Your perfect button layout.

Hey guys, just been looking at some of the button layouts from an MLG game I saw and I didn’t really see what I would use in Halo 4. I really hope they add a good amount of layouts for this game other than the ones at the start of this vid. Watch the best in esports live - MLG

Anyway let me get to the point!
What would your perfect button layout be?
I think mine would be:
Jump A
Melee B
Reload/action X
Change Weapon Y
Crouch Left Thumb Stick
Zoom Right Thumb Stick
Sprint and armour ability ether LB or RB
Shoot RT
Grenade LT
Change grenade Up on D Pad ( I don’t think that’s been used)
Choose ordinance Left Right and Down on D Pad

I think I covered it all haha.
The only thing I’m not sure on is whether the game play might make me want a couple of the buttons to change. I’ll have to wait and see when the game comes out, but as a guess I reckon this layout would work for me.

What do you guys think?

Mine would just be the Recon control scheme from Reach but with a few minor differences:

X: Armor Ability
Left and Right D-Pad: Cycle through grenades.
LB: Sprint

Yup, that’s all I need.

It should be fine whatever it is I guess. I’ll just have to get used to a couple of changes like I did when Reach launched =]

> It should be fine whatever it is I guess. I’ll just have to get used to a couple of changes like I did when Reach launched =]

I didn’t have to get use to anything, aside from the Grenade switching button changing.

Recon FTW

> Mine would just be the Recon control scheme from Reach but with a few minor differences:
>
> X: Armor Ability
> Left and Right D-Pad: Cycle through grenades.
> LB: Sprint
>
> Yup, that’s all I need.

I agree, I could see this layout work for me to since I use the “Recon” layout as well. I do hope that will be a setting or we get custom settings.
Or I saw in that video above that the Setting is taht except with…
X: Sprint
LB: Armor Ability

That could work for me also. So I’m good.

To be honest I think that’s what I did xD

I preferred it as close to halo 3 as possible, for some reason I’m sure something was different even with Recon.
It was a long time ago that I played Halo 3 hehe, and it’s been a little while since I’ve played Reach. I’m kind of fazing Reach out so I can embrace Halo 4 fully when it comes out.

[deleted]

A: Jump
B: Melee
X: Action/Reload
Y: Switch Weapons
RB: Sprint
LB: Armor Ability
RT: Fire
LT: Grenade
RS: Scope
LS: Crouch
D-Pad: Swap Grenades

> > Mine would just be the Recon control scheme from Reach but with a few minor differences:
> >
> > X: Armor Ability
> > Left and Right D-Pad: Cycle through grenades.
> > LB: Sprint
> >
> > Yup, that’s all I need.
>
> I agree, I could see this layout work for me to since I use the “Recon” layout as well. I do hope that will be a setting or we get custom settings.

That would be my ideal layout too. I hope they do have it in the game. (If it is, it won’t be Recon because I saw on one of the videos that Recon had Sprint on X and LB was use AA. Let’s hope they change it since it doesn’t make much sense to have Sprint on X.)

Always Recon configuration.
Keep Sprint LB for me, easy. I always choose sprint.
RB Reload, X maybe AA?

Bumper Jumper from that video would be perfect if they switched throw grenade back to LT.

shoot: RT
nade: LT
jump: LB
melee: RB
AA: x
sprint: a
zoom: right thumbstick
crouch: left thumbstick
toggle weapon: y
reload weapon/action: B
toggle nades: down Dpad
ordnance: up Dpad