-Your TOP 3 Returning Weapons (w/ changes?)-

1. Grenade Launcher: Never has a Grenade Launcher been so fun to use and strategic since Goldeneye 64. The only adjustment I would make to it is increase the blast radius of it a little bit and perhaps reduce the ammo to 5. This weapon is good in the proper hands, but it still feels a little underpowered.

2. DMR: Halo NEEDS a hitscan, precision weapon as its utility weapon. Burst Fire weapons do NOT work online, we saw this with both Halo 2 and Halo 3. Halo 2’s BR offhost or in ANY sort of lag is terribad and let’s not even talk about the inconsistencies of Halo 3’s BR. If the BR were to return, we still need that single shot precision weapon like the DMR in tact.

3. Scoped Pistol: Need I say more? Finally the Pistol is a worthy adversary once again! I’d suggest adding one more magazine to the ammo and increasing the bullet count to 10 or 12. Giving it more bullets and a larger clip would make it great for AR/Pistol starts. Either way, a scoped Pistol IS mandatory at this point.[/li]

So what are YOUR lists?

the DMR was the prototype for the BR in cannon, but in game-play it is better, in real life id go burst. but id prefer the needle rifle style semi for accuracy auto for fire-power there for removing the burst/single fire argument and replacing it with a weapon that is effective at medium long range, but still gets out gunned by the AR at close range.

i completely agree with you on the grenade launcher, i like that gun i use it alot, but so many times i feel a frag has a better blast radius.

the scoped pistol of halo:1 was there as the equivalent of the DMR/BR a medium range weapon with good accuracy and power, no we have rifles for that the scoped pistol is redundant. although i would like the pistol to return to at least some of its glory because simply put the H3 pistol is pathetic.

thats my opinion on your choices, my 3 choices would be.

1 what you said about the grenade launcher, although where chief would get one when all he has available is supposedly what was left on the dawn which isn’t allot and the launcher hasn’t been seen since reach (before halo 1/2/3). but regardless i like it and would be happy if it came back (and not surprised if it doesnt)

2 the SMG. im not bothered if dual wielding is back or not, as long as i get this baby im happy, up the damage allot if its single wield or only a little if its dual wield either way it always felt good to fire but also felt underpowered at the best of times.

3 the sentinel beam, like the focus rifle, but shorter range and better damage, always felt good melting stuff to look tough with this shame it was never around much in MP and had such a low ammo supply in campaign.

BR

SMG

BR

I’d rather see the Halo 2 BR brought back, but with shot leading included using hitscan. (Basically, have the actual target be in front of the target by a certain distance, so it’ll look like leading but be actually hitscan)

The DMR is great and all, but a hitscan BR functions almost exactly the same. The battle rifle is just so much more satisfying to fire than the DMR.

BR (3-burst, hitscan)
NR (hitscan)
Sniper Rifle (hitscan)

That being said hitscan takes much less skill than bullet travel.

H3 sniper is harder to get headshots than the H:R sniper.

> BR (3-burst, hitscan)
> NR (hitscan)
> Sniper Rifle (hitscan)
>
> That being said hitscan takes much less skill than bullet travel.
>
> H3 sniper is harder to get headshots than the H:R sniper.

Bullet lead simulated using hitscan is the best solution.

1. Grenade Launcher. I love that thing.

2. Needle Rifle. The Covy Carbine can die in a ditch.

3. SMG, along with dual wielding.

1. Grenade Launcher. Like it was mentioned in the first post, the explosion should be a bit bigger. Asides from that, I love the weapon and it should definitely make a comeback.

2. SMG. It filled a nice niche by having a range between the shotgun’s and the AR’s. It was great when you wanted to have a close ranged weapon that wouldn’t find itself making you vulnerable to shotguns, while also giving you a nice dual-wielding option.

