Your thoughts on Jetpack users?

Honestly, I cannot stand anyone who uses a jetpack. They’re cheap and I think they’re ten times worse than people who use armor lock. Seeing the trailer of H4 anyone can assume that they’re going to be part of it since Chief uses to escape. I really think that they should take it out of the game altogether like they are going to do with armor lock. They take absolutely no skill to use and I would just love to see it gone. Anyways, thoughts?

It does take skill. If you have seen someone like ToastHasHost his his quick scopes from the jet pack, it is pretty impressive. On the other hand, jet pack is extremely over-powered for those who know how to use it, and it completely destroys maps. I refuse to play just about every Reach playlist now because Jet Pack, Active Camo, and Armor Lock are all still in them. The only one I still really play is MLG,even though I usually go negative, and Team Snipes.

Jetpack is by far the worst AA in this game, it totally breaks maps and renders having top control of maps like Solitary and Penance next to pointless. I would WELCOME Armor Lock in Halo 4 if it meant Jetpack would be out of it. AL is just cheesy and annoying, Jetpack is very OP.

> Jetpack is by far the worst AA in this game, it totally breaks maps and renders having top control of maps like Solitary and Penance next to pointless. I would WELCOME Armor Lock in Halo 4 if it meant Jetpack would be out of it. AL is just cheesy and annoying, Jetpack is very OP.

Agreed. The Jetpack is a real map breaker in maps like Reflection and Sword Base, where anyone who basically DOESN’T use a Jetpack is gimped out the -Yoink- since now he has to rely on tricky jumps or the lifts (or going the long way).

And I should know. … I specialize in the Jetpack, and I agree that it’s way too OP.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I think that jetpack users should take their jetpacks and jetpack over the river styx straight to hell.

They break map control, map flow and I hate them for it.

You don’t really need anything else but a jetpack on Solitary. In less than ten seconds after you spawn into the match, you can have the Sniper AND the Rocket Launcher.

Penance is another good example. The top of the map means nothing anymore, just some sort of an escape for jetpackers.

You need it on Sword Base because of the length of time it takes to get from the bottom of the level to the top.

Then I see people trying to use it in the middle of Hemorrhage. This is why 4 year olds shouldn’t play Halo.

All the people saying “But it breaks the maps” - what you really mean is, “Jet packers force me out of my comfort zone and make me look up more often, which I don’t like because that’s not how Halo played back in 2005 and people shouldn’t like things that I don’t like”

Right?

> All the people saying “But it breaks the maps” - what you really mean is, “Jet packers force me out of my comfort zone and make me look up more often, which I don’t like because that’s not how Halo played back in 2005 and people shouldn’t like things that I don’t like”
>
> Right?

What you really mean is: “My team has poor map placement so here let me push a button and get angles that shouldn’t exist.”

I’ll use reflection as an example: Red team member one is running through statues to right hallway, unfortunately he comes across two blues, the red team member one should die in this scenario with blue suffering one to zero casualties. Is that the scenario that happens? No, because red member two running through bottom coi ponds can almost instantaneously jetpack and be by red team member ones side. That shouldn’t happen, red team member two should either be forced to run to the lift to try and save his teammate or leave him to die because of his mistake of being alone.

> Right?

Not really.

I have a mild dislike for jetpack as a player, but really utterly despise it as a map designer. Jetpack immediately and instantly makes otherwise great map designs unplayable and frustrating. The average jetpacker will instantly try to find high up area to exploit which makes vertical features a no-go on many maps. They bypass the need to fight your way up to the high ground and power positions, thus destroying the tactical intentions of the map design.

Jetpack is the one armor ability I cannot effectively fight against. an yet, I have no problem with someone using JP. There is always another way around, look for it!

I’m Yardbird92, and I’m an ArmorLocker!

Jetpack is ridiculously OP.

just like AL, just like evade, just like active camo, just like drop shield…

Hey, lets set up a game where you only get sprint and hologram!

i dont see anything wrong with jetpacks it brings more variation to any map or battle, jetpackers in hemmorhage are easily killed by snipers or just the DMR. jetpackers are esy to spot and hear and very vulnerable in the air. @mrsaddo utilizing the kill zones in forge can easily stop jetpackers from going places you don’t want them.

> > Right?
>
> Not really.
>
> I have a mild dislike for jetpack as a player, but really utterly despise it as a map designer. Jetpack immediately and instantly makes otherwise great map designs unplayable and frustrating. The average jetpacker will instantly try to find high up area to exploit which makes vertical features a no-go on many maps. They bypass the need to fight your way up to the high ground and power positions, thus destroying the tactical intentions of the map design.

I thought Bungie created a lot of the more vertical Reach maps with the jetpack specifically in mind? Ever since Quake 3 and the invention of jump pads (mancannons) people have been neglecting taking the stairs. How many ladders have you seen in a Halo game recently? What about teleporters, are they “cheating” too?

