Notification

Icon
Error

«< Previous34567Next >7 Pages
Global battle is impossible right now.
Halo:Reach can only support 40 enemies at the same time.
"DRAGNOXF1R3" wrote:
They should really update the engine, I hate Reach's engine.
"siggibiggy" wrote:
"DRAGNOXF1R3" wrote:
They should really update the engine, I hate Reach's engine.
oh they will! halo 4's engine is INSANE i cant quite remember the name of it but think of it as this... compare halo: combat evolved (the original not anniversary) and halo:reach, its a MASSIVE difference correct? well comparing the reach engine and the "nemisis (halo 4)" engine its almost that big of a difference! this new engine is bringing a "new age" of gaming its absolutely phenominal! just as halo: ce changed the world of gaming years ago halo 4 might just do the same! for now i think all we can do is hope.
That sounds awesome but where you get that from?
"siggibiggy" wrote:
That sounds awesome but where you get that from?
"leaked" information that is fact! (i never divulge anything that isn't) but the way i obtained it is that there are also 2 other games that are developing their game on this engine as well. infact i heard that skyrim's game foundation might also be built on this engine! if true (not confirmed yet) we might just have a sneek peak at how Halo: 4 "Nemesis" might be developed like!
now back on topic, i wonder if they will have a pelican, phanom or spirit in customgames/forge in halo: CE Aniversary? that would be sooooo cool! if they did it might give them enough time in between the two games (halo: CE Aniversary and halo: 4 "Nemesis") to get a perfected flight system and GUI overlay for players to accurately fly one of these fabled troop/vehicle transports. As we all know the reach pelican was VERY hard to fly but fun none-the-less :)

any thoughts?
What? Halo CEA won't have custom game and forge.
"siggibiggy" wrote:
What? Halo CEA won't have custom game and forge.
not confirmed.... just b/e the original did not, doesn't mean the anniversary wont. if not then well their "testing time" for some new features might leave them S.O.L.. it seems to risky for them not to take the oppertunity to add these things to allow them to see how players interact, use and coordinate with these such "features", withought them it will leave them HIGHLY unprepaired for halo 4's new and innovative features. here's a scenario, "due to the fact they did not place a drive-able pelican/phantom/spirit in Halo: CE Anniversary "forge", the drive-able pelican/phantom/spirit in halo 4 drives as Yoink! as the easter-egg from halo reach campain mission "New Alexandria" "... now for the love of god, none of us want to see that happen! :( thats why i suspect at 99% we WILL see forge in "Halo CE Annoversary and it WILL contain new features in the forge that will be used in a sort of "testing" for halo 4's features.
so anymore ideas pertaining to halo 4 having a pelican, phantom and/or a spirit? maybe any map ideas?
Dude, CEA won't have anything else than campaign, Reach's multiplayer and 7 new maps in Reach's multiplayer.

It will only come with new Halo 1 remastered campaign with added terminals, and Reach stuff. It won't get it's own forge and such.

It's like ODST but on one disc.
"DRAGNOXF1R3" wrote:

bungie says that they upped the number to 60 enemys
I had a dream about this last night, literally i dreampt i was in matchmakeing and the phantom was driveable, although it was a little difffernt than the phantom and you had railing that circled it. anyway im getting off topic, it was fun and i want this soo bad
"sky ace 65" wrote:
I had a dream about this last night, literally i dreampt i was in matchmakeing and the phantom was driveable, although it was a little difffernt than the phantom and you had railing that circled it. anyway im getting off topic, it was fun and i want this soo bad
i know! could you imagine swooping in at the heat of battle with a pelican, phantom or spirit dropping off players and vehicles maybe even supplies?! or even cooler imagine your team is under heavy fire so you swoop in, picking them up quickly while they return fire to cover you and the squad and then ya take off to a more secure location? then fly right back out to a "new" area where they need the help so you drop those troops/players there! sooooo amazing! any thoughts?
"F4sak3n S1ns" wrote:
"sky ace 65" wrote:
i know! could you imagine swooping in at the heat of battle with a pelican, phantom or spirit dropping off players and vehicles maybe even supplies?! or even cooler imagine your team is under heavy fire so you swoop in, picking them up quickly while they return fire to cover you and the squad and then ya take off to a more secure location? then fly right back out to a "new" area where they need the help so you drop those troops/players there! sooooo amazing! any thoughts?

it was awesome but it also gave me another idea. I was thinking we could have a ship vs ship fight on something like the halo wars vulture but modified to have hornets to fly and use to attack the other vulture and land on it.
hell yes also also sabres
"VenaticalLeaf42" wrote:
i dont think that sabre's in atmosphere is very "applicable" they were prototypes made for the soul perpose of planetary defense. now mabe a longsword would work but deffinately not a sabre (shortsword). if they were to use sabre's they would be for space battles (which we might just happen to see come halo 4) so its still a "maybe" but if not sabres then they will definately have longswords instead (for space combat). besides i think flying a longsword would be MUCH mroe fun than another sabre
"VenaticalLeaf42" wrote:
bump
does anyone know what the maximum number of replies/quotes and veiws a thread can have? if any?
Yes, but only in Forge
"F4sak3n S1ns" wrote:
does anyone know what the maximum number of replies/quotes and veiws a thread can have? if any?

I don't see why there would be a maximum.

But on-topic, thinking about it, this might just come true. Think about it, the engagements in Halo have steadily been growing bigger. In Halo 1 and 2, you have the first vehicles, but nothing major. Only air vehicle is the Banshee. Then Halo 3 comes along, and introduces a bunch of new things, including the Hornet and Splaser, which help to make battles larger with more air vehicles and more ways to fight them. Then comes Halo: Reach, with Invasion, which uses (probably) the largest maps of any game, and the closest thing to a dropship we've had so far. What do you think the next step is? Besides, Bungie has already shown it's possible, by way of the New Alexandria easter egg. So if they can get maps big enough (and plenty of FPS' out there have pretty dang large maps), and make them work, I don't see why they couldn't be included.
«< Previous34567Next >7 Pages