3. Sentinel Beam. It would be great being back the way it is, though if they really wanted to change it up they could make it a bit weaker while giving it the ability to stun people while hitting them (sort of like the Plasma Rifle in Halo 1). I’d probably prefer it to act like the Focus Rifle does now (without the scope), but either way works for me.

Scoped Pistol.
DMR
Burst-shot weapon (like the BR, but not necessarily the BR).

Grenade Launcher: UNCHANGED!

Missile Pod: greatest weapon of all time.

/statement

Brute Shot

BR

SMG

Spartan Laser

Honestly i would like to see the BR come back, the DMR should not be in Halo 4, gotta love canon, woooooooo!

I just hope at the very least the Sniper rifle isn’t a joke to use like in Reach. As for anything else weapon wise i don’t really care as long as my beloved BR is back :slight_smile:

I think they should bring back the BR and get rid of hitscan. Having to lead your shots, and having to land 3 shots makes a much bigger skill curve. With single shot hitscan weapons you can sweep shot people so easily, it’s really stupid if you ask me. With a 3 shot burst weapon you have to keep it on them until the burst is done, which removes sweep shotting. And without hitscan, you really can’t sweep shot at all period.

At the very least, they must do one of them. Bring back the BR or get rid of hitscan. I say do both.

1. BR - i landed in the ship with my BR and now i dont have it? whaaaat? seriously though, the BR is one of the known, iconic weapons in Halo (aside from the AR of course) and is amazing. however, i want 2’s BR. leading shots in 3 sucked most of the time (though it was more skill based, so i debate on which is better sometimes).

2. Scoped SMG (no Silencer) - SMG should be back with 60 bullets from 3 and a scope from ODST. everybody wants their 60 bullet AR back, here it is. everybody likes scopes on pistol, why not the SMG? and can not be duel wielded, so it fixes that Halo 2 problem and it could be made a starting weapon for a gametype: Slayer SMG

3. Halo ODST’s Pistol - Halo 2’s was weak, but shot fast. great back up gun that you didnt mind having as your secondary. its the most balanced Pistol in my opinion that works the best too, BUT i wouldnt mind ODST’s pistol, without the silencer of course. it was Halo 2’s pistol, but also had a scope so that would make more people happy

and that’s what I want back

1. DMR - if i couldnt have my BR and in canon the DMR wasnt replaced by the BR in all branches of the UNSC except Army, id want this back. it works well, and does a good balancing job between all ranges

Beam Rifle

Covenant Carbine

SMG

Grenade Launcher

Carbine (or a variant of it)

Spartan Laser

1. Grenade Launcher

2. BR

3. Beam Rifle

Grenade Launcher and BR for obvious reasons. I really want to see a covenant counter to the sniper rifle. Sure the focus rifle is pretty cool and can have its advantages but it normally won’t measure up when facing a spartan with a sniper cross-map.

> 1. Grenade Launcher
>
> 2. BR
>
> 3. Beam Rifle
>
> Grenade Launcher and BR for obvious reasons. I really want to see a covenant counter to the sniper rifle. Sure the focus rifle is pretty cool and can have its advantages but it normally won’t measure up when facing a spartan with a sniper cross-map.

This is why we need the Beam Rifle back. It was a great Covenant equivalent of the sniper.

BR

SMG

CARBINE

Seeing as to how no covenant forces have been confirmed I’ll keep my list to human weapons.

1. M90 shotgun. I don’t care if it’s a new model or a remake of the original set in some way, I just want the REAL M90 back, Halo CEA pulled it out in favor of the M45, but Halo 4 should stick with the M90…or both.

2. Halo 2 (beta) Battle Rifle. I’d like a precision rifle that can change fire mode. Give us a taste of both worlds.

3. Assault Rifle. If the SMG doesn’t return in some form, I’d like to see the return of the MA5B or a new model with similar characteristics (less accuracy, more power, 60 rounds.) Or if there is SMG’s, I’d like the MA37 characteristics with Halo 3/Halo CEA’s aesthetic design.