Your Thoughts on Forge Island DLC Maps

So recently there’s not a lot of Forge Island maps that show up as a voting option (which is sad since I can’t play Hivemind very often). However they did show up way more often when they were first introduced. My favourite maps were the Hivemind maps (Repression, Drillsite, and Payload) and Onyx in Team Throwdown. What are/were your thoughts on the Forge Island DLC maps. I think they’re awesome maps and they suited multiplayer pretty well.

If anyone in the lobby hasn’t downloaded the FREE Forge Island pack, then it will not show - like DLC. I wish THAT was required, at least.

> If anyone in the lobby hasn’t downloaded the FREE Forge Island pack, then it will not show - like DLC. I wish THAT was required, at least.

I agree. Also since Forge Island DLC is free and doesn’t take up much space I really don’t know why not a lot of people have it.

> > If anyone in the lobby hasn’t downloaded the FREE Forge Island pack, then it will not show - like DLC. I wish THAT was required, at least.
>
> I agree. Also since Forge Island DLC is free and doesn’t take up much space I really don’t know why not a lot of people have it.

They might not know about it, and unfortunately, that might be the very reason why 343i can’t make it required.

I don’t think the game displays a special message for if a required DLC is free. If 343i requires Forge Island, then all these people who haven’t heard of it will see the same message they’d see if any other map pack were required. As far as they’re concerned, Matchmaking will be paid-DLC-locked, so the game’s population will drop like a stone.

> > > If anyone in the lobby hasn’t downloaded the FREE Forge Island pack, then it will not show - like DLC. I wish THAT was required, at least.
> >
> > I agree. Also since Forge Island DLC is free and doesn’t take up much space I really don’t know why not a lot of people have it.
>
> They might not know about it, and unfortunately, that might be the very reason why 343i can’t make it required.
>
> I don’t think the game displays a special message for if a required DLC is free. If 343i requires Forge Island, then all these people who haven’t heard of it will see the same message they’d see if any other map pack were required. As far as they’re concerned, Matchmaking will be paid-DLC-locked, so the game’s population will drop like a stone.

But if the game can display a “download now: Forge Islands free”, then they might know about it. (not exactly like that, but you get my drift)

> > > If anyone in the lobby hasn’t downloaded the FREE Forge Island pack, then it will not show - like DLC. I wish THAT was required, at least.
> >
> > I agree. Also since Forge Island DLC is free and doesn’t take up much space I really don’t know why not a lot of people have it.
>
> They might not know about it, and unfortunately, that might be the very reason why 343i can’t make it required.
>
> I don’t think the game displays a special message for if a required DLC is free. If 343i requires Forge Island, then all these people who haven’t heard of it will see the same message they’d see if any other map pack were required. As far as they’re concerned, Matchmaking will be paid-DLC-locked, so the game’s population will drop like a stone.

Thanks for the answer. But it does still pains me to see that the Forge Island maps don’t show up very often.

I think they are great, especially for team snipers and big team slayers!

Matchmaking needs more