Yup they're forged

Orion and Pegasus as well as the 4 btb maps are all forged and 343 counted them as maps. The December teaser shows another forge map. No new weapons just skins and variants. Well…im disappointed. I’m not counting the SPNKR or forged maps as new, especially considering that we’ll now be able to forge. Oh well. Guess its most likely all the free “maps” will be forged.

Basin, Recurve, and Deadlock are all different from the originals and are awesome.

Guillotine is a perfect remake of headlong.

I’m loving all the maps so far. Who cares if their forged, their still great maps to play on.

Ya but we could make those ourselves. Its not a bad thing but it is disappointing. Don’t tell be the difference between dev maps and forge maps is negligible. And they aren’t even designing the maps from scratch.

I like the 4 forge maps from btb but they have less detail. I would like to see maps that are created from the bottom without forge. Playing forge maps is fun but they all have the similar structures and they feel almost the same.

I would love if most of the new maps next year aren’t forged

Don’t forget about the breakout maps. They are all Forged as well and they counted as 20+ maps at launch.

We will be getting REAL maps as part of DLC. These were merely for the BTB playlist update.

Man when The Pit came out for Halo 4, I was excited… They really should use some of those great maps in Halo 5. And SandTrap for Team Snipes… Epic.

> 2535466171875810;3:
> Ya but we could make those ourselves. Its not a bad thing but it is disappointing. Don’t tell be the difference between dev maps and forge maps is negligible. And they aren’t even designing the maps from scratch.

^This is the main thing that’s so bad about it. The community would’ve made these maps anyway. It’s like they think withholding Forge from us lets them get away with not having to put work into making real maps. Let’s be honest, if Forge were available at launch, these Forge DLC maps would be a whole lot less ok.

> 2535466171875810;3:
> Ya but we could make those ourselves. Its not a bad thing but it is disappointing. Don’t tell be the difference between dev maps and forge maps is negligible. And they aren’t even designing the maps from scratch.

I think you’re being too harsh on forge maps. Do the maps play well? Imo, yes. Does the BTB playlist play like BTB used to? Imo, yes. The maps are fine. Why do people have to be so judgmental about everything that gets released?

What is wrong with playing on maps made in forge?? Like really, what’s the actual problem people have with this. I don’t get it.

I do understand the sentiment behind Forge maps being counted as the official 18 post-launch maps, and I do agree. However, I will say that it is probably a good idea to show what can be done in just one week with the amazing tools held in Forge. All of the Forge maps were built in the sky, so none of the pieces, even the ground, are from the actual base maps. I know for certain that we will be getting non-Forge maps, even if they are only remixes of existing Arena maps. And, of course, we are getting at least 6 Warzone maps post-launch, 3 of which must be base Warzone, and 3 of which are likely remixes of these maps for Warzone Assault. None of those can be Forged either. All I can honestly say is just wait and see. I doubt we’ll be seeing any more official Forged maps after December adds the tool for everyone to use, but that’s an educated guess on my part.

I wasn’t really active on these forums before recently, but back in the Halo 4 days I liked playing the community forge maps in matchmaking. I don’t see the problem as long as we have different maps to play on for no extra cost.

Some of the best maps in Reach were forged such as Hemmorage and The Cage.

Why the heck would you not count the SpNkR?

> 2535466171875810;1:
> Guess its most likely all the free “maps” will be forged.

Nope, not even all the BTB maps. Frank already hinted at BTB ‘‘real’’ maps.

> 2535466171875810;1:
> Guess its most likely all the free “maps” will be forged.

Nope, not even all the BTB maps. Frank already hinted at BTB ‘‘real’’ maps.

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

> 2535466171875810;1:
> Orion and Pegasus as well as the 4 btb maps are all forged and 343 counted them as maps. The December teaser shows another forge map. No new weapons just skins and variants. Well…im disappointed. I’m not counting the SPNKR or forged maps as new, especially considering that we’ll now be able to forge. Oh well. Guess its most likely all the free “maps” will be forged.

No to mention the Breakout maps are all forged.

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

> 2533274823925528;15:
> > 2535466171875810;1:
> > Guess its most likely all the free “maps” will be forged.
>
>
> Nope, not even all the BTB maps. Frank already hinted at BTB ‘‘real’’ maps.

They also hinted at 20 maps at launch. They’ve actually released a whopping total of 6 real maps.