Zombie Strategy Thread

Obviously zombies have the short end of the stick. So I think it’d be helpful to have a strategy thread circulating for a little bit.

Game Starts
You’re an Alpha Zombie. What do you do?

There’s various methods to be being a successful Alpha or regular zombie. I personally I have two Alpha strategies I use regularly. First I’ll rush heavy camping spots. That’s when I usually get multikills as a zombie, right in the beginning. If Im late to the party I switch things up. I’ll camp right back at em. I feel like people get ansy around the 2:00 mark and are more apt to go out and hunt em down. That’s cool, Ill be waiting right outside where you’re camping. :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s your favorite zombie strategy?
I’d get more specific if I could remember map names.

I like to combine both of your strategies, and move straight to a place eveyone goes to (Like the sniper spawn on Powerstation). There, I will wait until I see movement on the radar and then run out.

Another strategy I use if I’m alpha is to wait right outside where the survivors are holding up, until a wave of regular zombies approach them from a different direction. You don’t show up on radar as Alpha, so you can rush in while they’re busy dealing with the wave of regular zombies. Even infecting one player helps, because that means one less gun that can shoot, and one more target for the others.

Zombie plans.

• If you’re an alpha, don’t stand in the center thinking that you’re camo is perfect. It’s not, and your infected armor effect will -Yoink- you. Always take cover for maximum results. - Don’t do the zoom lunge if you can help it. It takes too much time, so only do it if you know you’re out of the range of a normal lunge or your target is thrusting. - Alphas always have the sneak advantage. While the normal zombies are bum-rushing humans, use your invisibility on the radar to your advantage to sneak up on them and decimate them. - Again, regular lunge is incredibly fast in comparison to the zoom lunge. You could infect 2-3 people with a regular lunge in the same amount of time as a singular zoom lunge kill. Always use regular lunge on groups of humans.

Using other zombies to your avantage is a great strategy. Alpha or not, if you’re timely with your approach its easy to get lost in the horde and bring one or two Spartans down with you.

> 2533274808210415;2:
> I like to combine both of your strategies, and move straight to a place eveyone goes to (Like the sniper spawn on Powerstation). There, I will wait until I see movement on the radar and then run out.
>
> Another strategy I use if I’m alpha is to wait right outside where the survivors are holding up, until a wave of regular zombies approach them from a different direction. You don’t show up on radar as Alpha, so you can rush in while they’re busy dealing with the wave of regular zombies. Even infecting one player helps, because that means one less gun that can shoot, and one more target for the others.

Indeed. I got a nice multikill by doing exactly that. It’s the best strategy so far.

Afking seems a popular strategy.

> 2533274867157068;4:
> Don’t do the zoom lunge if you can help it. It takes too much time, so only do it if you know you’re out of the range of a normal lunge or your target is thrusting.

Actually. Zoom lunge is in incredibly helpful when the humans are heavily camped. I suggest you pre-zoom before exposing yourself for maximum effect.

It’s particularly effective on maps such as Overgrowth (or whatever the infected version is) when the humans camp in the those one-way in areas such as bottom-mid. You can usually get a kill before they react.

> 2533274830721780;8:
> > 2533274867157068;4:
> > Don’t do the zoom lunge if you can help it. It takes too much time, so only do it if you know you’re out of the range of a normal lunge or your target is thrusting.
>
>
> Actually. Zoom lunge is in incredibly helpful when the humans are heavily camped. I suggest you pre-zoom before exposing yourself for maximum effect.
>
> It’s particularly effective on maps such as Overgrowth (or whatever the infected version is) when the humans camp in the those one-way in areas such as bottom-mid. You can usually get a kill before they react.

True, but only if they have their back/side turned to you. If they’re facing you directly with their back against a wall, they can simply shoot you out of the air while you’re lunging/floating.

> 2533274867157068;9:
> > 2533274830721780;8:
> > > 2533274867157068;4:
> > > Don’t do the zoom lunge if you can help it. It takes too much time, so only do it if you know you’re out of the range of a normal lunge or your target is thrusting.
> >
> >
> > Actually. Zoom lunge is in incredibly helpful when the humans are heavily camped. I suggest you pre-zoom before exposing yourself for maximum effect.
> >
> > It’s particularly effective on maps such as Overgrowth (or whatever the infected version is) when the humans camp in the those one-way in areas such as bottom-mid. You can usually get a kill before they react.
>
>
> True, but only if they have their back/side turned to you. If they’re facing you directly with their back against a wall, they can simply shoot you out of the air while you’re lunging/floating.

The time taken to zoom-lunge is time taken to run at them. It equals out, really.

> 2533274880633045;7:
> Afking seems a popular strategy.

shhhh your giving away the best strats.

> 2533274808210415;10:
> > 2533274867157068;9:
> > > 2533274830721780;8:
> > > > 2533274867157068;4:
> > > > Don’t do the zoom lunge if you can help it. It takes too much time, so only do it if you know you’re out of the range of a normal lunge or your target is thrusting.
> > >
> > >
> > > Actually. Zoom lunge is in incredibly helpful when the humans are heavily camped. I suggest you pre-zoom before exposing yourself for maximum effect.
> > >
> > > It’s particularly effective on maps such as Overgrowth (or whatever the infected version is) when the humans camp in the those one-way in areas such as bottom-mid. You can usually get a kill before they react.
> >
> >
> > True, but only if they have their back/side turned to you. If they’re facing you directly with their back against a wall, they can simply shoot you out of the air while you’re lunging/floating.
>
>
> The time taken to zoom-lunge is time taken to run at them. It equals out, really.

I find it better to jump and thrust off to the side of them and then lunge. I always get killed when zooming, in my experience.

> 2533274880633045;7:
> Afking seems a popular strategy.

Also the best strategy to get reported.

I find when im Alpha its best to rush a common spot and surprise them while they’re going for a power weapon or extra ammo. And depending on the map, the slight invis helps you hide like on the camp site one. Ive hid in bushes to kill survivors. Past that its just luck and coming together to overwhelm the enemy.

> 2533274823153335;14:
> I find when im Alpha its best to rush a common spot and surprise them while they’re going for a power weapon or extra ammo. And depending on the map, the slight invis helps you hide like on the camp site one. Ive hid in bushes to kill survivors. Past that its just luck and coming together to overwhelm the enemy.

I’ll remember the bush thing, man. Thanks.

Anybody have specific tips for the Overgrowth rework?

> 2533275013544907;16:
> Anybody have specific tips for the Overgrowth rework?

Don’t individually rush the caged portion of the map near the boxes where the humans generally camp. Wait for friends and rush with them.

I find it helpful to jump and while in the air thruster to the side. The humans fall for it almost every time. :smiley:

> 2533274867157068;17:
> > 2533275013544907;16:
> > Anybody have specific tips for the Overgrowth rework?
>
>
> Don’t individually rush the caged portion of the map near the boxes where the humans generally camp. Wait for friends and rush with them.

Man, I was the first person I had ever seen to camp in that area. I know it’s not likely, but I feel like I pioneered something.

OT: if there is a ton of survivors on the boxes, they might not realize how close they are to the fence…take advantage of this oversight.

Meh. I don’t have strategies. I only utilize tactics. Thinking fast, and calm.

Infected 5 survivors in one life as the Alpha once. Just use the camo and lack of a red dot on the tracker to your advantage. They’ll still be able to see you but they won’t have auto aim. So just make them waste as many shots as you can playing peekaboo and getting an emotional response.