Notification

Icon
Error

Hello fellow Spartans.

It appears as if the Crimson Map Pack is giving out perma-bans from Halo 4 matchmaking. This issue appears to be connected to playing split screen on one of the 3 new maps. Check the latest pages on the official ban thread, there's probably quite a few of us.
Please, give us back our matchmaking capabilities.

Cheers..
I've tried tweeting at some folks over at 343i, kind of a pain to do since it is nearing Christmas.

If I hear anything back, I'll let you know.
#1 Doodle fanboy!
We're not rejects; We get Rejections
Perma-ban for playing split screen, PE ban for modding commendations...

Nice work 343i!

Really, enough of these gliches. They also introduced a new file share glich instead of fixing the old one...
Originally Posted by: KamikazeHansOlo Go to Quoted Post
Hello fellow Spartans.

It appears as if the Crimson Map Pack is giving out perma-bans from Halo 4 matchmaking. This issue appears to be connected to playing split screen on one of the 3 new maps. Check the latest pages on the official ban thread, there's probably quite a few of us.

Cheers..

I think I spoke to you earlier. Glad to see you made the post, hopefully something positive will come out of all of this.
Halo 4 is just getting worse and worse
What if this happend to every Halo player who plays those maps split-screen?
just showing support. i already posted a lengthy bit of information and researched this all day.

both of my accounts were permabanned for playing crimson map pack in splitscreen. keep speaking up guys and gals.
Wow I almost did today.... Thank god I didn't. This is crap 343 needs to get their act together. We are already underdogs compared to cod but this isn't helping with keeping the population. No casuals are going to come on here. They are going to rage and go play something else
Thanks for the heads up. I deleted the map pack from my console just in case. I'll d/l it again when the issue is fixed.
We are not permanently banning players for previewing or purchasing the Crimson Map Pack. We are currently investigating the recent reports of permanent matchmaking bans.

We will provide further updates tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

For updates, keep an eye on the official thread: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst135680_The-Official-Halo-4-Ban-Thread.aspx
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Originally Posted by: MM Systems Team Go to Quoted Post
We are not permanently banning players for previewing or purchasing the Crimson Map Pack. We are currently investigating the recent reports of permanent matchmaking bans.

We will provide further updates tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

For updates, keep an eye on the official thread: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst135680_The-Official-Halo-4-Ban-Thread.aspx

Holy Moby -Yoink!- there be the White Whale. I didnt think it existed. Praise be to Chulthlu.
Got perma ban from halo 4 when playing custom games while connected to xbox live at a friends house. infinity slayer free4all 4 player split screen on Harvest crimson map pack. AxL cHaNcE 14, S3RG3NT S4RC4SM, Sue4nn, & cantseemefool all perma ban.
What if this happend to every Halo player who plays those maps split-screen?

There'd be no more Halo players pretty damn fast.
People need to stop cheating and acting dumb about it.
This is getting more ridiculous everyday...
Hello fellow Spartans.

Cheers..

I think it might have to do with the Crimson Map Pack Playlist. Me and my sister played a splitscreen match on one of the new maps with the Mantis, but it was in the Big Team Battle playlist and I didn't get a perma ban. So maybe it's that particular playlist glitching it, or doing it in forge and/or custom games.

I still got a damn xp ban because apparently, the banhammer can't differenciate between the guest account sucking at Halo and the Guest account idling/boosting. I'm thinking this new Banhammer is a bit too overzealous. It's hitting legitimate players left and right along with the guilty ones. It's corrupted it's purpose and needs to be tweaked
For everyone that needs a clear account of this issue, unbiased, uncomplaining, not blaming 343i, etc, please read below. Please use this to help with the issue.

UP FRONT: I understand people are "boosting" and getting achievements playing with their "little cousin that sucks" and getting EXP BANS. Note that EXP BANS are not permabans.

1.) I had the Map Pass, I know this because I played with my scanner helmet several times.
2.) When I downloaded the map pack a few days ago I was like, "Hmm... this seems funny that its 'free', must be related to me having the map pass. I bet everyone without the pass is paying for it".
3.) I ONLY played SPLIT-SCREEN on Harvest (not matchmaking, NONE whatsoever) with another XBOX live account (GT AYREEEZ) that was idle, i.e.: not playing the game, so that I could practice and see the spawns. I DID NOT ENTER A MATCHMAKING GAME WITH ANY OTHER PLAYER TO BOOST (which would apparently have resulted only in an EXP BAN from what everyone is saying).
4.) I have no other permabannable issues that I am aware of (I'm not naive, I could have done something stupid, but I doubt it considering I have never been banned before and don't rant sexist comments or hack).

Everyone following me so far? Paying attention to the caps locked terms? Here's the issue I had, considering all of this:

I was permanently banned a few minutes after playing the split screen game in question, both accounts (BARBS v2 and AYREEEZ), after subsequently playing a game or two in matchmaking, alone. The account named AYREEEZ was not even signed in, nor does it have an active gold membership that would allow me to use it online. The fact that both were banned is what allows me to blame the split screen game

Thanks for reading, and I hope that this helps the community, the web, and 343i in understanding this.