Zombie Ghosts? Zombie fails...

I’m a long time fan of infection. Particularly Alpha Zombies. Now of course everybody agrees the game type was were becoming a bit repetitive so 343 introduced a few more maps. which was fine but they also went and introduced a new gametype called Zombie Ghosts.
Now in all my years of playing halo I have never seen such crap in my entire life. It’s even worse than that Bro slayer that bungie introduced briefely which was basically like team slayer except you spawn 20 seconds later after death because your team mates are always in combat.
Firstly the Zombies have active cammo, cool. And are on fire, cool. Whats the point of the active cammo then? For aesthetics? It’s complete rubbish.
Not to mention the base load out that the humans spawn with, a focus rifle and a plasma repeater. The plasma repeater takes a whole second of spaming into a zombie in order to kill it. As is similar with the focus rifle. Both weapons are probably the worst in game to take out a zombie. the magnum and the shotgun can take out a zombie in a millisecond.

The gametype is so unbalanced that the highest score I have EVER seen in the few months after its introduction is 7. Yes, 7. The zombies take out the humans way too easily.

These stupid gametypes should be thrown into action sack or something or not even put in the game at all.

Thoughts people?

Agree, the zombies take out the humans in about 1,30 minutes after the game start. Maybe zombies should be weaker.

The Living Dead playlist is the worst. Awful maps, bad gametypes and just generally boring. Problem is; it gives back a nice sum of credits…

> it gives back a nice sum of credits…

A nice sum of credits? ahahahhahahahahaha
It gives almost 1500 for a full game, BTB gives 8000 and if you win in grifball you get 13000.
Living dead is the least credits giving playlist.

I get on average 3,000 per game. But okay.

> I get on average 3,000 per game. But okay.

Commendations, you’re still a legend.

That gametype it´s the worse crap i see in halo without giving high prize and not acting the zombies like they should more powerful then humans with thousands of reasons.

Yeah, I also hate Zombie Ghosts.

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but why are you expecting good gameplay from the Living Dead playlist? That playlist isn’t meant to be competitive AT ALL. It is meant as a haven for extremely casual players, or little children so they can get the satisfaction of scoring kills without having to actually learn the game.

That is why Halo is such a great series, there is something for everybody. Living Dead and Griffball are not meant to be balanced, they’re meant to remove the skill gap as much as possible so that people who either can’t or don’t want to learn the game, can still have a good time and earn some kills.

I agree that a lot better job COULD be done in infection to make it more balanced and add a slight degree of skill to it, but that isn’t what it is there for.

i agree zombie ghosts is the -Yoink- game mod ever made and i said the same thing, y active camo and have fire around you thats like too obvious

What’s with them having freaking Hammers?? With Swords, it made sense because you couldn’t have the zombies weaponless, and it could act as a “claw” as it describes in the playlist. Unless you’re a Tank, Hammers make barely any sense.

Nah, the zombies WIN in this gametype. The humans and the gametype fail :wink:

> Not to mention the base load out that the humans spawn with, a focus rifle and a plasma repeater. The plasma repeater takes a whole second of spaming into a zombie in order to kill it. As is similar with the focus rifle. Both weapons are probably the worst in game to take out a zombie. the magnum and the shotgun can take out a zombie in a millisecond.

I hope this doesn’t mean 343 are going to place us in intense situations with crap guns in the H4 campaign, like Bungie did with Reach (after almost every cutscene, player magically loses his weapons and weapons never carry over to the next mission).

On a side note, H2 placed the player in the worst of predicaments (Gravemind mission start, Heretic boss battle, Tartarus boss battle) but it (thankfully) didn’t give the player a crap gun (though the needler on Gravemind would be near useless if it weren’t for the second conveniently placed one).

Giving players poor weapons does not make a survival game. Smart zombies damn it, that’s what a survival game should be about.

yes living dead is now crap I mean they took the best map of whole alpha zombie game type Sword base man that was the best camping map ever why the heck did 343 take it away??

I’m still not sure how Zombie Ghosts is bad. I’m not a big fan of Alphas just because being a Zombie is -Yoinking!- stupid. At least in Infection, or Zombie Ghosts the Zombies have a chance to overrun the Survivors. I’ve always done well in Zombie Ghosts, and I see no reason to complain. People just want to complain about everything.

Zombie Ghosts reminds me of Ghostbusters because the Focus Rifle is like the Proton Packs. I think that’s part of the inspiration from it. I actually think it’s fun, but I guess people would rather just camp in spots that they aren’t supposed to be in Alphas.

> yes living dead is now crap I mean they took the best map of whole alpha zombie game type Sword base man <mark>that was the best camping map ever why the heck did 343 take it away??</mark>

Probably because it was a camping map…

> I’m still not sure how Zombie Ghosts is bad. I’m not a big fan of Alphas just because being a Zombie is -Yoinking!- stupid. At least in Infection, or Zombie Ghosts the Zombies have a chance to overrun the Survivors. I’ve always done well in Zombie Ghosts, and I see no reason to complain. People just want to complain about everything.
>
> Zombie Ghosts reminds me of Ghostbusters because the Focus Rifle is like the Proton Packs. I think that’s part of the inspiration from it. I actually think it’s fun, but I guess people would rather just camp in spots that they aren’t supposed to be in Alphas.

This. This so much.

I agree zombie ghosts is awful they should’ve put in a gametype like fat kid or predator on custom made maps instead. Whenever zombie ghosts comes up i go into a little rage mode on living dead :3

> I think you mean ‘despise’, it doesn’t have a ‘z’ pronunciation…
>
> But anyway, I don’t particularly like it myself but it’s more fair to the zombie. I think it should stay. Rounds don’t last as long and only skilled survive.

I’d be mostly fine with zombie ghosts if a human melee was enough to defeat a zombie and survive. I guess when going against swords, the humans can get the sword-block which was fun; but vs. hammers they just get… violated.