You've disappointed me 343.

I’ve waited for months to reserve my final opinion for 343. I cut them slack for Reach since it wasn’t originally theirs. I waited until H4 had a few updates and they had the chance to respond to community criticism.

I officially will now never buy another 343 game, they just don’t know how to think things through and understand the repercussions of their changes. They have no clue how to balance a game, and they’re now having to make changes to mistakes which they were warned about by this community months before H4 was gold-locked.

Good bye board, it is your loss. I’ve helped out many players here, and honestly all I’ve gotten in return was the misfortune of dealing with several trolls, newbs who thought they were qualified to tell me I’m wrong on tactics/strategy when their KD’s are a THIRD of mine, and generally stupid people. Of course there are a few exceptions and you guys know who you are.

Good bye 343, unlike many others who immediately were calling you terrible, I gave you a fair chance. Despite having many former Bungie employees to educate you, you still have no clue what you’re doing.

I’ve never enjoyed a series the way I’ve enjoyed Halo, and you guys have killed that, and a piece of me along with it.

You guys ignore the physically handicapped gamers BEGGING for custom controls. Borderlands 2 had them, Defiance had them, damn near every PC game has them. Why can’t you guys add them in? The answer of course is that you CAN, you just don’t care enough of the community and/or you’re too lazy to make the effort.

You guys ignore the “Trick jump” community and leave jet packs in the game.

You guys ignore the machinima community which begs for file share videos to be downloadable to computer without capture card, and instead give them a green screen. Really? A green screen? The amount of effort required for me to take a dump is greater than the effort it took you to add in a green screen.
Lets not forget that map the green screen came with…circular islands! Wow. I pray that you have reached the peak of your laziness, and that you can’t get any lazier.

The game mechanics are incredibly inconsistent. I could be driving a guass hog and a single sticky nade kills both of us, while time after time I’ve stuck the enemy hog with TWO plasma nades and it rolls away unscathed.
Half of the time when I go for a simple backsmack, it fails to register.
Half of the time when somebody is behind cover, and the ONLY exposed part of them is their head, I can shoot them with a sniper and drop their shields but not earn the kill, despite again the head being the only exposed part.

The last straw though was the CSR, which my friends and I have been waiting for for months. So after reading a few threads and having one of my own, here is the just of CSR:
In Slayer:
The guy who goes 20-19 in a Guass Hog / Tank / Banshee, should get more credit than the person who goes 15-0 solely with a DMR and no powerweapons.
The guy who drove the Guass hog, and went 0-0 with 20 assists, gets no rank up credit, and actually DERANKS.
If you join a game with 30 seconds left, and get 2 kills in that time, the game considers you to have taken part in the entire game and you are scored as such (Derank).

So SMART conservative gameplay leading to higher KD and more wins is now frowned upon. The new incentive is to grab any power weapon you can and go Rambo, only going for total kills and not KD.
Oh, you went 15-2, but we lost the game by 5 because Rambo over here went 23-35. Well let’s derank you, and rank up Rambo.

Well, we HAD map control on Ragnarok until Rambo blocked the spawns and they switched.
Well, we HAD the banshee until Rambo kept trying to splatter everybody with it and got skyjacked
Well, we HAD the tank until Rambo decided to charge the enemy base with it instead of staying back.
Well, I HAD the sniper until Rambo decided to splatter me for it, so he could pad his stats.

Here’s the key thing you apparently don’t comprehend 343, INCENTIVES! If you reward people for playing like selfish greedy newbs, then that’s what they will do. Adding in a stupid little Distraction medal does NOT give people an incentive to play as a team!

Worst of all, is that you were given this tremendous gift of the Halo franchise name. Any other developer would KILL for that. You’ve squandered your gift, and were UNDESERVING of it. If you’d ruined your own creation, that would be one thing. You’ve taken something which people loved, and have reduced it to a shadow of its former glory.

The Holy Grail of gaming, thrown to the ground and trampled upon.
Did you never appreciate what you were given? Did you never even try to understand what made Halo great? Did you never try to have a balanced sandbox? Are you oblivious to the concept that power weapons should be STRONGER than starting weapons, but be few and far between?

Did you never see beyond the increased profits which would come with dumbing down the series?

Game programming is so much more than just knowing how to write an algorithm. It requires passion for what you’re doing. Something you guys have either lost, or never had.

The people at 343 ought to be ashamed of themselves. Your laziness, lack of insight, and all around PANDERING to the casual community have destroyed the series.

Sadly there are always 12 year olds who have no clue what a good game is, who will beg their lazy parents to buy this game for them. You’ll never have to worry about going bankrupt as long as you can keep going after low hanging fruit.

Most businesses have to worry about keeping their customers happy. 343, you have chosen to just target newer casual gamers who possess the lowest standards.

You have chosen to no longer strive to accomplish something great, you have chosen to no longer attempt to be innovative with the Halo franchise (No, taking concepts which have been in other FPS for YEARS is NOT innovative, it is lazy and took no effort).

You have chosen to increase randomness and decrease the skill gap as much as possible. You have chosen to incentivize greedy selfish players rather than those who play for the team in Slayer based games. You have chosen to make the least amount of effort possible, and expect us to be grateful for trinkets like the green screen.

