Notification

Icon
Error

«< Previous45678Next >»13 Pages
Great bulletin this week, very excited for Spartan Ops!!!

Quick question, are all 5 episodes running back to back weeks? Or is there another break after episode 8?
Is there anyway of letting us run the Halo 2 service from our dedicated server?
frenchfryjordan;2180967 wrote:
Very excited about the new Spartan Ops episodes, can't wait.

Spertin Orpts! YEEEAAAHYA!
I thought it was against MS's policy to shut down games which have achievements in them?
Just got an update about the Halo 4 File Share. I edited it into the Bulletin, and I included it below for convenience purposes.

Quote:
From o Nondual o: Any new news about when the File Share system will become available?

Yes! We have updates about two things we’re currently working on in regard to the Halo 4 File Share.

• In-game search: We expect the in-game search feature to come online at the end of January (the 29th specifically).
• Web File Share: The Halo 4 File Share is coming to the web version of Halo Waypoint in late February.

For a recap about its current state of functionality, please refer to the 12.12.12 edition of the Halo Bulletin. We know many people are anxiously awaiting both things, and we’ll confirm their availability once they officially come online.
bs angel;2181402 wrote:
Just got an update about the Halo 4 File Share. I edited it into the Bulletin, and I included it below for convenience purposes.

Quote:
From o Nondual o: Any new news about when the File Share system will become available?

Yes! We have updates about two things we’re currently working on in regard to the Halo 4 File Share.

• In-game search: We expect the in-game search feature to come online at the end of January (the 29th specifically).
• Web File Share: The Halo 4 File Share is coming to the web version of Halo Waypoint in late February.

For a recap about its current state of functionality, please refer to the 12.12.12 edition of the Halo Bulletin. We know many people are anxiously awaiting both things, and we’ll confirm their availability once they officially come online.

Thanks for the update. I am glad we'll at least have in game search capability by the end of the month. :)
Am I the only HALO fan who reads these bulletins and just ends up with a *sigh* feeling?

It has been obvious for some time now, that the online population of HALO4 has dwindled, quickly, for a game thats less then 3 months old. The Crimson playlist often has less people playing it then play flood

The bulletin's just come across as if the game is actually hugely popular, but its not, if we as a community are honest. It feels to me, that 343i had a planned schedule of events, and have simply stuck to it, not really listening to community feedback to make efforts to engage the community and get them playing the game online

I am looking forward to Spartan Ops, seeing where the story goes and really hoping that the next 5 Episodes dont just introduce 4 new maps and just repeat them and the order in which we play them to the end

The fact that the File Share is still not up and running, (another 2 weeks) is poor after 2 1/2 months, all those cool things I found when playing the game on release and wanted to share with friends are meaningless now. I am also SR130, got there just after Christmas day, Challenges...monthly, weekly and Daily are meaningless to me now, and they just seem to be the same ones repeated, showing no adjustments, no imagination at all after 2 months

Right now, the bulletins dont buzz me as a HALO fan, I find myself playing the online less and less, as are my friends, and I just dont get the sense, that 343i are acknowledging this and doing anything to kickstart the online for HALO 4

Just my honest thoughts
Snipereyez;2179464 wrote:
The best thing it could happen is an update to the game...
You cant take away our precious halo 2... you already took it away from XBL :c
But if you really are taking it away... i beg you for an HD remake like Halo CE Anniversary. That was neat! but with its own servers, not a map pack hor halo 4 :\

I could almost guarantee you that if they make a HD Halo 2 it will be campaign only and will include a map pack for the current Halo game. It really wouldn't make sense to create a separate multiplayer experience for that game b/c it would split their current player base making both games suffer. Just wouldn't make sense to do it that way... imo
bs angel;2181402 wrote:

Quote:

Thank you. This is exactly the sort of communication we need as a fan community.
bs angel;2181402 wrote:

Quote:

Awesome, some even more good news. Also, when you say the in-game search, does this also include the "Most Downloaded" and "Most Recommended" features as well?
Shore Jesus wrote:
Awesome, some even more good news. Also, when you say the in-game search, does this also include the "Most Downloaded" and "Most Recommended" features as well?

Yup! In-game search will include custom searches as well as the standard most downloaded and most recommended functionality.
bs angel;2181759 wrote:
Shore Jesus wrote:

Yup! In-game search will include custom searches as well as the standard most downloaded and most recommended functionality.

Awesome, great thing to hear!
I find it funny that 343 has put the news of the Halo 2 shutting down at the bottom of a random news feed and in this very post isn't included in the topics.

Thanks 343, you're terrible.
how about ranked playlists. thanks
Its a shame that all we are looking for here is answers. Yet, your not giving them to us and instead are talking about file shares for a bad cod clone. i really hate to flame halo 4 but IMO its not a good game. Why take a game that we enjoy and take it offline? Its a damn shame.

Also Your "20 People Or Less" Is bull.
http://gyazo.com/0678f79182140257afd60deb77f23e23

That screen shot was taken today while i was play. And as you can tell from the date (Top right hand corner) That it was taken today. That's way more then 20 people. So bsangel got anything to say on the matter? Or are you gonna let more members of your halo fanbase go because we dont like your new game?
-EndRant
Exactly, its a least 50 to 60 people and during a single day its not all the same people playing all day, its people from all over the world, I never see the same twenty players online. I always see some regulars yes, but I also always see some randoms I've never seen before, every day. New people every day, do you get what I'm saying?

Why are you not answering any of our questions? I've been a Microsoft customer since the mid 90's; stop treating me like some second class customer just because I don't want to game on some old XBOX360 tech. You are only pushing customers away and toward your competitors.
Why wasn't available since release day?
The Iowa Ninja;2182097 wrote:
Why wasn't available since release day?

Ditto that ^^^
What gets me after all these years we have put hard work into this game because they have not relaesed another Halo for PC users, we find out in the bottom of a random blog. We at weirdmoose.net spend over $130.00 a month on a dedicated server just for Halo 2 and I know monstrmoose does the same. Now we find out that in less than a month, we will have to close shop. You have got me so pissed now; You have no idea what us admins of dedicated servers have gone through to try and keep this game alive, with no support from MS. The least you could do is give US the h2 service to run on our servers.
Yes! File Share! I've missed it soooo much(: mongoose races here I come hahahaha
«< Previous45678Next >»13 Pages