Zoom Function

The zoom really, really needs to be adjusted from the way it is in Reach. (Be scoped in, get shot, magically be zoomed out.) This flaw is not only annoying, but unfair. It makes combat almost entirely reliant on who shoots first.

Thoughts/ideas/opinions?

I swear I saw a video that had this altered to where you could stay scoped in. I may be 100% wrong though, this was a while ago.

It’d make Sniper Rifles OP as all hell if it were removed.

That’s why it exists.

> It’d make Sniper Rifles OP as all hell if it were removed.
>
> That’s why it exists.

agreed, sniper would be more instant death than it already is.

i would like to see how this change would affect gameplay if it was only implemented for the DMR/BR, though…

^This x1000

Although, I can’t really say that I agree with the Sniper argument.

This’ll probably be one of the “perks” that can unlock if you choose the Sniper Specialization.

I hope not. This should be applied to all the weapons that have scopes. It would just make gameplay more enjoyable.

It should be like this:
BR/DMR/Pistol/ANY MEDIUM SCOPED WEAPON: If you get shot it doesn’t take you out of zoom, I have gotten many kills from far distances with the DMR and he was clearly looking at me but not able to shoot cause he can’y precisely see me, I’d rather have balance than an unfair kill.
Sniper: If you get shot while in 10x you get zoomed out to 5x, if you get shot in 5x you stay in 5x.

There was a response from a MLG player that played, Best Man, that said you do not get scoped out, but you do have a recoil when you get hit while in your scope.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0RTeFtSbNw&t=11m7s

Of course, that was from a previous build of the game.

> There was a response from a MLG player that played, Best Man, that said you do not get scoped out, but you do have a recoil when you get hit while in your scope.
>
> Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0RTeFtSbNw&t=11m7s
>
> Of course, that was from a previous build of the game.

They’ve already fixed that, so now it zooms out like any other game. It can be annoying, but it makes Snipers slightly less OP, so it’s fine.

i hate the zoom-out-when-geting-shot-thing. when i get shot, my first reflex is to try to zoom out, wich causes me to zoom back in. after i notice that i zoomed back in, i try and zoom out, only to zoom back in because im getting shot. then i die. id like it if it just blurred your scope so you cant see, but didnt zoom you out.