Sorry, I don’t buy the level design argument.

As someone said earlier, it gives poeple angles that should never have. If some gets half your shield down and then you are hididng behind a pillar or a rock trying to re-gain your shield they shouldn’t be ale to just to fly up above you an get an angle on you that they would have never had without jetpack.
Also map control is destroyed with jetpack. If you’ve earned the high ground, the oppposing team shouldn’t be able to fly two guys right back to that spot and regain it instantly after spawn while you wait for your team to get in position with you.

Off topic, jet pack will definitely be in halo 4. Hopefully there is more consideration when they are building the maps for halo 4. Its unlikely though becasue there is no realy way to combat jetpacking on a multi-leveled map.

> > > Right?
> >
> > Not really.
> >
> > I have a mild dislike for jetpack as a player, but really utterly despise it as a map designer. Jetpack immediately and instantly makes otherwise great map designs unplayable and frustrating. The average jetpacker will instantly try to find high up area to exploit which makes vertical features a no-go on many maps. They bypass the need to fight your way up to the high ground and power positions, thus destroying the tactical intentions of the map design.
>
> Wait, I think Bungie said one time that Juetpack was for getting for those high places more quickly and such…So they really just designed those maps for that:If you have jetpack, you have an advatage,if you don’t, oh well…
>
> I thought Bungie created a lot of the more vertical Reach maps with the jetpack specifically in mind? Ever since Quake 3 and the invention of jump pads (mancannons) people have been neglecting taking the stairs. How many ladders have you seen in a Halo game recently? Laderrs were cut after HCE, Bungie saying that it slowed down the gameplay. What about teleporters, are they “cheating” too?
>
> Sorry, I don’t buy the level design argument.

> I’ll use reflection as an example: Red team member one is running through statues to right hallway, unfortunately he comes across two blues, the red team member one should die in this scenario with blue suffering one to zero casualties. Is that the scenario that happens? No, because red member two running through bottom coi ponds can almost instantaneously jetpack and be by red team member ones side. That shouldn’t happen, red team member two should either be forced to run to the lift to try and save his teammate or leave him to die because of his mistake of being alone.

So your whole argument is that when you change the variables in a situation, it tends to resolve differently? As the constipated Dr Watson was once heard to say; “No s**t, Sherlock”.

Let’s use your scenario, this time the lone Red guy has a rocket launcher. He faces two blues and blows them up with a couple of good shots. Oh noes! I’ve just proved rocket launchers are overpowered!

> > I’ll use reflection as an example: Red team member one is running through statues to right hallway, unfortunately he comes across two blues, the red team member one should die in this scenario with blue suffering one to zero casualties. Is that the scenario that happens? No, because red member two running through bottom coi ponds can almost instantaneously jetpack and be by red team member ones side. That shouldn’t happen, red team member two should either be forced to run to the lift to try and save his teammate or leave him to die because of his mistake of being alone.
>
> So your whole argument is that when you change the variables in a situation, it tends to resolve differently? As the constipated Dr Watson was once heard to say; “No s**t, Sherlock”.
>
> Let’s use your scenario, this time the lone Red guy has a rocket launcher. He faces two blues and blows them up with a couple of good shots. Oh noes! I’ve just proved rocket launchers are overpowered!

I’m also assuming in that scenario that the lone red guy didn’t spawn with rockets. First he had run to the rocket spawn or rip it off a dead blue body, and then haul them over to statues. In that scenario the lone red aquired power weapons and then used them to aquire map control. Too bad that the newly aquire map control can be ripped away by the push of a button.

the thing is with jetpack is that you COULD consider it over powered, but you also need to be able to shoot a gun reasonably well to get a kill. personally i never use it as i play bumper jumper. the thing that annoys me is armor lock, as im sure someone could go positive with armor lock and not use a gun once, it takes 0 skill to use and it makes you invincible. whereas jetpack you can get hit and also need to have some sort of shot to use effectively. 343 armor lock should only be in big team.

> > > Right?
> >
> > Not really.
> >
> > I have a mild dislike for jetpack as a player, but really utterly despise it as a map designer. Jetpack immediately and instantly makes otherwise great map designs unplayable and frustrating. The average jetpacker will instantly try to find high up area to exploit which makes vertical features a no-go on many maps. They bypass the need to fight your way up to the high ground and power positions, thus destroying the tactical intentions of the map design.
>
> I thought Bungie created a lot of the more vertical Reach maps with the jetpack specifically in mind? Ever since Quake 3 and the invention of jump pads (mancannons) people have been neglecting taking the stairs. How many ladders have you seen in a Halo game recently? What about teleporters, are they “cheating” too?
>
> Sorry, I don’t buy the level design argument.

Pretty certain I didn’t say jetpacks were cheating. I said that they were too dominant on certain maps, thus making those maps less desirable as good map designs.