Youtube Video: Have you say!!!!

Hi guys I’m making a new video for my YouTube discussing Halo: Infinite’s multiplayer and would love to hear what you guys would want/not want in the multiplayer and deconstruct it :slight_smile: if you have channels or media platforms you would want me to share I can do that too :slight_smile:
YouTube: UnbidEmperor

> 2533274852449822;1:
> Hi guys I’m making a new video for my YouTube discussing Halo: Infinite’s multiplayer and would love to hear what you guys would want/not want in the multiplayer and deconstruct it :slight_smile: if you have channels or media platforms you would want me to share I can do that too :slight_smile:
> YouTube: UnbidEmperor

No ground pound and Spartan charge

I think one problem with stabilize/thrusters (and the wind-up for ground pound) is that it makes the Spartans feel too light. I think jumping should keep the same vertical movement, and thrusters only add horizontal velocity. Removing stabilize, the vertical “stop” from thrusters, and ground pound would do a lot to make Halo feel more classic while still keeping in a little mid-air combat maneuverability.

Furthermore, i think ground pound and spartan charge are a little silly. They feel more super-hero than super-soldier. On the gameplay side of things, they remove the need for weapon/equipment pickups that could fill the same role. I appreciate the complexity they add to Halo’s combat, but i worry that the game will end up feeling more like crackdown or destiny.

On that note, i think players should never be taken out of the first person perspective (though i’m flexible when vehicles/turrets are involved).

I don’t think sprint and clamber hurt the Halo formula too much. I would prefer sprint be removed by default (maybe an ability like reach) to make the game less of a quick-draw fest, and keep Spartans in a move-and-shoot stance. I think clamber is nice, but maybe shouldn’t lower the player’s weapon, and maybe be limited to shorter ledges.

Move-and-shoot, and maps designed to complement that mentality. I trust that 343i can find a nice balance that punishes players for being out of position without making too many no-man’s-lands that break the map’s flow. Of course some maps will be tuned for different gamemodes, vehicles, etc.

Encourage map and power weapon control. Have weapon starts (and other mechanics) that encourage players to pickup weapons from the map, without being too punishing to the team without power weapons. No loadouts (for most gamemodes at least).

Low aim assist for better cross-play with PC. Debatable skill-based social matchmaking.

Lol… no bugs, good respawn points, high frame rate, good forge, custom games browser, file share, theatre, many gamemodes at launch, etc.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions or if something i said above is unclear.

Good luck with your video.

Keep sprint (although wouldn’t mind it time limited), clamber, slide, and thrusters.

Somewhat ambivalent on hover and ground pound.

Definitely get rid of shoulder charge.

> 2533274917301945;3:
> Low aim assist for better cross-play with PC.

Pc will probably have no aim assist and halo 5’s aim assist was really low anyway

Return of armor abilities, no advanced movement.

> 2533274975565198;6:
> Return of armor abilities, no advanced movement.

Do u mean like sprint and armour lock?

> 2535467938018614;7:
> > 2533274975565198;6:
> > Return of armor abilities, no advanced movement.
>
> Do u mean like sprint and armour lock?

Definitely not armor lock; I mainly mean Halo 4’s active camo, jetpack, etc. Hell even if they only existed in custom games I’d be happy.

> 2533274975565198;8:
> > 2535467938018614;7:
> > > 2533274975565198;6:
> > > Return of armor abilities, no advanced movement.
> >
> > Do u mean like sprint and armour lock?
>
> Definitely not armor lock; I mainly mean Halo 4’s active camo, jetpack, etc. Hell even if they only existed in custom games I’d be happy.

but spawning with things like active camo mean the lack of power ups on the field like over shield. this creates a call of duty demographic where you don’t need to keep hold of a power position which moves away from halos core formula

> 2535467938018614;9:
> > 2533274975565198;8:
> > > 2535467938018614;7:
> > > > 2533274975565198;6:
> > > > Return of armor abilities, no advanced movement.
> > >
> > > Do u mean like sprint and armour lock?
> >
> > Definitely not armor lock; I mainly mean Halo 4’s active camo, jetpack, etc. Hell even if they only existed in custom games I’d be happy.
>
> but spawning with things like active camo mean the lack of power ups on the field like over shield. this creates a call of duty demographic where you don’t need to keep hold of a power position which moves away from halos core formula

Armor abilities don’t belong in arena, but I think we should still have the option to utilize them in other modes depending on whether the map supports those abilities.

> 2533274852449822;1:
> Hi guys I’m making a new video for my YouTube discussing Halo: Infinite’s multiplayer and would love to hear what you guys would want/not want in the multiplayer and deconstruct it :slight_smile: if you have channels or media platforms you would want me to share I can do that too :slight_smile:
> YouTube: UnbidEmperor

Love to seee passion on Halo :slight_smile:

> 2535467938018614;9:
> > 2533274975565198;8:
> > > 2535467938018614;7:
> > > > 2533274975565198;6:
> > > > Return of armor abilities, no advanced movement.
> > >
> > > Do u mean like sprint and armour lock?
> >
> > Definitely not armor lock; I mainly mean Halo 4’s active camo, jetpack, etc. Hell even if they only existed in custom games I’d be happy.
>
> but spawning with things like active camo mean the lack of power ups on the field like over shield. this creates a call of duty demographic where you don’t need to keep hold of a power position which moves away from halos core formula

It doesn’t mean that it has to lack them, and in Reach they could be map pickups too. Some modes you couldn’t spawn with equipment but had to find it, others you could.
Besides we also have to consider that balancing the whole game around Team Slayer in Arena’s going to affect Custom Game potential, Campaign, etc. Social game modes exist too, and Halo 5 was massively lacking in that department until very late in its lifespan. I’d rather not further cripple Customs because of some hyperfocusing on “But competitive play!!!”

