"You've been out there a while."

In the Discover Hope E3 trailer, the pilot says that Chief has been in space for a while. How does he know that? He couldn’t have gathered that from looking at the armor’s hardware, right? Maybe he was aware or even a part of the event that put Chief in that situation. Maybe they were acquainted prior to this, since the pilot addresses Chief with such familiarity.

I assumed that the pilot was part of the battle that resulted in Chief being adrift in space, and the pilot knows how long he’s been in the Pelican for. Based on his beard, it has to have been a few weeks.

I don’t think his familiarity with Chief is of significance, because everybody knows Master Chief. We even saw a child playing with a Master Chief toy in one of the trailers for either Halo 4 or 5. Whereas Chief didn’t address the pilot with the familiarity he would do Lasky, so I don’t think they’ve met before. That’s at least the impression I had.

Chief doesn’t often speak with familiarity even with people he knows, like Lasky.

Here’s my theory:

The breach contained’ is most likely a reference to a fight, at roughly the same time the Halo breaks apart. At the time the mans beard is small.

At the time of the breach I believe the chief is somewhere near the destruction of the ring, fails to escape, ends up in space.
Meanwhile at the same time the man is knocked out by accident for a couple of hours or day.

After a while the man is shown to have a larger beard, which means time has passed for a fair amount of time, which would mean the Chief would have had to been out there for a long time. The reason why I believe this is for a long time is because the person looks like he’s no communication with anyone for a while and the reason the person says “we’re going home” is because he hasn’t seen anyone in a while, believe’s that he will rescued since the ship itself looks like it’s been in drift for a while.

You think Chief could survive in the suit for almost a year? I honestly don’t know what this new suit’s capabilities are, but I didn’t think it would last him that long.
Perhaps when he was checking Chief’s suit, it had some sort of information that lead to the pilot’s conclusion?
Idk, I’m just spitballin here

> 2533274955181440;5:
> You think Chief could survive in the suit for almost a year? I honestly don’t know what this new suit’s capabilities are, but I didn’t think it would last him that long.
> Perhaps when he was checking Chief’s suit, it had some sort of information that lead to the pilot’s conclusion?
> Idk, I’m just spitballin here

That ain’t a year’s worth of hair growth. That’s like a couple months’ worth.

I hope you know that Chief is literally the symbol of the UNSC. If something happens too this man word probably would spread fast. Also wouldn’t be outta the question too assume the pilot was there too see what happend to chief.

This is why I’m hoping there will be a prologue of sorts that is shown before this opening cut scene. Kinda like how CE had the whole combat spin up scene for the PoA before Chief was unthawed.

For Infinite, it would be nice to have a prologue that gives some context to why the Chief is floating in space. Perhaps a series of scenes showing what Chief was doing before he ended up in space that is narrated by Lasky. Then the prologue fades to black and we get the cut scene we saw in the trailer.

> 2533274964025169;6:
> > 2533274955181440;5:
> > You think Chief could survive in the suit for almost a year? I honestly don’t know what this new suit’s capabilities are, but I didn’t think it would last him that long.
> > Perhaps when he was checking Chief’s suit, it had some sort of information that lead to the pilot’s conclusion?
> > Idk, I’m just spitballin here
>
> That ain’t a year’s worth of hair growth. That’s like a couple months’ worth.

About, yes.

Imagine if the pilot had a Snickers on him when they get… Lit up with bright light and electricity.

P: “We need to run”
C: “No, we need to fight”
P: “Chief, have a Snickers, you’re not you when your hungry”
C: NOM
C: “We still need to fight”
Because that’s who the Chief is, when he’s hungry, when he’s not.

Seriously though, that suit must contain a cryo-function to enabled Chief from dying due to dehydration and starvation, if we assume air isn’t an issue.

Unless the cheif ended up infront of the pelican somewhat before he was discovered and the pilot just assumed they got stranded at the same time.