Notification

Icon
Error

I have a habit of just destroying vehicles but would like to highjack instead. For example the mantis, I just stick a frag on it. What am I going wrong? Any tips would be great. Thanks.
Only open vehicles can be hijacked, like Ghost-Mongoose-Warthog-Banshee, the rest can be only punched and destroyed or sticked with granade :3
you can also capture a wraith, but its a bit tricky.

1st kill the elit on the turret.
2nd you must remove the plate over the driver. some shoots will help.
3rd jump on the wraith and sit onit, by the turret. may need some tries. then kill the elit in the wraith with headshoots. after he is dead you can take the wraith and it doesnt explode.
You used to be able to punch people out of vehicles but you can't anymore in the Scorpion or the Wraith I don't think :( Correct me if I'm wrong.
For the wraith:

Same as Reach's Wraith. Kill the gunner, EMP shock the Wraith, jump on wraith and man the turret (yes, you actually can do that). Now, watch the driver Elite jumping out of the wraith. Now you can take the wraith.

@elKazaam

that's the tactic for taking the Anti Air Wraith in H3 and ODST. You don't need to do that with Reach's and H4's Wraith.
I think you can punch. Push melee button.

My suggestion,

Jump on, and melee slowly (So you don't destroy it).

Driver might bail, kill him. Then jump in.
Me and my friend always steal the Wraith in Spartan ops by just killing the gunner then jump in the gunner seat then I jump in driver seat.
You can actually just easily shoot off the driver's door on the scorpion and his head will be sticking out, asking to be shot. Good snipers shoot the door of and kill the driver within seconds, giving no time to even turn the turret.
Well, in Halo 3, it was possible to get in the Scorpion or Wraith after planting a grenade in it (assuming you killed the pilot with this), which saved it from blowing up. You only had a small window to do this.

But with the way how vehicles are now (takes an ETERNITY to get out), I doubt it's possible to do this with any vehicle in Halo 4.

You could always try tricking the Wraith pilot into getting stuck (like the first AA Wraith on The Covenant). Or you could just deload him.
elKazaam;1954765 wrote:

3rd jump on the wraith and sit onit, by the turret. may need some tries. then kill the elit in the wraith with headshoots. after he is dead you can take the wraith and it doesnt explode.

Too complicated for the campaign. You can:

1. Kill the gunner.
2. Use Wraith's turret. That will force the driver elite out of the vehicle. Kill him with turret.
3. Take driver's place.
For the Mortardom achievement you have to hijack wraiths on mission 5 and use it to kill 4 other enemy wraiths.

Here's:

1) Kill the gunner on the turret
2) Plasma blast the wrath to stun it (not sure if needed)
3) There are two locations to mount.
A) mid/rear section (my personal favorite LOL) will let you destroy
B) The front "wing" lets you enter the driver seat

Click here for video link

elKazaam;1954765 wrote:

or kill the gunner, and just chain plasma pistol it till the driver rage ejects.
Guys really, he's obviously not talking about campaign since he mentioned hi-jacking a Mantis..
what do u think this is, a good multiplayer game?
I though there was a text prompt that say either "mount gunner" or "enter driver." When I run around a wraith is changes or something like that?