If I honestly took the effort to list all of your faults and screw-ups, the it would take me the better part of the day. Believe me when I say that this is a CONDENSED list of your shortcomings and incompetence. You guys are supposed to be professionals. You shouldn’t have to be told simple things by people who aren’t even programmers. Take some pride in your jobs and make the effort to do it right.

I honestly hope that you lay awake at night regretful of the choices you’ve made. I hope you take and use that guilt, and try to atone and make amends by making Halo 5 a game actually worthy of the franchise. I hope when you’re developing H5, the words “No that’s too much work” never enter your thoughts. I hope you guys make decisions without the marketing department involved. I hope you guys bother to find the people who have had a PASSION for this series, and beg them to educate you on how this series used to be great.
I will be euphoric to admit I was wrong if you guys learn from your mistakes and fix the Halo series.
I hope I will be wrong, because for now…you’ve disappointed me 343.

This must’ve took forever to write lol.

Anyways all very good points. I’ve also given them time and still am, getting nothing back except disappointment. But…theres that bit of hope that makes me think that somehow 343 will pull this off…just maybe.

You’ve disappointed me OP.

After I read the first paragraph I thought you might actually have some valid complains, but your thread soon degraded into a typical 343-bashing rant (half of which used points that were blatantly false).

Goodbye.

Reach, was all bungies, and don’t act like 343 is like Bungie. This was their first game, and while it was Over-hyped, at least they are trying to fix it. Get you head out of your Yoink, IT’S THEIR FIRST GAME. Now if Halo 5 is this bad…

> Reach, was all bungies, and don’t act like 343 is like Bungie. This was their first game, and while it was Over-hyped, at least they are trying to fix it. Get you head out of your Yoink, IT’S THEIR FIRST GAME. Now if Halo 5 is this bad…

…we have a major problem.

> Reach, was all bungies, and don’t act like 343 is like Bungie. This was their first game, and while it was Over-hyped, at least they are trying to fix it. Get you head out of your Yoink, IT’S THEIR FIRST GAME. Now if Halo 5 is this bad…

Reach was ORIGINALLY Bungie’s. 343 could have fixed it if they wanted to when they took over. They instead made minor improvements to some areas, and messed up other areas.
And yes this is their “Ground up” game, which is why I’ve given them the courtesy of waiting about 5 months after H4’s release date, and have waited until they’ve made changes / announced other changes. It shouldn’t take them this long to figure out what this board has been telling them for over a year. When they announced JIP people immediately told them exactly what the downfall to it would be, they had plenty of time to figure out a way to prevent it, and they were unable to.

If my dog took this long to learn something, I would’ve given him away by now. Yeah that’s probably a bit harsh, but still true.

Maybe this wouldnt have happened if they would’ve released a beta.

> > Reach, was all bungies, and don’t act like 343 is like Bungie. This was their first game, and while it was Over-hyped, at least they are trying to fix it. Get you head out of your Yoink, IT’S THEIR FIRST GAME. Now if Halo 5 is this bad…
>
> Maybe this wouldnt have happened if they would’ve released a beta.

I feel like 4 is almost a beta to 5.

> > Reach, was all bungies, and don’t act like 343 is like Bungie. This was their first game, and while it was Over-hyped, at least they are trying to fix it. Get you head out of your Yoink, IT’S THEIR FIRST GAME. Now if Halo 5 is this bad…
>
> Reach was ORIGINALLY Bungie’s. 343 could have fixed it if they wanted to when they took over. They instead made minor improvements to some areas, and messed up other areas.
> And yes this is their “Ground up” game, which is why I’ve given them the courtesy of waiting about 5 months after H4’s release date, and have waited until they’ve made changes / announced other changes. It shouldn’t take them this long to figure out what this board has been telling them for over a year. When they announced JIP people immediately told them exactly what the downfall to it would be, they had plenty of time to figure out a way to prevent it, and they were unable to.
>
> If my dog took this long to learn something, I would’ve given him away by now. Yeah that’s probably a bit harsh, but still true.

You basically want them to re-write the entire game. That’s the equivalent to wanting a cat out of your dog.

>
> Maybe this wouldnt have happened if they would’ve released a beta.

It boils down to who is in charge over there. Again they’ve been told for over a year now that certain “New features/improvements” would have an adverse effect on the series, and they ignored it.

The Beta only allows players to bring things to 343’s attention, it is up to THEM to decide to accept the criticism as valid/invalid, and then act upon it.

So while I thank you for trying to be constructive in this thread, I respectfully disagree with you.

