Your Worst Moment in Halo?

First off let me make one rule: It has to be from a Halo game you enjoyed. That way we don’t have this thread derailing to comments such as “343 was my worst moment.”

With that said, what was the most brutal experience you had in Halo?

I’ll go first…

Me and my brother were up to Truth and Reconciliation on LASO difficulty. We spent 8 hours, got fairly close to the end, and had to quit… yeah… then after a long recovery we eventually went back and beat it in a solid 3 hours, with the advantage of having learned how to beat most sections. We haven’t done another mission on CE LASO since.

The day I decided to do YouTube.

Getting to a checkpoint (this can apply to any of the games I enjoy), dying, then having to react with lightning speed to not die the same way once I respawn at that cursed checkpoint. For example, on Tsavo Highway in Halo 3, I got to the area where there are a ton of Wraiths and Choppers - the checkpoint is right after the bridge - and my vehicle was damaged enough that a Chopper could blow me up in 1-2 shots on Heroic. That was rather traumatizing.

> 2533274887950450;3:
> Getting to a checkpoint (this can apply to any of the games I enjoy), dying, then having to react with lightning speed to not die the same way once I respawn at that cursed checkpoint. For example, on Tsavo Highway in Halo 3, I got to the area where there are a ton of Wraiths and Choppers - the checkpoint is right after the bridge - and my vehicle was damaged enough that a Chopper could blow me up in 1-2 shots on Heroic. That was rather traumatizing.

This has happened to me a hundred teams. That specific level too. Stupid choppers, and wraith.

The time I got a checkpoint right as my warthog was falling off a cliff. So I kept spawning and immediately falling off and there was no way to get out in time. And this was at the very end of the mission on legendary.

I have 3:

• The worst moment for Halo 3: ODST was my step-dad and I were playing firefight. We decided to put on “Xbox-Music” and hopefully let us make it farther.
    However, instead of helping us. Somehow, someway, the covenant was becoming stronger. As if they were pumped up beyond belief. We died on the 3rd wave lol - The worst moment for Halo: Reach was playing the last mission “Lone Wolf” on I can’t remember if it was Normal or Heroic. But playing that mission for 2 hours, wondering why is this continuing & then leaving the boundary, dying, and then seeing the cutscene. Realizing “Oh… so I was supposed to die. Well that’s just great.” - As for Halo 4, playing it on Legendary. All n all, it was & is the most easiest halo campaign in all the franchise. However, there was this 1, not 2, not 5, not 10. But ONE obnoxious Promethean that kept on 1-shotting me on the jungle mission “Infinity” Took me 2 days to come up with a plan to beat him. (Stay in cover the entire time, and play peek’a’boo with it until I killed it)

> 2535456419198688;5:
> The time I got a checkpoint right as my warthog was falling off a cliff. So I kept spawning and immediately falling off and there was no way to get out in time. And this was at the very end of the mission on legendary.

Ouch. :frowning: Cursed checkpoints really are the worst, as I mentioned in my post.

Also, spawning at a checkpoint on a higher difficulty setting, with low ammo on all weapons and no fresh ones to grab unless you can kill the enemies…

> 2533274809217985;4:
> > 2533274887950450;3:
> > Getting to a checkpoint (this can apply to any of the games I enjoy), dying, then having to react with lightning speed to not die the same way once I respawn at that cursed checkpoint. For example, on Tsavo Highway in Halo 3, I got to the area where there are a ton of Wraiths and Choppers - the checkpoint is right after the bridge - and my vehicle was damaged enough that a Chopper could blow me up in 1-2 shots on Heroic. That was rather traumatizing.
>
>
> This has happened to me a hundred teams. That specific level too. Stupid choppers, and wraith.

Things like this would happen a lot on LASO when your trying to run past enemies.

> 2535440220895207;6:
> I have 3:
>
> - The worst moment for Halo 3: ODST was my step-dad and I were playing firefight. We decided to put on “Xbox-Music” and hopefully let us make it farther.
> However, instead of helping us. Somehow, someway, the covenant was becoming stronger. As if they were pumped up beyond belief. We died on the 3rd wave lol
> - The worst moment for Halo: Reach was playing the last mission “Lone Wolf” on I can’t remember if it was Normal or Heroic. But playing that mission for 2 hours, wondering why is this continuing & then leaving the boundary, dying, and then seeing the cutscene. Realizing “Oh… so I was supposed to die. Well that’s just great.”
> - As for Halo 4, playing it on Legendary. All n all, it was & is the most easiest halo campaign in all the franchise. However, there was this 1, not 2, not 5, not 10. But ONE obnoxious Promethean that kept on 1-shotting me on the jungle mission “Infinity” Took me 2 days to come up with a plan to beat him. (Stay in cover the entire time, and play peek’a’boo with it until I killed it)

Lol, thats funny.

> 2533274887950450;7:
> > 2535456419198688;5:
> > The time I got a checkpoint right as my warthog was falling off a cliff. So I kept spawning and immediately falling off and there was no way to get out in time. And this was at the very end of the mission on legendary.
>
>
> Ouch. :frowning: Cursed checkpoints really are the worst, as I mentioned in my post.
>
> Also, spawning at a checkpoint on a higher difficulty setting, with low ammo on all weapons and no fresh ones to grab unless you can kill the enemies…

It would actually take you back a checkpoint if you kept restarting checkpoint enough. Thats hilarious though.

Gravemind legendary, and having to do it three times because of being disconnected. It haunts me.