Notification

Icon
Error

«< Previous1213141516Next >»388 Pages
I seem to be completely de-ranked in everything, and have lost all commendations
bs angel;1671398 wrote:
As you can imagine, there are a tremendous number of new players connecting to Halo 4 right now. We’re aware that some users are experiencing occasional issues connecting to the Halo 4 services. Please bear with us as we continue to work through these issues during the launch period. We'll provide additional updates in this thread as we have them.

Not being funny but if they hadn't anticipated that there would be a large volume of players online on the release date what sort of mickey mouse outfit are we dealing with. Halo 3 had around 1 million on the first day!!!
Cant play Halo Matchmaking or Campaign online, can't access daily challenges or other Xbox live parties. Please fix this we are all really excited with the new game launch and online matchmaking is awesome when its working.
I second this statement Dr Ilan if 343 industries wants to keep developing Halo games they should know we expect nothing but the best.
I have the unicorn armor that came with the console edition and when i got on today it was gone. I tried re-entering the code for it but it said the code had already been used. I hope it is just because of the servers being messed up because i really want that armor back!
This is so disappointing , surely the amount of people wanting to play multiplayer should have been anticipated ?
You have our money and now we can't play on launch day wtf ?
DR ILAN;1671415 wrote:
bs angel;1671398 wrote:
As you can imagine, there are a tremendous number of new players connecting to Halo 4 right now. We’re aware that some users are experiencing occasional issues connecting to the Halo 4 services. Please bear with us as we continue to work through these issues during the launch period. We'll provide additional updates in this thread as we have them.

Not being funny but if they hadn't anticipated that there would be a large volume of players online on the release date what sort of mickey mouse outfit are we dealing with. Halo 3 had around 1 million on the first day!!!

And Halo 3 and Reach had the exact same issues on launch day. Stop acting like this is the first time this has ever happened.
FML!!!!!!!!!!!!! waited a million years for this now i cant even PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon
For those of you unaware what is happening, let me clear things up for you.

There is this thing called a DDoS-attack. It means a person and/or user tries to bring down a service running on a/several server(s) by spoofing connection requests to said server. The server(s) can't handle so many requests and goes poof.

However, the same thing can also happen if there are too many users trying to access a service when the amount of users exceed the service's user limit. In this scenario the server(s) also go poof.

A bunch of servers can only handle so many requests before they go poof. Then the engineers come in and attempt to fix the poof and restore operations.

tl:dr; the servers got hugged till they said poof.
IT'S FIXED FOR ME!
Glad I decided to invest my time in enjoying the campaign. Seems like waiting a few days for online play is gonna pay off since I won't have a tainted impression. Cheer up everyone! Go play as Master Chief! 343 will get us online. This game will surpass the opening days and become fan favorite for years to come.
DR ILAN;1671415 wrote:
bs angel;1671398 wrote:

Yes and both Halo 3 and Reach had day 1 server problems.

The number of pissing moaning melodramatic children in here is unbelievable. Wait it out, it's not a big deal and it's perfectly normal for launch days. The only (major) launch day I've seen that went off without a hitch was MW2. Everything else of any particular size has always had server issues. You people completely underestimate the tech and sheer size and scale of networking for something like this.
Redownload it from your download history and it will be back
devilz45;1671470 wrote:
FML!!!!!!!!!!!!! waited a million years for this now i cant even PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon

I really doubt you've existed that long.
When going into Infinity and trying to matchmake or even go into Spartan Ops I get the repeated message, "Halo 4 servers not available." Also accessing Halo 4 Waypoint is impossible. The page won't even load.
Most expensive Microsoft game ever made but they could afford (or were too arogant) to run a public beta.

I can't get into any sort of match making yet everyone else on my friends list can and have been all day (we all live within a 20mile radius) So when I do finally get myself onto Halo 4 multiplayer I'll be getting a kicking from people who have levelled up and created custom classes while I'm running round spraying the water gun that is the AR.

Thanks 343, next time have a think about a public beta rather than just alpha testing.
What do they expect though they have advertised it all over the place, build up a huge hype we even have midnight releases only to be faced by these problems. I think halo is an excellent story and i have been a loyal fan from the beginning but 343 are a design studio the do this for a living and its not wrong for us to expect better from them. Unfortunately i see this causing problems for alot of old a potential new halo fans especially with black ops 2 around the corner.
Can some one tell me y am not getting any xp I am lvl 15
Edit by Moderator - Please do not post inappropriate comments.

Original Post - click at your own discretion.
Maverickkkk.....

-Yoink!--hat what is your point. I get 2 days off a week. Plus 5 weeks vacation for 26 years tenure. I planned for this. But the real issue is not the servers for me. I am sorry you are at work wasting your company`s payroll surfing the web...but read the post idiot. System link does not even work. Server related or not...the game is broke on day one. So go against the tide and go be productive at work while I enjoy my second day off. And do not forget to vote today.
«< Previous1213141516Next >»388 Pages