So just have a switch for it then. Again, like Reach: The Arena side won’t have loadout spawns or certain things on the map, like how Halo 5 you don’t see Advanced Weapons in Arena. One side of things needn’t decide how the whole game is built.

Besides, whether you can do dodge rolls or make auto-sentries at start or not doesn’t mean you suddenly no longer have to control the Banshee and Rocket spawns. So it doesn’t entirely remove the need for map control.

> 2533274975565198;10:
> > 2535467938018614;9:
> > > 2533274975565198;8:
> > > Definitely not armor lock; I mainly mean Halo 4’s active camo, jetpack, etc. Hell even if they only existed in custom games I’d be happy.
> >
> > but spawning with things like active camo mean the lack of power ups on the field like over shield. this creates a call of duty demographic where you don’t need to keep hold of a power position which moves away from halos core formula
>
> Armor abilities don’t belong in arena, but I think we should still have the option to utilize them in other modes depending on whether the map supports those abilities.

I agree so very much. I actually missed some of the AA’s when doing Campaign, Customs, and WZ but remembered why they were removed: Too much focus on Arena stuff. Yeah, spawning with a Plasma Pistol and Invisibility sucked for competitive play and Arena settings, but removing the concept entirely also meant removing it in Campaign and Customs. :confused:

I honestly don’t care which movement system they use in Infinite, as long as it’s well balanced and fun it’ll be fine with me. I would like to see vehicles get more of the spotlight, Guardians only added 2 new vehicles to the series and only one of them belonged to the new faction, and the second was the only UNSC air vehicle in the game. I’d also like to see them put more of an emphasis on the ai, whether they’re added to forge, made more complex for singleplayer, or by having a multiplayer mode that let’s you fight alongside and against them in a battlefield scenario.

> 2533274850869596;12:
> > 2535467938018614;9:
> > > 2533274975565198;8:
> > > > 2535467938018614;7:
> > > > > 2533274975565198;6:
> > > > > Return of armor abilities, no advanced movement.
> > > >
> > > > Do u mean like sprint and armour lock?
> > >
> > > Besides, whether you can do dodge rolls or make auto-sentries at start or not doesn’t mean you suddenly no longer have to control the Banshee and Rocket spawns. So it doesn’t entirely remove the need for map control.

It doesn’t entirely remove it however it gets rid of the fair starts which among other things set halo apart from cod. on halo most of the time if you get killed it is because that player is better. if you get killed by a power weapon it should be because they got there before you but u both had an equal chance to grab it not because he chose a different loadout to you

> 2535467938018614;14:
> > 2533274850869596;12:
> > > 2535467938018614;9:
> > > > 2533274975565198;8:
> > > > > 2535467938018614;7:
> > > > > > 2533274975565198;6:
> > > > > > Return of armor abilities, no advanced movement.
> > > > >
> > > > > Do u mean like sprint and armour lock?
> > > >
> > > > Besides, whether you can do dodge rolls or make auto-sentries at start or not doesn’t mean you suddenly no longer have to control the Banshee and Rocket spawns. So it doesn’t entirely remove the need for map control.
>
> It doesn’t entirely remove it however it gets rid of the fair starts which among other things set halo apart from cod. on halo most of the time if you get killed it is because that player is better. if you get killed by a power weapon it should be because they got there before you but u both had an equal chance to grab it not because he chose a different loadout to you

Call of Duty isn’t the only shooter on the market, I don’t see why everyone immediately compares every single mechanic and trait - future, present, past or potential - to that series. Like, can’t people think up of a better comparison? Call of Duty’s not the only franchise to have loadouts either, and their presence isn’t the end all be all of balanced play either. Just because you spawn with a specific loadout doesn’t mean you’re automatically going to be better than other people and it’s no substitute for a lack of skill in a specific area. I don’t remember seeing all this hate for these things back in Reach though.

It’s this sort of talk that’s going to massively cripple Custom Games and Social Modes moving forward. instead of fully removing a concept, just have it switched off in these precious super high-end MLG Pro playlists and let everyone else be able to use the mechanics elsewhere. Otherwise it’s going to be like Halo 5 all over again but worse: Far too much focus on making the game hyper-competitive and sticking a knife into social modes. Several years later and some of those mistakes have been alleviated somewhat, but the hyper-competitiveness is still there. I’d rather Infinite not take that path again because the team’s too focused on this MLG Arena balancing for every mode the game has and then tacking Social things on as an afterthought.

Regardless, I don’t think it matters much debating the topic right now since it’s probable that they’ve already settled on a system for Infinite by now.

> 2535448942406310;13:
> I honestly don’t care which movement system they use in Infinite, as long as it’s well balanced and fun it’ll be fine with me. I would like to see vehicles get more of the spotlight, Guardians only added 2 new vehicles to the series and only one of them belonged to the new faction, and the second was the only UNSC air vehicle in the game. I’d also like to see them put more of an emphasis on the ai, whether they’re added to forge, made more complex for singleplayer, or by having a multiplayer mode that let’s you fight alongside and against them in a battlefield scenario.

Ditto; old, new, hybrid - I’ll play it regardless and don’t think it’s the “What will save or kill the franchise” topic some people keep insisting it is.

On the topic of vehicles, I’d love some of the Halo Wars vehicles to show up!