You're looking towards the wrong game!

The game that halo will resemble is not CoD, but it is…wait for it…CRYSIS! Yes, I said it, Crysis. To me Halo 4 will resemble crysis because it is over all balanced and the armour and “perks” are most likely going to be the same style. Crysis was fun, but it lacked community backing. So thats it Halo is a mix of Halo and Crysis. Not Halo and CoD. Spartan Ops does sound like spec ops but I can assure you it will be completely different. Nothing in Halo will resemble CoD. If the game resembles anything it’s Crysis. Both great games IMO.

EDIT

If you are going to compare games to H4 then compare it to Crysis. The two games are so much closer then Halo to CoD. Although 343i has said it won’t feel like any other game, they can not honestly say that. EVERY game has a game with similiar aspects to it. That’s all I was trying to say.

Agreed. The Spartan IV’s armour under the plates even look like Nanosuits.

I was thinking, why were people comparing it to CoD, when it is a lot closer to crysis. Crysis was amazing fun though, so if halo 4 is anything like it, that’s just one more reason why I will buy it.

I prefer and know that Halo 4 is staying Halo, BUT, I’d prefer they takes pages from CoD than Crysis 2. Crysis 2 multiplayer is terrible. Just terribblleee.

Don’t get me wrong, the game was lots of fun in campaign, but the broken parts are abused the hell out of in MP. Everyone camos with silenced weapons, you have to use nano vision and camo to combat them, which makes your suit run out of energy faster, then you gotta go hide to recharge, and then when you’re recharging someone sees you and kills you.

:expressionless:

> I was thinking, why were people comparing it to CoD, when it is a lot closer to crysis. Crysis was amazing fun though, so if halo 4 is anything like it, that’s just one more reason why I will buy it.

Glad to hear that. I can not wait for this game.

> > I was thinking, why were people comparing it to CoD, when it is a lot closer to crysis. Crysis was amazing fun though, so if halo 4 is anything like it, that’s just one more reason why I will buy it.
>
> Glad to hear that. I can not wait for this game.

Good, if you did there would be that slight chance that I would run into you in MP.

I love the stock you guys are placing in the word “Perks” as if 343 actually used that word, or as if it’s been explained to you.

OR as if any of you understand the scale of it’s implementation within any of the limited gameplay modes which have been only partially explained to you.

> I prefer and know that Halo 4 is staying Halo, BUT, I’d prefer they takes pages from CoD than Crysis 2. Crysis 2 multiplayer is terrible. Just terribblleee.

In your opinion…

I do like Crysis, and was pleased when EA accidently revealed Crysis 3.

But i think Crysis copied COD…

> I love the stock you guys are placing in the word “Perks” as if 343 actually used that word, or as if it’s been explained to you.

That’s why I put it in quotations. I’m just quoting the community until it’s official name is revealed.

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html

All of Frankie’s rebuttals in one nice place

I’m sick at Crysis :>

> But i think Crysis copied COD…

And CoD copied other things. Crysis just seems closer, it being a Sci-Fi, main character using a suit giving him super-human abilities, and the story is great IMO. The thing is, I wonder if people would care all that much if we used Crysis. CoD just stirs something…

> I prefer and know that Halo 4 is staying Halo

this is what needs to happen, or at least an option to play the way it should be, but really, as long as they don’t ruin campaign and have some form of classic I will like the game. I just don’t know why they think some of the stuff going into the game are a good idea but if they do it right I can still enjoy it.

Crisis online is terrible but it is better than cod. not that is any achievement.

> But i think Crysis copied COD…

Crysis was being came out around the time CoD4 came out. CoD4 is what made CoD.

Never played Crysis, but it sounds like a game I’d enjoy. I’m just glad that Halo is, at least, being compared to a game that’s not CoD…

> Never played Crysis, but it sounds like a game I’d enjoy. I’m just glad that Halo is, at least, being compared to a game that’s not CoD…

I really wish I would’ve realized it sooner. To much hate towards CoD. If you spend all you’re time hating then that’s all you’re ever gonna do is hate.

You know, speaking of Crysis, Crysis 3 was accidentally revealed by EA recently.

That Crysis 2 multiplayer never caught on is sad. The core gameplay is great - as a rule of thumb I hate short-killtimes games, and even I loved it - but it feels like no effort was put into most of the maps, and both game modes and customization are severely lacking.

If Halo 4 is reminding people of Crysis, this is a good thing.