. Especially when you can roflstomp people with repeated power weapons from drops and amass more.

Though, I think in Spartan Ops they could be fun. (Not every mission, like when you've been captured or doing a somewhat stealth op.) Like get twenty kills in a row and have some sweet boost dropped off for ya. Power/Speed or just a classic sniper land on the field to help ya out.
@Chaos Issac I can not even imagine the # of times I have roflstomped kids, and an ordinance meter be full by the time my power weapon is spent. It's just not fun.
Life is all about adapting.

Those "noobs" that have an incineration cannon pose little threat to a more skilled player.

Are tweaks necessary? Sure.

But getting rid of them altogether sounds silly.

Next we will be advocating Halo 1 style play, where two players fired their ARs, running into each other and seeing who could melee who quicker.

Or we could all get killed in a same map by a energy sword lurker, who could home onto us from 12 feet.... Halo 3 style.

@Ryo I completely understand the whole, we have to adapt thing, which is why I gave the option to keep it, but to create a classic playlist. I'm not trying to abolish the drop here guys, just making a statement that most of us hold to be true: Infinity drops make the game random and frustating to the point where the skill level gap is non existant. It does not take a skilled player to use an IC to hit a skilled player with the Area of Effect and get the kill.
Woops, meant to click the Classic Halo gametypes option. AR, Pistol, Resupply, Explosives please.
bKenji;2204363 wrote:
@Ryo I completely understand the whole, we have to adapt thing, which is why I gave the option to keep it, but to create a classic playlist. I'm not trying to abolish the drop here guys, just making a statement that most of us hold to be true: Infinity drops make the game random and frustating to the point where the skill level gap is non existant. It does not take a skilled player to use an IC to hit a skilled player with the Area of Effect and get the kill.

Yeah, I could go for that.

Create a different room and call it "classic" or something more catchy.

JaffarHasad;2204368 wrote:
Woops, meant to click the Classic Halo gametypes option. AR, Pistol, Resupply, Explosives please.

Or... how 'bout no perks? And just you with a BR and an AR.
As much as I hate a lot of the changes implemented into the series from Reach and H4, it never fails that the people who complain get told to deal with it or leave.

This same thing happens with other games I play, especially the one that gets updated regularly. I have yet to see much of catering to oldfags being done anywhere.

But still we try to be heard
how about this

EARNING ORDINANCED.

Make ordinance kill based only while also increasing the ordnance requirement to 6

I know that the requirement to gain another ordinace is increased by maybe 20 or 30 percent after each ordinance.

CONTENT OF ORDINANCE

Make the first ordinance received contain a combination of grenades, and close range weapons.

The second ordinance will contain weapons like the needler, sticky detonator, some sort of shotgun, and grenades.

The third ordinance should contain heavy weapons, power ups, and a sniper.

THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN APPLYING THE ABOVE ADDITIONS TO ORDINANCE

Personal ordinance should be limited to only contain weapons that are not on the map.

The third ordinance would contain what was previously mentioned, because IMO, someone will have achieved at least 16 kills, and depending on whose team they are on, finish slaughtering the competition, or bring the team back from a defeat.

ALL OF THESE ARE JUST IDEAS AND NOT WHAT I WOULD CONSIDER TO BE BALANCED.
I will also like to add some other things

I believe that if the dmr's rate of fire was balanced then, players who use it all the time would lose a weapon that has been giving them easier kills

I think that the saw's range of ineffectiveness should he increased a little bit more. Just enought to guarantee that in cannot be someone at mid range.
Good idea, Legend. Although it would be best without it in my opinion, that sounds like a good way to compromise so that everyone is....happy(Ahem).
I don't play the playlists with ordnance anymore anyway but I would like it edited or removed(Getting a little sick of SWAT and Regicide lol).

I think that if they could remove custom loadouts, then ordnance wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Also, editing the Saw is a good idea too Legend. Its so powerful that I think it should definitely have shorter range (6 m. would be nice... xD)
@legend, that is such a great idea, making tiers for the weapons drops would add so much more balance to the game, it didnt even occur to me that by breaking down drops, making them less random, and having a system of which you can get that reward, just makes more sense from a gamers standpoint. good stuff.
thanks kenji and elite. I know that my idea is not perfect, but it is a start. I just hope that 343 make the right choices. If you two are ever online add me. My gamertag is exactly like this name.
Sry, but i doubt Ord Drops will be removed. Why? Let me explain.

1. Unlike prev. Halo titles, there are no weapons on the map. Its better to call them down.

2. The weapons commies.

3. I think it makes the game much interesting.

HINT: to those who complain over ord drops......its probably those who constantly get killed by the power weapons.
RyoTakahashi;2204308 wrote:
Life is all about adapting.

Those "noobs" that have an incineration cannon pose little threat to a more skilled player.

You think the Incineration Poses little threat, try dealing with those skilled players with snipers, beams, and binary rifles. I know i'm one of those skilled rifle men, and i can bet you that ppl would avoid me b/c of that.

Hint: those with rifles should pose a threat.
Let me verify that this is my opinion, but i would like to add something. One more thing that i would like to add is that the snipers seem to be easy to use when no scoping. Now when i say no scoping i mean just placing shots in the body. The beam rifle seems really fast. This might also be a source of easy kills.
LEGENDdm654;2205225 wrote:
Let me verify that this is my opinion, but i would like to add something. One more thing that i would like to add is that the snipers seem to be easy to use when no scoping. Now when i say no scoping i mean just placing shots in the body. The beam rifle seems really fast. This might also be a source of easy kills.

I've pulled alot of "snapshot" medals just by doing that. But i think its easier with scope on.
12Next >2 Pages