Your opinions on sniping

I was wondering how many of you consider sniping a way of camping. I usually snipe on Ragnarok and get killed few times or not at all. I swap between the center of the bases, the sniper nest that both bases have, pelican and the mid of the map, so i am not staying in one place with a power weapon at all, and still i get messages after the match from the other team saying “-yoink!-ing camper”.

I think snipers are an invaluable part of a team. I can’t count the number of times a sniper on my team has saved my -Yoink- by killing my opponent. Likewise, I’ve saved my teammates a few times as well by killing their opponents. Just today on Ragnarok I did super well in the middle of a map with a sniper; I even got a collateral which never happens usually xD I have a great deal of respect for snipers; it’s not all that easy to do if you’re not used to it

I’m not a fan of sniping. I more of a in your face kind of guy, stealth and fighting from afar aren’t really my cup of tea in any game, not just Halo.

With that being said I have a strong respect for snipers, they have a difficult job to do and when they do it well it shows among team games. Guarding your flag carrier as they’re running the flag. Protecting an opponent who is in a bad fire fight.

But the problem is that many people simply see it as an easy way to get kills and not as a way to help your team mates.

A sniper who moves around a bit (but still stays nearish to the sniper spawn) is a hell of a lot more deadly than a sniper who stays in the same place :smiley:

Maxed out my sniper rifle rather quickly because nobody can work out where a sniper is, if he kills and moves on.

Edit.

The last bit of the above post is spot on, most people think easy kills with it. One Reach, BTB CTF, I’d nab the sniper and find a nice spot to pick off anyone rushing our flag, or attempting to kill our carrier on his way back.

The only thing close to that now is in Dominion, guarding a base from afar or stopping people from capturing a different base.

I suppose if we had a CTF variant in BTB, it would be a hell of a lot more useful.

Well, thats is much better than all the spam that i receive often. I will upload some of my sniping vids to my fileshare soon. I have a double headshot collateral and some pretty crazy snapshots :D. I wont care if people call me a camper anymore.
Thanks for commenting people!

Sniping is fun if done right

Must admit sniping was more fun on Reach than in Halo 4 though :frowning:

I used to love jetpacking my way up to the top of the towers on Renegade (you can get up there but it’s difficult)… Got many perfections up there picking off people who had no clue where the hell I was :smiley:

Part of me wants to go into Team Snipers now with a full team JUST for the sake of swapping sniper stories, screwing around, and having some laughs xD Snipers FTW!

I suck at sniping so I avoid it whenever possible. Once in a long while I’ll go for the sniper but out of a full clip with the ammo mod I only get a few kills with it. I prefer big booms or CQC myself. Also sniping requires patience, something I lack. When I get a sniper of any kind I waste a lot of the ammo or try to bust vehicles with it. It’s rather boring.

> I suck at sniping so I avoid it whenever possible. Once in a long while I’ll go for the sniper but out of a full clip with the ammo mod I only get a few kills with it. I prefer big booms or CQC myself. Also sniping requires patience, something I lack. When I get a sniper of any kind I waste a lot of the ammo or try to bust vehicles with it. It’s rather boring.

Trust me, it’s rather fun when a Warthog with a gunner and passenger is bombing it across the map, and you are the one who gets a snapshop triple kill vehicle destruction with one shot :smiley:

Another I remember from Reach was a Warthog that I destroyed in a fun way with two Sniper bullets :smiley:

Was on Haemorrhage on the left hand side of the map and was going to take a pot shot at an opponent who was attacking a teammate in the center of the map in a CTF game. They ended up killing each other but a Warthog carrying the flag back was about to go over their bodies. One pot shot later and it turns out I’d sniped a grenade that was on the floor just as the Warthog went over it. One more bullet later and the tumbling warthog exploded :smiley:

sniping is anoying and the binary rifle is OP( im not wrong) but i have respect for snipers. they have skill and its good support for the team.

> sniping is anoying and the binary rifle is OP( im not wrong) but i have respect for snipers. they have skill and its good support for the team.

Well the Binary Rifle has a slow fire rate and reload speed, only holds six rounds and can give away your position when you zoom in and almost impossible to no scope or snapshot. Sniping is not that annoying unless they have active camo but I agree they can give good support though.

Every team needs a sniper on their team

I mean hell, You expect the guy to pick up the sniper and run mid map only to get it taken away?

That’s silly