> > > Reach, was all bungies, and don’t act like 343 is like Bungie. This was their first game, and while it was Over-hyped, at least they are trying to fix it. Get you head out of your Yoink, IT’S THEIR FIRST GAME. Now if Halo 5 is this bad…
> >
> > Reach was ORIGINALLY Bungie’s. 343 could have fixed it if they wanted to when they took over. They instead made minor improvements to some areas, and messed up other areas.
> > And yes this is their “Ground up” game, which is why I’ve given them the courtesy of waiting about 5 months after H4’s release date, and have waited until they’ve made changes / announced other changes. It shouldn’t take them this long to figure out what this board has been telling them for over a year. When they announced JIP people immediately told them exactly what the downfall to it would be, they had plenty of time to figure out a way to prevent it, and they were unable to.
> >
> > If my dog took this long to learn something, I would’ve given him away by now. Yeah that’s probably a bit harsh, but still true.
>
> You basically want them to re-write the entire game. That’s the equivalent to wanting a cat out of your dog.

Do you have programming experience? I’m going to bet that you do not, otherwise you wouldn’t make such an outlandish claim as that they would have to re-write the ENTIRE game. Some aspects intertwine with each other yes, but many things are simple fixes which were just ignored.

Bye :slight_smile:

> Bye :slight_smile:

Goodbye non-constructive troll, you’re part of the problem with this forum. Hope you’re pleased with yourself.

bungie was better. reach was way more fun. When we had halo 3 that’s all I played. when we had reach… that’s all I played… we have halo 4… which i pick up for a week and then go to old games like skyrim and BF3 or decide to replay the mass effect franchise. I almost though about buying COD. The fact that thought jumped in my mind is horrifying. Horrifying that halo 4 is not even in the same league as a bungie game.

> > > > Reach, was all bungies, and don’t act like 343 is like Bungie. This was their first game, and while it was Over-hyped, at least they are trying to fix it. Get you head out of your Yoink, IT’S THEIR FIRST GAME. Now if Halo 5 is this bad…
> > >
> > > Reach was ORIGINALLY Bungie’s. 343 could have fixed it if they wanted to when they took over. They instead made minor improvements to some areas, and messed up other areas.
> > > And yes this is their “Ground up” game, which is why I’ve given them the courtesy of waiting about 5 months after H4’s release date, and have waited until they’ve made changes / announced other changes. It shouldn’t take them this long to figure out what this board has been telling them for over a year. When they announced JIP people immediately told them exactly what the downfall to it would be, they had plenty of time to figure out a way to prevent it, and they were unable to.
> > >
> > > If my dog took this long to learn something, I would’ve given him away by now. Yeah that’s probably a bit harsh, but still true.
> >
> > You basically want them to re-write the entire game. That’s the equivalent to wanting a cat out of your dog.
>
> Do you have programming experience? I’m going to bet that you do not, otherwise you wouldn’t make such an outlandish claim as that they would have to re-write the ENTIRE game. Some aspects intertwine with each other yes, but many things are simple fixes which were just ignored.

While I do not have such experience, you want new game mechanics (bullet hitting registration among other things) Not only would that update be massive, but it would take them actually re-writing the entire game.

>
> bungie was better. reach was way more fun. When we had halo 3 that’s all I played. when we had reach… that’s all I played… we have halo 4… which i pick up for a week and then go to old games like skyrim and BF3 or decide to replay the mass effect franchise. <mark>I almost though about buying COD</mark>. The fact that thought jumped in my mind is horrifying. Horrifying that halo 4 is not even in the same league as a bungie game.

Its weird, I’ve been thinking the same thing, as alot of my friends have moved to other games.

How could you be so thoughtless!? You stereotyped everyone that works for 343 to be lazy and careless. That is an awefully harsh statement, considering the fact that they’ve taken a few years to develope this game. And don’t give me that “well the game was bad” crap because I doubt you could do any better. There’s a lot more work that goes into making a game besides weapon balance. You may not like the multiplayer maps, but there is no doubt that they put in a lot of effort into the design and beauty of their maps.

Try to think a little before claiming false statements.

> > > Reach, was all bungies, and don’t act like 343 is like Bungie. This was their first game, and while it was Over-hyped, at least they are trying to fix it. Get you head out of your Yoink, IT’S THEIR FIRST GAME. Now if Halo 5 is this bad…
> >
> > bungie was better. reach was way more fun. When we had halo 3 that’s all I played. when we had reach… that’s all I played… we have halo 4… which i pick up for a week and then go to old games like skyrim and BF3 or decide to replay the mass effect franchise. <mark>I almost though about buying COD</mark>. The fact that thought jumped in my mind is horrifying. Horrifying that halo 4 is not even in the same league as a bungie game.
>
> Its weird, I’ve been thinking the same thing, as alot of my friends have moved to other games.

Oh good. I’m not the only one.

> While I do not have such experience, you want new game mechanics (bullet hitting registration among other things) Not only would that update be massive, but it would take them actually re-writing the entire game.

A) Bullet registration is in no way, shape, or form, a NEW mechanic. That is something which should come standard in any FPS.
B) Which “Among other things” are new mechanics that I want?

I’m not asking for newer mechanics, I’m asking for them NOT TO ADD IN FLAWED MECANICS. H4 has problems which other Halos did not. These were ADDED IN by 343 when they created this game. Asking them not to add in garbage, is a significantly lower standard then asking them to add in something amazing.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I agree with everything you’re saying. This game is a complete disappointment. It’s obvious that 343 has no idea what they’re doing. INB4 this gets edited by a moderator.