ZETA HALO

I hope that zeta halo in campaign has more enviroments than just grass, trees and stone. Like deserts, snowy mountians, lakes and stuff.

> 2535453809720436;1:
> I hope that zeat halo in campaign has more enviroments than just grass, trees and stone. Like deserts, snowy mountians, lakes and stuff.

That would be a very welcome addition to the series. In their latest blog post, 343 mentioned it to be really open-world. They also will be introducing a day/night cycle (which is awesome), so it makes me wonder about if they’ll add an active/dynamic weather system too.

With how long this game has been in development, I’d be shocked to see just grassy terrain. There’s likely going to be several different environments. I can’t think of a Halo game that didn’t have varied terrain, in fact. Over ten year old games like H3 had grass, desert, snow, and urban environments. Heck thanks to Bungie, I can’t go to a place with snow without thinking about the Flood lol. I went snowboarding over the winter and remembered how halos use cold weather to slow the spread of the Flood lol.

I know it was more of a demo for the Slipspace Engine itself, but I remember the teaser dropped a few years back for Infinite had what appeared to be a desert environment. So it’s certainly achievable.

I think we will most likely see more environments in the upcoming Halo Infinite especially with the game going to have open world gameplay.

It kinda of sounds like there’ll be more biomes. They said the game starts in the forest section, that makes me think there is more than just green forests.

While I love the optimism that we will see more environments, I want to slide in a reminder that we haven’t yet.

Personally I don’t think we’ve had any good urban combat under 343 yet. I recognise that Zeta Halo is hardly the best place for it, but I just love urban combat in Halo.

> 2535435902217648;3:
> With how long this game has been in development, I’d be shocked to see just grassy terrain. There’s likely going to be several different environments. I can’t think of a Halo game that didn’t have varied terrain, in fact. Over ten year old games like H3 had grass, desert, snow, and urban environments. Heck thanks to Bungie, I can’t go to a place with snow without thinking about the Flood lol. I went snowboarding over the winter and remembered how halos use cold weather to slow the spread of the Flood lol.

could be a multiple environment halo ring, since anything could be possible with the new game engine and stuff

Well in yesterday’s Inside Infinite there was a part where they said “Biomes” which leads me to think that they’re is more than just a grassy place, more like tundras or desserts, etc. This isn’t probably a full on Halo example but kinda like Minecraft’s way of handling biomes could be integrated to the game if its not already present in the current build

They mention that Chief’s journey starts in the PNW biome. Starts. And I agree with Boot above that mentioning a single biome does lead one to believe there could be others.

> 2535415550845469;9:
> Well in yesterday’s Inside Infinite there was a part where they said “Biomes” which leads me to think that they’re is more than just a grassy place, more like tundras or desserts, etc. This isn’t probably a full on Halo example but kinda like Minecraft’s way of handling biomes could be integrated to the game if its not already present in the current build

> 2591580321307319;10:
> They mention that Chief’s journey starts in the PNW biome. Starts. And I agree with Boot above that mentioning a single biome does lead one to believe there could be others.

Sadly they actually confirmed that the PNW is the only biome, and that within that we will just see sub-biomes i.e. mountain tops, swamps, dead areas. Practically confirmed that we will not see tundras, deserts, snow at launch on our $60 next gen game.

I hope it’s like that, halo infinite, it would look beautiful to see those landscapes

> 2535454009690220;12:
> I hope it’s like that, halo infinite, it would look beautiful to see those landscapes

If only! I would settle for the biomes we saw in the 2018 trailer but it seems like even that didn’t make the cut.

Infinite should definitely have different biomes. 343 has no excuse to not add biomes. CE had them…

> 2533274818575073;2:
> > 2535453809720436;1:
> > I hope that zeat halo in campaign has more enviroments than just grass, trees and stone. Like deserts, snowy mountians, lakes and stuff.
>
> That would be a very welcome addition to the series. In their latest blog post, 343 mentioned it to be really open-world. They also will be introducing a day/night cycle (which is awesome), so it makes me wonder about if they’ll add an active/dynamic weather system too.

:pray:t2:_I hope so!_🙏🏻

> 2535426515273563;14:
> Infinite should definitely have different biomes. 343 has no excuse to not add biomes. CE had them…

Well… not if they’re not required by the campaign. CE you were running all over Installation 04, Infinite seems much more self-contained so a single biome with appropriate variation in campaign makes much more sense

> 2533274874872263;16:
> > 2535426515273563;14:
> > Infinite should definitely have different biomes. 343 has no excuse to not add biomes. CE had them…
>
> Well… not if they’re not required by the campaign. CE you were running all over Installation 04, Infinite seems much more self-contained so a single biome with appropriate variation in campaign makes much more sense

I’m not sure I understand your logic. How is Infinite more “self-contained?” I really don’t want to pay $60 to explore a massive version of what would have been a single mission in CE. With different sections of the ring I was at least hoping to see some desert, jungle, etc.

> 2533274812002202;13:
> > 2535454009690220;12:
> > I hope it’s like that, halo infinite, it would look beautiful to see those landscapes
>
> If only! I would settle for the biomes we saw in the 2018 trailer but it seems like even that didn’t make the cut.

Most of that trailer looks like variations of the main biome. And since 343 said there would be caves and sub-biomes, I don’t think it’s too much to say that we could see most everything from the trailer. Maybe the sub-biomes aren’t all that small. And obviously they’re keeping a lot of things secret. It’s gotta be way, way better than what we know.

I’m hoping for the palace of pain or cave paintings from the cave people that where on zeta halo.

> 2533274812002202;17:
> > 2533274874872263;16:
> > > 2535426515273563;14:
> > > Infinite should definitely have different biomes. 343 has no excuse to not add biomes. CE had them…
> >
> > Well… not if they’re not required by the campaign. CE you were running all over Installation 04, Infinite seems much more self-contained so a single biome with appropriate variation in campaign makes much more sense
>
> I’m not sure I understand your logic. How is Infinite more “self-contained?” I really don’t want to pay $60 to explore a massive version of what would have been a single mission in CE. With different sections of the ring I was at least hoping to see some desert, jungle, etc.

Infinite’s maps are going to be huge - double the size of any two campaign sizes before but likewise the transition between missions isn’t going to be as jarring - there’s going to be far less ‘cutscene, skip few hours, you’re somewhere else’ - it’s on you to travel that distance. It would be pretty jarring to come over a ridge and suddenly the scenery changes entirely. That’s my point. Biome transition to sub-biome etc makes complete sense as the changes have to be gradual.

CE you travel all over a ring to various different locations