Zero Gravity Combat for Halo 4

The Thruster Pack (Model: 050978[1]), also known as the T-PACK for short, is a UNSC-issue form of propulsion for use by individuals on deep-space missions.

Designed for long-range deep-space operations, M-050978 thruster packs are still some of the riskiest equipment available. They feature triple redundancy NAV systems and stabilizers. T-PACKs contain two tanks of compressed Triamino Hydrazine, which, if ruptured, would cause rapid loss of control, for which there is little a person can do. They can also be linked up to weapons such as MA5B Assault Rifles. Should the wearer fire the weapon, the pack will provide enough counter thrust to keep the wearer from spinning out of control. T-PACKS also contain emergency rescue lines of orange and white rope meant to rescue other people who are stranded in deep space. They are essentially a less advanced and effective version of the Covenant Antigravity Packs. Chief Mendez trained the Spartan-IIs with this type of equipment but warned them if one thing goes wrong the chance of rescue is non-existant.

So as we all know, in the trailer of halo 4 Master Chief uses an advanced version of the thruster pack, that is built into his armor, to navigate the Zero-G environment inside the forward unto dawn. It is also notable that in almost all of the spartan 4 armor pictures, it appears they have thruster packs built into there armor(only a differing style than MC’s)Spartan 4 Thruster Pack Screenshot

Multiplayer Halo 4 Vid with thruster packs on the armor.

Many people have told me this is a "jet pack or “Jump Pack” AA but if you look closely you will see it on every single spartan 4 in images of the multiplayer and videos 343 has released. Is it possible a double thurster assisted jump (on normal gravity maps)will be standard for all players? (tapping the A button twice).

Has anyone ever played the gameShatterd Horizons? It features zero grav combat as the main gameplay mechanic and is actually quite interesting.

Does anyone think its possible Halo-4 well include this type of game play? For campaign, spartan ops, and combat training multiplayer?

Canonically it makes sense that there would be more advances in zero-gravity combat equipment, and with the space superiority age coming to be for the human race it would make sense that spartan 4’s would see more advanced training with this type of equipment. Much like the spartan 2’s were trained with the orginal t-packs.

I think it has been all but confirmed that there will be zero-G combat in the campaign. I read something somewhere that the opening sequence consists of covenant attacking the floating wreck of the FUD and Master Chief has to go out and stop them.

> I think it has been all but confirmed that there will be zero-G combat in the campaign. I read something somewhere that the opening sequence consists of covenant attacking the floating wreck of the FUD and Master Chief has to go out and stop them.

Really!? This is great news if true, where did you read this?

hey there salty, i thought you didn’t come to these woods …

uhm, its possible, we don’t know what armour perks there will be, well, know of very little and very little information on them so i can imagine that a thruster double jump could be one of the armour perks.

or … thats the role that jetpack now fills, as it should have in reach.

> > I think it has been all but confirmed that there will be zero-G combat in the campaign. I read something somewhere that the opening sequence consists of covenant attacking the floating wreck of the FUD and Master Chief has to go out and stop them.
>
> Really!? This is great news if true, where did you read this?

GI leak months ago, but i think it would be similair to how it was in halo 2 from the first mission, i think its halo 2…

> hey there salty, i thought you didn’t come to these woods …
>
> uhm, its possible, we don’t know what armour perks there will be, well, know of very little and very little information on them so i can imagine that a thruster double jump could be one of the armour perks.
>
> or … thats the role that jetpack now fills, as it should have in reach.

Yup, nice to see someone from the forging community posting in here as well.

Not sure if you read my entire post, but what I am suggesting is that it very well could be a standard ability in Halo 4 for all players, regardless of AA choice, much like sprint. I mean, why is it on ALL the spartan 4 armor if its simply a “perk” or an “aa”?

Seems very strange to me… 343’s hiding something up there sleeves I can feel it…

> > hey there salty, i thought you didn’t come to these woods …
> >
> > uhm, its possible, we don’t know what armour perks there will be, well, know of very little and very little information on them so i can imagine that a thruster double jump could be one of the armour perks.
> >
> > or … thats the role that jetpack now fills, as it should have in reach.
>
> Yup, nice to see someone from the forging community posting in here as well.
>
> Not sure if you read my entire post, but what I am suggesting is that it very well could be a standard ability in Halo 4 for all players, regardless of AA choice, much like sprint. I mean, why is it on ALL the spartan 4 armor if its simply a “perk” or an “aa”?
>
>
> Seems very strange to me… 343’s hiding something up there sleeves I can feel it…

if you hadn’t noticed, those thrusters on the back where in previous halos and never used, i think they’re more for looks then actuall in-game use.

i did read it, though i found it a little confusing, i doubt it would be standard and i think it would be quite silly as standard, it will be damaging to height ground control, to fix this in the maps design would be intense verticallity which in return would also ruin to over gameplay.

as a perk though, i can see it working …

> if you hadn’t noticed, those thrusters on the back where in previous halos and never used, i think they’re more for looks then actuall in-game use.
>
> i did read it, though i found it a little confusing, i doubt it would be standard and i think it would be quite silly as standard, it will be damaging to height ground control, to fix this in the maps design would be intense verticallity which in return would also ruin to over gameplay.
>
> as a perk though, i can see it working …

I know exactly what you are talking about. They look similar, i must agree, but there is definitely a difference.

Here is a comparison.
Halo 3

Halo 4

As you can see, they are much much more pronounced and have a lot of extra geometry to them that would suggest they are thrust-er packs and actually serve a purpose.Rather than aesthetics bumps, as in the previous Halo’s.

If it is simply a double jump, twice the height of a normal jump, and is only able to be used sparingly with the loss of accuracy for grenades and shooting, I don’t see it as too much of a game breaker at all IMO. But we will have to wait and see now wont we!

Also, I could see maps becoming slightly more vertical but with only a double jump, maps would not have to change to drastically IMO.